Lopburi gold shop suspect: He's a former cop's son who says he did it for the thrill

webfact

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Elsewhere in the media a relative of one of the three people shot - an employee of the Aurora gold shop - indicated that the murder had nothing to do with jealousy. 

Surakit, the father of Thidarat Thongthip, 31, said he had never seen nor met the suspect. 

10 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

A whole lot of items there not mentioned or in direct contradiction to the report in the op. 

Care to share your sources?

Very little in conflict with the OP except the quote above. Strange as there are photos circulating on social media with the perp, his wife and the dead girl. I suspect a big brown envelope heading the father's way.

The perp and the police are currently engaging in a massive whitewash in preparation for the trial. The Q&A session between the perp and the media was a prima facie case of the whitewash. Have you ever known of a similar event in Thailand? Used by the perp to mitigate his crimes in the eyes of the public by spouting unmitigated and unchallenged hogwash.

Why did it take several days after his identity was known to arrest the guy? Gathering evidence? First rule of policing, arrest as quickly as possible be fore the evidence dissappears. No, the time was used for the police to try and find a patsy (remember the guy in Nong Khai) and prepare mitigation for his crimes. The police are working for the perp, not against him.

This guy, his family, and the police are aiming for a reduced charge and much reduced sentence when the case comes to court. No doubt he will get it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, anicon said:

..they have most of all the evidence they need except for the gold, the weapon belonged to his father, the Yamaha M/C he borrowed from his father-in-law, he had the 9mm ammunition in his possession, they should find the gold if he did dump it in the river somewhere, but expect a rush for scuba gear and the rivers inundated with gold seekers..

The gold was found in his house.

Quick solution, which could deter others from such crime.  Think the U.S. stopped hangings because much more money to be made (stolen from taxpayers) with their prison systems.  Such a perverse form of humanitarianism.  We house, feed, and give medical care to those who commit crimes against humanity and do nothing for the victims who have suffered because of the criminals/murderers. 

images (10).jpeg

Edited by Skallywag

I understand all the "hang 'em high" sintiments but I doubt the deceased are gonna get any such justice. Maybe a few months in jail but at the end of the day many will be bewildered at the lack of serious punishment. This isn't the west, there is no 'eye for an eye' tenent in their religious doctrine. We'll never know what or how it was done but we will be amazed that he is out , alive, and has another mia noi. I hope I am wrong but money and klout do wonderous things in this part of the world, as they do everywhere else. So don't be too surprised when they go to court and the gloves don't fit.

• Like 2

The perpetrator is a fool, among other things, if he thinks people will believe these ridiculous claims in view of his having a handgun with a silencer.  It negates these bogus claims; including the previous one that he hoped to be terminated.  His actions, before in preparation for, and then during the attacks alone, speak volumes of truth.

On 1/23/2020 at 12:48 PM, dddave said:

Why don't you explain just what you think is wrong with the arrest?

I'd begin with the safe house. Many suspect it was for vigorous questioning; perhaps it was a ploy used only to get their stories straight.

The FIL says now the SIL had the weapon that day, story can change.

Same with the perp usinig the motorbike, hearsay until it is said in court.

The gold, prove that the numbers on the gold match the numbers for the inventory, gold looks the same everywhere.

DNA, give me a break.

It is a long way from pointing media fingers and someone being convicted. 

I'm not saying he is innocent, I am saying he hasn't had a day in court. 

On 1/23/2020 at 11:16 AM, CGW said:

I'm used to making a fool of myself so I will have a go at stating what I find wrong ????

The motive changes by the hour, was it a "hit", did he do it for the money as he was in debt, or did he do it for the "thrill", jealousy was a part? regardless - he then went calmly out that night for a meal!

DNA, do the 'Police" now have a mobile testing lab, if so where is it accredited? Sweat sample, murder, carnage, chaos, lots of people, yet this newly established unit managed to match sweat samples from the perp, given their history with all things criminal & DNA, I can't help but wonder?

Good points, but one also wonders about the caliber of the "journalists" writing this. I know from personal experience that it means more to make a slick sounding story than to be sure of the facts

40 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

i wonder if the thais nearby his town are looking in the river for the gold. seems odd he would kill and rob only to throw the gold into the river.  that does not add up

What are you talking about? The Gold was found in the roof of his fathers carport

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

The gold, prove that the numbers on the gold match the numbers for the inventory, gold looks the same everywhere.

DNA, give me a break.

You seem to be missing the point that the guy as admitted to stealing the gold and admitted to then hiding the gold in the roof. The police accompanied him to his house and he pointed to the roof and said the stolen gold is up there in the roof..  Who would be standing up in court and saying otherwise ?? Even the guys own lawyer isnt going to contradict what his client says.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:30 AM, thequietman said:

1, The gun - check - his FIL's.

2, Gold - check - found in his aunties house.

3. Gait - check - leg injury causes him to walk and stand a specific way

4. Shoes - check - match the prints found on the glass

5. Wife - check - she told the cops that he did it.

6. Admission of guilt - check - He SAID he did it.

The reasons behind his thinking is neither here nor there. This is not a balanced individual. He did it. 

Yep. The eyes and mouth can smile but the mind is going helter skelter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Word is from the local BiB that the killer and the murdered gold shop girl were 'well known' to each other. Despite what he's done ( as yet unproven in court) and the mistakes he's made (as yet unproven in court) the accused is not a complete idiot. 

I didn't know so I just searched online and found this......

Jun 6, 2012. Suspended in the blood of a pregnant woman — along with some added information from a dad-to-be's saliva — lurks enough fetal DNA to map out an unborn baby's entire genetic blueprint.

Gambling is not allowed here so let me just ask.... 'Who reckons the glove jamming his finger on the trigger, thus causing the poor girl to be shot 3 or 4 times and killed' was just a terrible accident?'

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BRUFC said:

Word is from the local BiB that the killer and the murdered gold shop girl were 'well known' to each other. Despite what he's done ( as yet unproven in court) and the mistakes he's made (as yet unproven in court) the accused is not a complete idiot. 

I didn't know so I just searched online and found this......

Jun 6, 2012. Suspended in the blood of a pregnant woman — along with some added information from a dad-to-be's saliva — lurks enough fetal DNA to map out an unborn baby's entire genetic blueprint.

Gambling is not allowed here so let me just ask.... 'Who reckons the glove jamming his finger on the trigger, thus causing the poor girl to be shot 3 or 4 times and killed' was just a terrible accident?'

Correct, gambling is not allowed here, neither is breaking the traffic laws, prostitution, bribery, laundering money, buying - selling - using drugs, etc etc., 

So how long have you been in Thailand?

Edited by Artisi

7 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Correct, gambling is not allowed here, neither is breaking the traffic laws, prostitution, bribery, laundering money, buying - selling - using drugs, etc etc., 

So how long have you been in Thailand?

Long enough NOT to take bets on an open forum or even encourage such a thing. 

I may have been inadvertently guilty of breaking a traffic law but as for the rest 'Not Guilty!'

Why do you ask?

Of, so sorry. I do drink alcohol.

Edited by BRUFC
Addendum

20 hours ago, Artisi said:

Yep, few days ago, long superceeded info., but nevermind won't change anything. 

ok im not on the internet 24/7 .    i just saw that some news outlet reported the gold was thrown in the river. wondered if thais were scouring the river for it

Golf is the director of a primary school (Wat Pho Chai school) in nearby Singburi though he resides in Lopburi. 

He couldn't rip of enough parents, what a thug. He shouldn't be allowed to breathe anymore. Even a bullet would be wasted on him.

Let the relatives of the deceased deal with him, please. 

• Like 1