DeeMoney launches DeeNEXT - a guaranteed next working day money transfer service to 28 countries

Great ! Introduced just after I do( early this week ) a sizable international transfer on app for B150 + VAT to arrive in "3 to 5" working days! With the receiving bank not working on weekends, this will end up close to a week! Next week !

Not impressed !

• Haha 2

I did not realise that Scotland had suddenly gained independence and it's own currency as this site shows a TX for;  

United Kingdom ( GBP ) 39.80  

Scotland           ( SCO ) 38.50.

How the hell do they justify/work that out?

PS; I cannot see (not that I have tried very hard) how you bring money into Thailand from UK/SCO with this company!

Edited by scottiejohn

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

PS; I cannot see (not that I have tried very hard) how you bring money into Thailand from UK/SCO with this company!

From the article - 

we are now also supporting international money transferring to 

My understanding is they have only ever been for transfers out of Thailand.

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

I did not realise that Scotland had suddenly gained independence and it's own currency as this site shows a TX for;  

United Kingdom ( GBP ) 39.80  

Scotland           ( SCO ) 38.50.

How the hell do they justify/work that out?

Hi Scottie, thanks for pointing that out, we are fixing it immediately!

As for transfers from the UK INTO Thailand. That is currently not possible with us. DeeMoney specializes in transfers FROM Thailand to the world.

13 hours ago, ThaivisaSales said:

Since 2018, DeeMoney has been innovating the way our users move money in and out of Thailand

This says "in and out of Thailand"

4 hours ago, DeeMoney said:

As for transfers from the UK INTO Thailand. That is currently not possible with us. DeeMoney specializes in transfers FROM Thailand to the world.

Please explain, as your blurb is misleading. 

5 hours ago, DeeMoney said:

What are you fixing? 

If you do not know that Scotland does not have a separate currency to ALL of the UK how can anyone trust any of your exchange rates. 

If you had quoted the GBP(UK)/SCO at the same rates I could have accepted that as a "local" translation error!  But to quote different rates for GBP(UK)/SCO when there is no such difference in currency begs the question of how you quote any of your rates.

Please explain how you made the differential quotes and convince me, and I now suspect a few others, of your financial credibility.

Edited by scottiejohn

3 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

If you were talking about exchanging physical (SCO) GBP notes inside Thailand I could agree with you but you are not doing that!  

You are advertising a Thai Bank To UK bank service, not an "over the counter" exchange in Thailand. 

You are transferring Electronic GBP not physical notes.  The face value of the notes is identical whither they are local Scottish bank issue or BofE issue. You are still clearing through the London clearing houses and NOT exchanging physical notes. There should be no difference in the rates for electronic transfers. 

The Money Exchange service is completely separated from our Money Transfer services. We do both. The Money Exchange service is specifically for our Superrich counter at our Sukumvit Soi 8 branch near BTS Nana.

The GBP rates you see on the "Transfer money to the UK" page are rates for money transfers through the DeeMoney app, website, and branch transfers (the counter inside the branch, that is next to our Superrich counter).

• Confused 1

On 1/23/2020 at 6:16 PM, DeeMoney said:

WHY ??

If you are going to do transfers don’t you think you should do it properly both ways?

There was me thinking that at long last here was a company that was trying to help and and not Wip us Uff as most do and then you contradict your own blurb.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 12:46 AM, Janner1 said:

WHY ??

If you are going to do transfers don’t you think you should do it properly both ways?

There was me thinking that at long last here was a company that was trying to help and and not Wip us Uff as most do and then you contradict your own blurb.

Early on, we focused our resources on developing ourselves to accommodate transfers from Thailand to other countries.

This was not only because in markets such as Europe, Transferwise simply dominates the landscape, but also because there was a high demand in transfers from Thailand because the license required to perform such transactions legally is extremely difficult to obtain.

Which is why DeeMoney is the still the only non-bank entity in Thailand with the license, the other non-bank competitor(s) simply partners with local banks.

Since we were able to satisfy the demand, it has allowed us to strive. Thus, transfers from the world INTO Thailand, is not far off at this point.

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2020 at 12:46 AM, Janner1 said:

WHY ??

Are you going to ask the same question to Transferwise as they are a one-way transfer service between the UK and Thailand?  Transferwise can transfer from UK to Thailand but not Thailand to UK...in fact, Transferwise can not transfer out of Thailand to any country.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Very good news, I have to say though that going into your branch near Suk Soi 8 the staff seem surprised when somebody tries to communicate in English!

All our staff are trained to communicate efficiently in English and most of our customers are not Thai. Perhaps they were struck by how good you looked ????

• Haha 1

So transferring THB 1 mm:

- Deemoney would give me EUR 29,291.15 (minus THB 125-250 fees) the next working 

- Bangkok Bank would give me EUR 29,359.95 (minus c. THB 2,000 fees) during the next 2-5 working days

- Official exchange rate for reference is EUR 29,527.92

If that’s correct, the benefit of the faster (and maybe easier) transfer would cost me c. EUR 18. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DeeMoney said:

All our staff are trained to communicate efficiently in English and most of our customers are not Thai. Perhaps they were struck by how good you looked ????

No they were bemused by me asking for an application form, not that they seemed any worse than bank staff

On 1/23/2020 at 11:25 PM, scottiejohn said:

What are you fixing? 

If you do not know that Scotland does not have a separate currency to ALL of the UK how can anyone trust any of your exchange rates. 

If you had quoted the GBP(UK)/SCO at the same rates I could have accepted that as a "local" translation error!  But to quote different rates for GBP(UK)/SCO when there is no such difference in currency begs the question of how you quote any of your rates.

Please explain how you made the differential quotes and convince me, and I now suspect a few others, of your financial credibility.

Wow you definitely got out of bed the wrong way on the 23rd...there is finally a company that has some permissions to make it easier for transfers OUT of Thailand.

So give them a break and be nice with your suggestions (which they actually reply to--kudos to them).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, thainet said:

Wow you definitely got out of bed the wrong way on the 23rd...there is finally a company that has some permissions to make it easier for transfers OUT of Thailand.

So give them a break and be nice with your suggestions (which they actually reply to--kudos to them).

I would suggest that you have got out of bed the wrong way today. I did NOT get out of bed the wrong way on the 23rd.

My comments have all been based on what they have written, advertised or provided links to in their posts

Why should a company advertising their products in a misleading or confusing way get any kudos or breaks?  They should have got it right the first time.

The two major points I made were that Scotland does not have it's own currency, it is the GBP the same as the rest of the UK and in the first paragraph of their sales blurb they say they transfer money in and out.  They now claim they don't transfer out.

59 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I would suggest that you have got out of bed the wrong way today. I did NOT get out of bed the wrong way on the 23rd.

My comments have all been based on what they have written, advertised or provided links to in their posts

Why should a company advertising their products in a misleading or confusing way get any kudos or breaks?  They should have got it right the first time.

The two major points I made were that Scotland does not have it's own currency, it is the GBP the same as the rest of the UK and in the first paragraph of their sales blurb they say they transfer money in and out.  They now claim they don't transfer out.

The mention about moving money in and out Thailand is a slight reference to our ability to receive money transferred from Cambodia.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, DeeMoney said:

The mention about moving money in and out Thailand is a slight reference to our ability to receive money transferred from Cambodia.

This is from your company's original post on this thread.

"Since 2018, DeeMoney has been innovating the way our users move money in and out of Thailand by providing fast, convenient and inclusive methods for cross border payments and remittances"

No mention of only Cambodia in the OP! You first said "in and out", then said no "in", now you say "in" only from Cambodia. What is it?

I am not making up any of my comments or observations in any of my posts.  I am only quoting what I am reading on your postings/website!

I only visited your website because of that "in and out" comment in your original post.  In particular the "in" bit.  It was enticing but misleading!

I am only interested in the "in" aspect and can assure you that I will not be using your services until such time as you are providing an "inbound" service with clear and concise advertising and information.

PS;  How do you have a "slight reference" to anything without defining or quoting the actual reference?

Edited by scottiejohn
PS; added

9 hours ago, Pib said:

Are you going to ask the same question to Transferwise as they are a one-way transfer service between the UK and Thailand?  Transferwise can transfer from UK to Thailand but not Thailand to UK...in fact, Transferwise can not transfer out of Thailand to any country.

YES, if transferwise had advertised itself in the same way I would have. But the point here was DeeMoney and as it happens they have answered my question sufficiently well enough to be able expect fulfilment of said question in the not too distant future, so well done to them, and a pity you missed the initial point

Well a low cost, fast transfer from AUD to THB (one day) alternative  to Transferwise I would welcome.  Not impressed with Transferwise shifting forward the day of depositing my account when they acknowledge receipt of my funds from Oz.

Looks like Deemoney will not be that service since they cannot transfer money into Thailand. Shame!

I have just done the DeeNext transfer for promotion fee of B125, and YES it was in the AUD bank in OZ the next day.

Exchange rate about 21.30.....not too bad.

This promotional (half price) fee is available for a month or two.

Check with their hotline.

Quite satisfied.

• Like 1

Yea, their Next Day delivery lived up to its advertising with my transfer this week to a US bank.  Only 11 hours from initiating & funding the transfer until it posted to my US bank acct.  Can't complain about that.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 9:56 AM, Orton Rd said:

Very good news, I have to say though that going into your branch near Suk Soi 8 the staff seem surprised when somebody tries to communicate in English!

Not my experience at all, their English was more than adequate when I registered there and I didn't notice any signs of surprise either.

On 1/23/2020 at 6:16 PM, DeeMoney said:

I also miss Denmark and Sweden also a part of EU