Classroom attack: Father blames school as relatives offer 30,000 baht to hush it up

webfact

Classroom attack: Father blames school as relatives offer 30,000 baht to hush it up

1pm1.jpg

Thai caption: He survived classroom attack

Picture: Sanook

A father of a secondary school boy went on Facebook to vent his frustrations after a neighbor called him to say his son was in hospital after a classroom attack by a fellow M2 pupil. 

Two video clips of the violence have been posted, reported Sanook.

"Wai" ,14,  the son of Phinya, 40, was hospitalized with a broken left arm and multiple bruising to his face and torso.

The father has blamed the school in Phunphin, Surat Thani for dereliction of duty of care saying that he always thought that school was a "second home" and that teachers were "your other parents". 

The school reportedly said they would accept responsibility for what happened but were concerned about loss of reputation. They asked relatives to delete the damaging clips. 

The father was told that the relatives of the boy who attacked his son had offered 30,000 baht to keep it all quiet. 

Phinya has been to the police but they allegedly said they would wait 15 days before doing anything. 

With the outcry on social media the reaction of the school and police may well now change, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-23
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

This is outrageous. Also hope that the father don´t step back, take the money and stay quiet.

Agreed but it does not actually say who was offered the money.  Could be a multi-split between father, police, hospital, school.  Might just be peanuts.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The school reportedly said they would accept responsibility for what happened but were concerned about loss of reputation. They asked relatives to delete the damaging clips. 

The father was told that the relatives of the boy who attacked his son had offered 30,000 baht to keep it all quiet. 

Phinya has been to the police but they allegedly said they would wait 15 days before doing anything. 

3 very typical responses... sick

I hope the boy recovers soon!

• Like 1

If there were no weapons used then I must be really old because all this police and money over 2 boys fighting. I had many fights at school and after fights we quite often became good friends. I even had a big yank kid smash a bottle over my head which resulted in hospital but never ever was there talk of money.  Fights on the rugby field and getting 6 of the cane for my efforts even though after the fight as I sat next to the field one of their players jumped on both my knees and really damaged them. Yep those were the days. I really do not understand this. Boys fight. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Cereal said:

that he always thought that school was a "second home" and that teachers were "your other parents".

This is very much part of the problem. The school is not your second home and teachers are not your other parents. 

In loco parentis is a legal doctrine holding that educators assume custody of students in school because they are deprived of protection from their parents or guardians. Educators stand in loco parentis or translated, in place of the parent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Scot123 said:

If there were no weapons used then I must be really old because all this police and money over 2 boys fighting. I had many fights at school and after fights we quite often became good friends. I even had a big yank kid smash a bottle over my head which resulted in hospital but never ever was there talk of money.  Fights on the rugby field and getting 6 of the cane for my efforts even though after the fight as I sat next to the field one of their players jumped on both my knees and really damaged them. Yep those were the days. I really do not understand this. Boys fight. 

Beating another child until their arm is broken should mean expulsion and jail for more than a year  IMHO.

• Like 1