BANGKOK
webfact

Sugar cane farmer: Burning is necessary - Go ahead "jail us all!"

How many God damn harvesters could you buy for the price of one piece of <deleted> antique Chinese submarine?  <deleted> this government.

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2020 at 6:50 PM, Sumarianson said:

The Thai government must be akle to buy some cheap havesters from Austrailia now with the drout that is there now.

Australia is a very, very big country. Not much drought in cane country. Over 9 million tonnes irrigated where I come from.

Edited by emptypockets

On 1/24/2020 at 7:48 PM, Logosone said:

I never buy sugar cane sugar. Only palm sugar and the proper European stuff. Who in the world buys sugar cane sugar?

Australia may harvest and use machinery but didn't stop it from polluting the world with its massive wood fires. The smog from the Australians is felt all over the world, including South America. Australians should sort out their own backyard before lecturing anyone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/01/07/pollutants-bush-fires-australia-will-circle-globe/

What a silly post. Proper European stuff. No clue at all about sugar farming, growth , processing and marketing.

Please refrain from insulting personal attacks or I will have to shame you with my devastating knowledge of sugar.

For instance, in Europe sugar is made from sugar beets, not sugar cane. 

I am surprised you did not know that. About 20-25% of the world's sugar is from sugar beets, not sugar cane, and 85% of all sugar consumed in France, Germany or Poland is made from sugar beets. In a very safe way, that involves no burning of plants whatsoever.

I also find it qualitatively superior to sugar cane sugar, less clumpy and likely to stick together.

• Haha 1