If all expats left: Little impact on Thai economy

You are right. We expats are a burden for this country. Compared to tourists we don't spend a lot, block valuable rooms that could be occupied by such tourists and are a special burden for the immigration. I hope nobody of the government reads your post and thinks too much about it ????

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

Conclusion: overall impact of all expats pulling all their assets out of Thailand on the same day, negligible to none!

Great work Roy! Don't just deflect or deny ... Attack! 

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

What is going to happen can be seen below:

• Some professions, as for example the bar scene and all the working girls is going to lose a big part of their regular income.
  • A lot of restaurants that have been catering to western cuisine and international food, will have to close.

For that to be the case you have to assume, very optimistically, that the local expats/retirees keep those businesses going!   What about the millions of tourists that are the real supporters of those businesses that you have excluded?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Pravda said:

I used to think like the OP.

I thought our money is not important and it probably isn't.

However, I learned when I bought my overpriced condo in Toronto that there is such thing as sentiment. At that time a bunch of real estate bears were telling me you are an tool buying at the top. You'll lose all your money. Salaries don't support such high evaluations.

Meanwhile my condo has doubled in price while salaries remained almost the same. All because of the sentiment and immigrants thinking it's a next Sillicon Valley.

I think that if enough white skin leaves other foreign (Asian) tourist won't perceive Thailand as a desirable destination and that is where OP's math does not have any meaning whatsoever.

You wrote at the same time i did, but that's exactly what i mean.

Thailand would simply turn into myanmar craphole. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Nail on the head.

Think 98% people no different.

2% will be ok.

nobody starving in thailand, to many job. 

But... but.... how many people will lose face?

Remember 1997?

Probably not as you are not even Thai ????

• Haha 1