Video: Wait for it! Thais try to push pick-up off the rails at level crossing as train approaches.....

webfact

On 1/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, Parker2100 said:

It would have been so easy for one of those semi trucks to nudge it off the rails.

Im sure one of then at least had a cable that could be connected to both of pulled him off and over the tracks. But now the farmers will use this as proof why they have to burn and cause serious health problems. 

On 1/23/2020 at 6:36 PM, HaleySabai said:

At the end of the video the tow truck and looks to be an ambulance show up.....funny as hell, glad know on was hurt.....although no mention of the engineer and locomotive crew.

But yes, like everyone else, I just assumed that the size and weight of the Locomotive, that the Train driver and crew, would be physically unhurt, and only Shock and stress SHOULD be looked for and NOT FORGOTTEN! .... but just thinking about it, if that pickup was full to the top of it's Over sized Railings, with Palm Sugar, it could have been High enough to smash the Locos windows ! ... Which yes WOULD have put the train crew in real physical danger, ... and also the risk that they were thrown in to them, or even through them ! ... As the Pickup was pretty obviously pretty heavy ? To over loaded ? ...

The Thai Truck rules I think ? 1.5 Tones per wheel .... = 9 tons on Hock lore, a smaller 6 wheel truck. (Like my step son and also Nephew in law drive every day - Jumbos they locally call them. Logistic delivery trucks, the ones with the sides come off for Loading and unloading.) ... But I know that they can take on up to 11, if they have double breaking systems. (Like the local Brick hauling trucks do) ... So I have been told. ...

Any way the old pickup with 4 wheels and probably very poor breaks, ... legally = 6 tons. ? ??? Or less I guess ? As 6 sounds a LOT for a pickup. … So even in a big Loco ! If you hit a truck with high railings on it, and 6 tons in it !!! .... At 60 to 80 Km ph. ! ... Varrrr that is going to be a pretty big Bang, ... and a lot of damage to the front of your Loco, … possibly even to your windows,.... and possibly even to YOU ! ? ....

Thanks for your kind reminder, and wider view HaleySabai

1 hour ago, Mark mark said:

But yes, like everyone else, I just assumed that the size and weight of the Locomotive, that the Train driver and crew, would be physically unhurt, and only Shock and stress SHOULD be looked for and NOT FORGOTTEN! .... but just thinking about it, if that pickup was full to the top of it's Over sized Railings, with Palm Sugar, it could have been High enough to smash the Locos windows ! ... Which yes WOULD have put the train crew in real physical danger, ... and also the risk that they were thrown in to them, or even through them ! ... As the Pickup was pretty obviously pretty heavy ? To over loaded ? ...

The Thai Truck rules I think ? 1.5 Tones per wheel .... = 9 tons on Hock lore, a smaller 6 wheel truck. (Like my step son and also Nephew in law drive every day - Jumbos they locally call them. Logistic delivery trucks, the ones with the sides come off for Loading and unloading.) ... But I know that they can take on up to 11, if they have double breaking systems. (Like the local Brick hauling trucks do) ... So I have been told. ...

Any way the old pickup with 4 wheels and probably very poor breaks, ... legally = 6 tons. ? ??? Or less I guess ? As 6 sounds a LOT for a pickup. … So even in a big Loco ! If you hit a truck with high railings on it, and 6 tons in it !!! .... At 60 to 80 Km ph. ! ... Varrrr that is going to be a pretty big Bang, ... and a lot of damage to the front of your Loco, … possibly even to your windows,.... and possibly even to YOU ! ? ....

Thanks for your kind reminder, and wider view HaleySabai

About the weight that the train would have hit. - And the life of those people tat have to work on these Trains and Trucks for a livelihood.

... Direct from the Truck driver’s mouth, as he just passed my window, ... (He having changed company and now having his own truck) ... There are 10 tons usual on his 6 wheel Logistics truck, plus the truck at 1 tone - 11 tons. ...  1 to 1.5 Tons per wheel legally, but over loads accepted if you have double breaking systems, … and I think that they DO check.

Then a fair bit of technical Thai from him, that I did not really understand, .... Like pickups are rated differently I think, .... And the Old Pickup probably would not have had too much on it .... Like they count the back wheels only I think that he said, so half a ton for the Pickup itself ? 2 wheels, .... So like probably 1.5 tones or a bit more if over loaded. Maybe 2.5 ? .... If very over loaded ? ... So that was probably what the Locomotive hit. ... At 60 to 80 k by the looks of it.

Not too bad. ... Still potential injury for the Train driving crew, ... d/t flying broken glass ? .... And also the Shock and Job stress aspect.

...  the labor on the Logistics trucks, are only allowed to pick up 1 box, that weigh 1 Kg and carry 2 at a time, ? ... So my SS says. ... Safety shoes, but No back braces. ... But Jobs for the rest of my Extend Family. Nice. ...

Start at 8 near Lop-bury, and unload at 3 pm. over near Bua Tong, West of BKK, ? Or well in that direction, and past it ?  ... Takes half an hour each time. .... Most of them used to pick up, at ware houses near Samut Prakan, south East of BKK and Deliver to around Lop-bury and Ayutthaya. About 5 to 10 hrs. round trips - sometimes 2 a day if they are keen, and there is the work, ... plenty of time off for the labor, as the logistics at the pickup and drop off sites, are often backed up, and they have to wait I think. ...

And keep your fingers crossed and don't even mention it, that they do not get hit from behind by another truck, or go to sleep and run in to the back of another one in front of them, themselves ..... Or get their truck hit by a Train !!! .... as in this case.  (If they go to sleep and hit the one in front of them, .... the company charges them for the damage, and makes them pay it off !!! ... I think. … If they are still alive I guess ...)

It IS a Hard Life for many !!! And also for the train drivers. ... I have seen them standing up there, stock straight in their cabs, right at the front of the trains ! .... And intently staring ahead, at the section of track that they can see, as they round the bend !!! ..... And run over a level crossing, at speed, and at full power, .... As they start to build up to running speed, ..... And you can just FEEL the tension and stress, coming out of their cabs from them, … and over to you, really easily !!! ... Like a very stressful job, in overcrowded and poor infrastructure Thailand I think,  and +++ on that !!!

Like they are ALL totally and Fully aware that TIT, and an Old pickup could get stuck on any of the nanny crossing that they have to cross on every trip. .... When they can not stop as their train is so heavy, ....  and they they will probably not even see it in time any way, if they are rounding a bend. ... 

Edited by Mark mark