BANGKOK
Nyezhov

Another bum bites the dust

Did you spend any time in Phnom Penh and if so what decided you on Seam Reap over Phnom Penh?

Also, how much for a tourist visa on entry now? 15 USD lasdt time I went but thinking of going back next week.

If you have any time left in Seam Reap, ask a tuk tuk to take you to Top Town one evening.

• Like 1

Hard to argue with the OP's rationale...

Everyone has their personal tipping point/tolerance level. And the current regime seems devoted to pushing as many of us as possible past our individual points in all variety of ways.

However, whether SR and Cambodia in general are preferable alternatives to Thailand seems to be a topic of considerable debate. And likewise as to whether Cambodia can be a viable long-term residence option especially for Americans, given the government there and its current disposition.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

The main benefits are food, drink and sex. Whilst the latter is no tas readily available as many parts of Thailand

You're joking right?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're joking right?

Can't argue with the drink and sex but Thailand has it anywhere in SE Asia for food.

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

When your options run out in Thailand then yes maybe Cambodia next

Not many costal resorts in Cambodia. Vietnam probably has the edge now.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're joking right?

No

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

hey So this will give you guys an opportunity to debate endlessly whatever you want as to which one is better, but for my Snowbird lifestyle, I'm heading back to Bangkok shortly from Cambodia and I'm going to pack up my condo and come back over to siem reap.

where I am working on right now renting a cool condo, getting the lay of the land, etc. My decision is primarily based on the fact that if Thailand wants me to give them 25,000 US dollars and stand in line every 90 days for the privilege of staying there, that's fine, but give me some clean air in return. Oops, can't do that? well sucks to be you then you cuz I'll then take that 25 grand and spend it over here. No big deal, I love you Thailand, let me know when you can keep the air clean. Who wait,  even better I can fly there once a weekend for 65 bucks each way and make a total fool of myself anytime I want because I'm an old American with a Cambodian retirement visa and you can't stop me. Hahaha. 

for what it's worth, based on what I'm seeing, and I'm digging right into the nitty-gritty of the area, there's a lot of people leaving Thailand and come here. And I think a lot of those people are relatively like normal retirees or working folks as opposed to island hopping dope-smoking freakazoids.

So all the creepy pedo's have either been caught or have moved on? Good to know.

We'll miss (most of) your contributions here at TV.

Good luck.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1