Pattaya: Foreigner in pick-up collides with Thai lady on a motorcycle

webfact

Pattaya: Foreigner in pick-up collides with Thai lady on a motorcycle

468089.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

A 50 year old Thai lady told Naew Na that she was knocked off her motorcycle after a pick-up suddenly cut in front of her as she was returning from a market visit. 

Euay suffered serious injuries to her right knee, right arm and fingers. She was taken to the navy hospital.

The Ford Ranger with Bangkok plates at the scene was driven by Che Goch Eng. His nationality was not given. 

The accident occurred in Soi Nong Jap Tao, in the Jomtien area, around 7.40 pm.

Na Jomtien police plan to interview both parties to determine what happened. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-23

40 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

its always our fault, like cops stopping farangs in Jomtien last week and letting Thais go by, (ok i did hear later they did stop a few thai) this is from, a female thai who they let go by, she say, thai have no money, ha ha (no bloody licence or tax more like)  

So you are claiming discrimination?

False and incorrect to think only falang are getting stopped and ticketed.

Ever been at the police station in the afternoon?

I have a few times.

95% Thais paying tickets and very very few Falang.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

"always the Farangs fault”........"if the Farang wasn’t here it wouldn’t have happened”...  etc etc.. always the same mindless bumf from some folk.

I am yet to encounter the “farang is always at fault” issue, yet read about it so much on ThaiVisa.com, usually by guys who hang around Pattaya for some reason.

I therefore suspect the Police in Pattaya act completely differently from the Police elsewhere. 

You have obviously have not had the misfortune to be upstairs at the Soi nine please station in pattaya. I have been there twice and both times had to hand over 20,000 Baht for a no fault accident and a vehicle theft. If you like I can post photos that I had taken handing the money to the police.

And you quoting the statement ” if we weren’t in Thailand it wouldn’t of happened “ is exactly what transpires here. Reality check????????‍♂️

Have a wonderful night????????????

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jack7106 said:

If you like I can post photos that I had taken handing the money to the police.

That would be great but do blur out any faces first or you might well be back in "the nick" for more payouts.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jack7106 said:
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

"always the Farangs fault”........"if the Farang wasn’t here it wouldn’t have happened”...  etc etc.. always the same mindless bumf from some folk.

I am yet to encounter the “farang is always at fault” issue, yet read about it so much on ThaiVisa.com, usually by guys who hang around Pattaya for some reason.

I therefore suspect the Police in Pattaya act completely differently from the Police elsewhere. 

You have obviously have not had the misfortune to be upstairs at the Soi nine please station in pattaya. I have been there twice and both times had to hand over 20,000 Baht for a no fault accident and a vehicle theft. If you like I can post photos that I had taken handing the money to the police.

And you quoting the statement ” if we weren’t in Thailand it wouldn’t of happened “ is exactly what transpires here. Reality check????????‍♂️

Have a wonderful night????????????

Interesting... but why would you hand over 20,000 baht if not at fault in an accident? its something your insurance deals with. Or was it some sort of bail money (had you been drinking and the 20k was not to be locked up???)... 

... and a vehicle theft? you were charged with theft of a vehicle and had to pay 20,000 baht?

There could be a good story for us in there somewhere... ????

What would have happened if you just said no ????? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The day a lady undertook me while i was indicating a left turn, lost her balance and fell a few mt in front of me, saw a falang and drove off, was the day i brought a dash cam with front and rear camera. 

Just pointing out people driving straight ahead have right of way.

You have to wait if you want to turn left or right.

Doesn't matter which side they are on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Strange, step outside and watch them flagging down people on motorbikes on Beach Road for various checks and one would get a different impression. When I was last in the police Station I thought the number of foreigners paying fines was disproportionate too.  The policeman who flagged me down let a Thai in front of me go as he wailed and cried how he had no money... didn't ask me though!

Were you allowed to carry on, or were you breaking the law? 

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'll keep this story as short as possible but this happened to me

was coming back from Mueang Phetchaburi on my big bike with the girlfriend, traffic was moving slow.. about 3-4km from Cha-am there was lady driving quite slower than the average.. so i slowed down behind her.. watched to see what was going on .. nothing

at this point we are both straight in the middle of the leftmost lane out of 3 (slow lane) and there is nothing on the left side. so after 3-4 seconds I go to pass her on the left (shoulder?) and she suddenly turns left (without signal lights, without braking AND from the middle of the lane) and hits my front wheel, I go flying with my gf (we both have helmets)

lady had no license, no helmet, no insurance, didn't use signal light and/or brake AT ALL (or they were defective).

should not have been there to begin with - especially not on a highway like Phetkasem road.

they made me sign some paperwork in Thai that I assume was to say that it was my fault and that I agreed to pay (under some pressure and separated from gf). took kept my big bike as hostage until I paid

long story short, they said it was my fault. "If you weren't there no accident" was told to my girlfriend who was being quiet but furious because they wouldn't listen to her telling them the same story.

I had to pay 5000 baht to her cause she "couldn't work", I had to pay 6000 baht to fix her bike (probably half the price her bike was worth lol) AND had to pay to fix mine (14,000 I believe)

I learned a lesson from this but you know exactly what the woman that hit me learned about this.. absolutely nothing, she thinks she was in the right and got paid for it.

good for her.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roo860 said:

Were you allowed to carry on, or were you breaking the law? 

No, I had a fine to pay. I had done exactly what 3 or 4 Thais had done in front of me. I made an illegal U-Turn, simply because the roundabout had been closed and I was forced down Nua, the opposite way to my destination.