Govt plans tax on polluting construction sites to tackle dust particles crisis

webfact

7 hours ago, spinner2020 said:

Yes, varying views on nuclear because when it goes wrong it goes very wrong. France depends on it, next door Germany is backing away. But if Bill Gates is anywhere near it, I'm against it. Try switching a nuclear power plant off and on again...

Anyway, hydrogen is a more easily sustainable power of the future, 'cept there's not enough profit margin in something that occurs naturally.

And how do you generate hydrogen.......using electricity.

Google Thorium nuclear reactor and the problems with uranium and plutonium go away. Inherently safe reactors.

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Seems the carte blanche for the sugar cane farmer continues !

I very much doubt sugar fires are causing the problem. Granted they are very visible. But they are also very intense fast burning fires. They create " black snow" for a short period. Doubt they are the main contributor to 2.5 microgram particles.

Whatever.....bash away.

Some clown who claims to be a farmer suggested, nay demanded, that cane farmers plough their ' stubble' back into the soil. No clue that bloke. The ' stubble' is the plant that continues to ratoon for up to five years after first planting.

Edited by emptypockets

6 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

It is ridiculous. All these construction projects they are sponsoring and normal construction, it is virtually impossible to cut out any real amounts of dust. But exhaust fumes, plastic waste and rubbish burning, factory and coal emissions and sugar cane burning can be!!

I've seen many trucks getting watered down before they leave construction sites in Bangkok.

53 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

I very much doubt sugar fires are causing the problem.

Here you go: https://towardsdatascience.com/identifying-the-sources-of-winter-air-pollution-in-bangkok-part-ii-72539f9b767a

But this analysis confirms the suspicion that many people have — agricultural burning is the root cause of PM 2.5 pollution in Thailand.

Which was always clear to anyone who took a look at the fire charts and wind direction.

10 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Set the import tax for electric cars to zero and you´ll get more of them. But because no electric cars are produced in Thailand and the import tax for them is around 200% nobody buy them.

I can foresee huge traffic jams from electric cars with an empty battery....and they also won't have airconditioning so who buys them?

Come and retire in Thailand, beautiful beaches and friendly people. Then choke to death, and die a lingering horrible death. No wonder 800K and health insurance are a qualification. 

17 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Its called Asset Protection. 

Australia has a requirement that a permit is obtained before any work. 

Environmental, access points, roads, pavements, air and noise pollution. 

All have to be conformed to and damage made good before sign off on the final works...

The difference being that Australia has a working police force and OHSA inspectors which are not to be found here in the Land Of Smog!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Its called Asset Protection. 

Australia has a requirement that a permit is obtained before any work. 

Environmental, access points, roads, pavements, air and noise pollution. 

All have to be conformed to and damage made good before sign off on the final works...

BUT THIS thailand !!!

12 hours ago, emptypockets said:

I've seen many trucks getting watered down before they leave construction sites in Bangkok.

Exactly, that is easy. But the general construction process you cannot. They use that as an excuse rather than deal with vehicular and burning which are the main issues

Edited by DPKANKAN
Spelling

11 hours ago, Youlike said:

I can foresee huge traffic jams from electric cars with an empty battery....and they also won't have airconditioning so who buys them?

For sure it's necessary to build an infrastructure to charge them. And all electric cars have an aircon. 

On 1/23/2020 at 12:47 PM, CNXexpat said:

Set the import tax for electric cars to zero and you´ll get more of them. But because no electric cars are produced in Thailand and the import tax for them is around 200% nobody buy them.

Plus you can't fit after market exhaust systems on electric cars or drill holes in your pick up exhaust to draw attention to yourself on the road.