Bangkok Street-Food Stalls Are Trying to Give Up Plastic Bags

webfact

On 1/24/2020 at 7:46 AM, rovinman said:

I can remember some 65-70 years ago in England, going to my local 'Fast food outlet', (the Chippy), with my parents, who brought their own bowls and plates, with them, to collect their ''Split and Fish'', (Split=Chips and Mushy peas, with Cod , Haddock, Plaice, or other fish of their choice).
They brought their own Cloth Towels, to wrap around their dishes, to keep the food warm, whilst we walked home !
Doesn't seem difficult now does it  ?

I can beat that.

My granny used to go to the back door of the pub almost next door to get two pints of black beer in an enameled jug, with a tea towel ( lesser spotted type ) to cover it so my granded could have beer with his dinner when he came home from work. ????????

PS

I never allowed mates in the car if they had vinegar on their fish and chips. Put on vinegar, eat outside the car. ????????

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

I can beat that.

My granny used to go to the back door of the pub almost next door to get two pints of black beer in an enameled jug, with a tea towel ( lesser spotted type ) to cover it so my granded could have beer with his dinner when he came home from work. ????????

PS

I never allowed mates in the car if they had vinegar on their fish and chips. Put on vinegar, eat outside the car. ????????

I remember taking your own container to a pub to get draught beer.  Wasn't that called the 'Bottle and Jug'?

Pubs used to have a separate door for such sales.

9 minutes ago, HHTel said:

I remember taking your own container to a pub to get draught beer.  Wasn't that called the 'Bottle and Jug'?

Pubs used to have a separate door for such sales.

Usually a hatch inside the doorway with a sign saying 

Off Licence Sales in many pubs. Scotland anyway.

20 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Off Licence Sales

Boring..... lol.

I lived in Scotland for some time back in the '60s when ordering a pint of bitter was returned with a blank look.  A pint of 'heavy' was the order of the day. And a 'wee heavy' was something else!

8 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Boring..... lol.

I lived in Scotland for some time back in the '60s when ordering a pint of bitter was returned with a blank look.  A pint of 'heavy' was the order of the day. And a 'wee heavy' was something else!

I left Scotland late 80's and on a return visit early 70's I arrived in Glasgow about 2.30pm. It was a really hot day and I fancied a cold beer.

( everywhere I'd been was virtually 24 hr beer )

All the pubs were closed and I asked someone  is it a special holiday or some event that has closed all the bars/pubs today?

The guy looked at me as though I had horns, and then I remembered. ????????

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

I left Scotland late 80's and on a return visit early 70's I arrived in Glasgow about 2.30pm. It was a really hot day and I fancied a cold beer.

( everywhere I'd been was virtually 24 hr beer )

All the pubs were closed and I asked someone  is it a special holiday or something that has closed all the bars/pubs?

The guy looked at me as though I had horns, and then I remembered. ????????

The only country I know that used to have 'half day closing' for pubs.  Closed at 1pm.

On 1/24/2020 at 9:13 AM, hotchilli said:

Two things Thailand is famous for are its delicious street food and its wonderful beaches

I get diarhea half the time I tried eating the <deleted>. I love watching them pick their noses , then scratch their butts before sweating into the goop. I guess this combination adds to the amazing flavor the amazing Thai soi food has.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

I get diarhea half the time I tried eating the <deleted>. I love watching them pick their noses , then scratch their butts before sweating into the goop. I guess this combination adds to the amazing flavor the amazing Thai soi food has.

5 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Thailands home grown version of "Umami"

all of the above as you mentioned plus the free "black exhaust fume topping from the 40 year old bus" passing by!!