TAT promoting tourism to ESAN region

snoop1130

TAT promoting tourism to ESAN region

e1e32916939bb043e8e0708804bd304f.jpg

UDON THANI (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched a campaign to stimulate tourism in the Northeastern provinces by adopting travel themes, promoting the region’s gastronomy as well as utilizing technology to facilitate the enjoyment of travelers visiting the region.

TAT Executive Director for the Northeastern Region Somchai Chompunoi said at a press conference in Udon Thani province today, that the TAT and its network partners have sought to work together to provide a more vibrant experience for those visiting the region.

TAT has this year set up monthly themes for travel in ISAN, promoting what’s unique in the region and what each month has to offer, making the region a great place to visit all year round.

The TAT has also worked to utilize QR Code technology to provide a more convenient way of travel.

Once they are in the region, visitors will be able to scan the QR Code allocated to various locations that link to the region’s TAT Facebook page which will provide information, such as hotels, restaurants, car rentals, post offices, and other necessities, as a One Stop Service center for information. Those who can’t find the information they want on the website, are welcome to chat with officers who will be able to provide answers to any questions on Isan.

The service is currently available in all 20 provinces in the ISAN region, while plans to expand to other regions are underway.

Somchai expressed the hope that the campaign will greatly facilitate the travels of visitors to the region. According to TAT’s latest statistics, ISAN welcomed 30 million tourists in 2018, generating 90 billion baht in revenue; the agency is now looking to increase visitor numbers this year to 40 million, with an estimated income of 100 billion baht.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-01-23
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

to provide a more vibrant experience for those visiting the region.

Free vibrators for all visitors to Isaan ... ?

Ps. I love TAT ... they make me laugh nearly every day .

Edited by nobodysfriend

I am outside Udon, the city AQI now is ~160, (KK showing 156) when the wind is coming from the south, as it is at this time AQ is always bad, even outside of the burning season the Isaan cities are bad with traffic pollution most of the year, dirty dusty cities are hardly a travellers dream location!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I live in Khon Kaen Province and, yes, at the moment the air quality is poor due mainly to the extensive burning of sugar cane (mostly during the night when farmers cannot be identified igniting their crops!). However, there are many tourist attractions that are worth a visit including Khon Kaen Zoo with its associated water theme park, Cobra (snake) village, lakeside temples (including a small Vietnamese one), National Parks at Phu Khiao (wild life sanctuary), Phu Pha Man (Bat cave), Nam Nao (wild life) and Phu Wiang (Dinosaur museum and remains). There is a spectacular new temple with a huge lakeside reclining Buddha just outside Phu Wiang (photo below). Scenic drives around Ubolrat Lake with its visitor center at the Dam complex - and many more. In one post, Khon Kaen was compared in environmental standards to Calcutta - this is just not true, with many new developments, parks, roads and the new double track railway carried above the streets on a viaduct (including the new station). Even the new extension to our airport is nearing completion to accommodate international flights avoiding Bangkok and more domestic departures.

IMG_2286.JPG

• Like 1

Do we include Loei in the region?

If so, there are a few lovely places to visit but on their own, hardly enough to attract people to the area.

I go to visit friends and 2-3 days there and the sites have been seen.

Personally, I think it should be left "unspoilt", for once a tourist authority gets its hooks in "there goes the neighbourhood" ????

On 1/24/2020 at 8:22 PM, rickudon said:

40 million tourists this year?

Right, coming from Bangkok and Pattaya ..

I let you guess who and why

Could the TAT forget Isaan and continue to deal with Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Koh Tao, Phuket and Samui;

We are great here, no Chinese, no Russians, although I always got on well with the Russians, at least they don't spit on the ground every 5 seconds ...