BANGKOK
gamesgplayemail

DOGS TICKS best treatment ? pills or inject ? what brand ? Vet or Lazada ?

hello,

what brand do you choose to fight dogs ticks ? and do you give pills or inject ?

do you know why your way is better ?

thank you.

1 minute ago, livram said:

We had a terrible problem with our 3 dogs and house being infested with ticks. We tried different pills and shots from the vet and nothing seemed to work or even slow them down. 

Two years age we tried Bravecto and it worked quickly and 100%. No more ticks on the dogs or in the house. It is expensive but one dose lasts 3 months. We buy a dose for a very large dog and then cut and weigh into 3 does. It works. 

hello, so you mean pills ? Bravecto is only pills ? did you find cheaper online than at vet ?

thanks again.

We have bought at the pet store at The Mall in Korat but mostly from a reliable sources on Lazada. I would beware of fakes.

The  dose is like caramel and about the size of a one baht coin. I put the dogs in separate areas when I dose them because they really like it and try to steal from one another.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JWRC said:

In 16 years of owning dogs in Thailand, Bravecto is the only thing that works, I have had my current 3 dogs on it for 2 years now and not a tick anywhere, absolutely marvellous, I did try another type of pill at one stage called Endex from memory it came in different strengths, not sold in vets, it was under the counter, it was an improvement on what I had been using up to then, however use of this medicine is not recommended as it causes liver failure. The Bravecto costs me approx 3,000 Baht per 3 months for 3 dogs and well worth every baht.

This is exactly what I wanted to write - 3 dogs - check Endex - check Well worth it - check.

• Like 1

Thank you, I have now read more about Nexguard and Bravecto.

https://pet.reviews/bravecto-vs-nexgard/

Bravecto seems to be the winner and the only one that last 3 months.

So you recommend to buy the biggest size and cut it half to keep it in the fridge for the next 3 months ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?from=input&q=bravecto&sort=priceasc&ppath=90113:313710,40505:230615&location=local

The cheapest for the biggest dogs seem to be:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/bravecto-40-56-8713184181183-i448752128-s828122624.html

Only 570 thb and its an official shop with a domain name and a facebook page, what can go wrong ?

I also found Frontline but nobody uses it here ?

Nail Polish Remover will work. Must be the type that contains alcohol. I think it is called Acetone. I used it. It works. It was actually recommended by a vet. 

• Like 1

There's also Frontline, neither a pill or injection. 

Frontline just don't work.

It is useless.

Nexgard Spectra and Bravecto are the only things that work.

Nexgard Spectra is better as it deals with heart worm and other things as well as Tics.

The price works out not much different.

Edited by fishtank

A 10kg and a 20kg dog the former long haired the latter short haired.

Tried various powders and "FrontGuard" Plus against ticks and fleas, doesn't work.

I am also concerned that the larger dog showed signs of malaise and developed an eye infection not long after treatment, this has now cleared following eye drops and the dog eating considerable amounts of his own selection of sand and soil.

The two dogs ( they belong to a friends family ) which I walk daily across cow and buffalo grazing areas, to where there is grass and a large rain filled pond ( no drainage of any kind in to the pond and it has a healthy amount of wildlife ), the dogs sit in the pond with water up to their belly for some time and after coming out I spend time manually removing the ticks and fleas which have migrated to their necks or backs.    As the dogs have free access to outside the house during much of the day there is plenty of opportunity for them to become re-infested, so nothing I can do.

How safe are tablets compared with drops ?

They are not tablets.

They are chewy snacks,

Perfectly safe and they work.

Up to you if you want to protect your dogs or not.

• Like 1