DOGS TICKS best treatment ? pills or inject ? what brand ? Vet or Lazada ?

Just use dog shampoo on our half-feral mutts not seen a tick or flea for about 5 years, we live in country environment.

It's cheap and sometimes the dogs stink because they enjoy an outside life! They have a bath every few weeks.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:22 PM, fishtank said:

Nexgard Spectra works 100%

Not seen a tic on our dogs for 2 years.

Before we were over run.

Also prevents heart worm and other things.

A chewy snack. Give once a month.

Get the correct one for the size of your dog.

https://www.lazada.co.th/-i243930300-s374377124.html?spm=a2o4m.my_wishlist.price_observing.43.62f36108AwV7jF&urlFlag=true&mp=3

I used this on my dog paid 400 baht from the vet, i was desperate, i could not believe how quick it worked within hours she was tick free, now one month not seen any more yet, she is now a different dog so much happier and more energy . Trying to keep the neighbors tick ridden dogs out of the property is now the problem.

1 hour ago, Chassa said:

Just use dog shampoo on our half-feral mutts not seen a tick or flea for about 5 years, we live in country environment.

It's cheap and sometimes the dogs stink because they enjoy an outside life! They have a bath every few weeks.

My dog hates water, lift up the hose for garden she's gone.

We have four mid-size dogs that live outside and never come inside the house.  Our house is located in a rural area.  Years ago when they had a tick and flea problem, we used Exdex 4000 pills monthly.  Then our vet told us about Cleartix, which is a liquid applied to the skin at the back of the neck.  It has worked great with no ticks or fleas seen on our dogs for several years now.  Dogs are all healthy and have never showed any signs of problems caused by the medicine.  We buy Cleartix from Lazada at less than 800 baht for 12 applications for dogs weighing 10-20 kgs.  The vet charged 300 baht for two applications of the same product.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

My apologies for not having read all posts. Why did nobody come up with a collar that works well?

It's a bit pricey, buit works for ticks and fleas. It's from Bayer, a real good company. 

Please see:

https://www.amazon.com/Seresto-flea-collar-8-month-prevention/dp/B00B8CG602

Amazon delivery is more than product normally unless you live in the US of A

37 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

My apologies for not having read all posts. Why did nobody come up with a collar that works well?

It's a bit pricey, buit works for ticks and fleas. It's from Bayer, a real good company. 

Please see:

https://www.amazon.com/Seresto-flea-collar-8-month-prevention/dp/B00B8CG602

A BIT pricey at $ 60 YER THINK does that include postage. take the time to read other posts before you comment please, there is after all only three pages so far.

48 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

come up with a collar that works well?

We’ve used twice works good but the problem the dogs tussle and play and pull them off of each other. I’d look in the add yard and find them. We had 4 dogs then and now 9 or 10

here we have a "lotion" you have to put in the dogs neck ones a month. Works perfectly.

"Spot on dog" and also have for cats "spot on cat". For dogs have different sizes depending of the weight of the dog.

Guess you can find something sae in Thailand.

On 1/24/2020 at 4:31 AM, gamesgplayemail said:

Thank you, I have now read more about Nexguard and Bravecto.

https://pet.reviews/bravecto-vs-nexgard/

Bravecto seems to be the winner and the only one that last 3 months.

So you recommend to buy the biggest size and cut it half to keep it in the fridge for the next 3 months ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?from=input&q=bravecto&sort=priceasc&ppath=90113:313710,40505:230615&location=local

The cheapest for the biggest dogs seem to be:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/bravecto-40-56-8713184181183-i448752128-s828122624.html

Only 570 thb and its an official shop with a domain name and a facebook page, what can go wrong ?

I also found Frontline but nobody uses it here ?

I I have used Frontline from my local vet in Isan but they now stock Nexguard.

I find monthly injections the best and cheapest option as only 70 baht a jab.

16 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

Both of our dogs are dosed with En-Dex oral tablets every month. It eliminates and prevents ticks, fleas, heartworms, intestinal parasites and also treats mange. The oldest dog has been receiving it for 5 years, the youngest about 3 months. Both dogs are healthy and flea-tick free. 

Also use En-Dex 4000 size as small dogs for years, find that 1 tablet every 2 or 3 months = Tick free.... [says 1 x per month but find there is no need so often] house doors are always open so run around outside as well as being house dogs..

the 3 oldest died early last year but at a good age 17, 15 and 13. just have 5 now the oldest is 14 the youngest 6

Buy in the next Village from a shop that sells Farm stuff, the cost is 40 baht for 10 tablets.. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 2:38 PM, tweedledee2 said:

Both of our dogs are dosed with En-Dex oral tablets every month. It eliminates and prevents ticks, fleas, heartworms, intestinal parasites and also treats mange. The oldest dog has been receiving it for 5 years, the youngest about 3 months. Both dogs are healthy and flea-tick free. 

It's cheap, any other feedbacks from people using it ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/en-dex-4000-i559702286-s1026956425.html

En-Dex 4000 (กล่องส้ม)

฿120.00

Why paying for bravecto the killer if this one also works ?

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 7:30 PM, rickb said:

We have four mid-size dogs that live outside and never come inside the house.  Our house is located in a rural area.  Years ago when they had a tick and flea problem, we used Exdex 4000 pills monthly.  Then our vet told us about Cleartix, which is a liquid applied to the skin at the back of the neck.  It has worked great with no ticks or fleas seen on our dogs for several years now.  Dogs are all healthy and have never showed any signs of problems caused by the medicine.  We buy Cleartix from Lazada at less than 800 baht for 12 applications for dogs weighing 10-20 kgs.  The vet charged 300 baht for two applications of the same product.  

Why did you quit endex ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gamesgplayemail said:

En-Dex 4000 (กล่องส้ม)

฿120.00

Wonder why so expensive  + you must [pay extra 33 baht postage]

where I get mine there 40 baht for the box of 10 + it says Original + the front is all in English. 

2501202028012020.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ignis said:

Wonder why so expensive  + you must [pay extra 33 baht postage]

where I get mine there 40 baht for the box of 10 + it says Original + the front is all in English. 

image.png.ef18b5c52f29413db8ca758f1ef36b91.png

THANK YOU SO MUCH !

Can you tell me what kind of shop sells it ?

thanks.

18 hours ago, ignis said:

2501202028012020.jpg 

20 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

En-Dex 4000 (กล่องส้ม)

฿120.00

careful with En-Dex, it is know to be highly counterfeit (not joking with that one) I remember people stories that they bought it from vets and it was fake.

the vets were buying it at the lowest prices on Shopee or Lazada and just reselling. so its hard to know 100% if you have it or not (other than seeing that it worked I guess)

Ivermectin (the main ingredient in En-Dex) can be injected and bottles of it can be bought from vets/farm shops, I believe the one I was using was this one

image.png.b22b516f89276c25a71e753000642e3b.png

it is relatively cheap for the amount that you would inject - i think 1ml per 50kg? (or get the clinic to inject for you) and will last you years.. unless you have like 5+ dogs

just do the research on how much to inject properly first (next link or google search would help) and I was told to avoid the one with clorsulon inside  even tho the below link doesn't mention dangers

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12557931

be aware that if you dose them too highly they are at a high chance of becoming blind temporarily (possibly permanently)

the old lady where i live always gave too much to her very little dog and it was blinded by it almost every time

there are other threads about it. some kind of dogs will get very sick/die from it, i believe there is a list in this thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH !

Can you tell me what kind of shop sells it ?

thanks.

For me a local Farm Shop........ they also repair all types of water pumps [had my 16 yr old house water pump serviced twice there] Tractors etc

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 7:59 AM, ignis said:

For me a local Farm Shop........ they also repair all types of water pumps [had my 16 yr old house water pump serviced twice there] Tractors etc

Hi there, I am also looking to buy a lot for stray dogs around my place, would you be kind to buy it for me and ship it please ?

I can pay you by bank transfer ? thank you so much.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 10:37 PM, fishtank said:

Only Nexgard Spectra and Bravecto work.

Forget the other <deleted> and take care of your dog.

Ridiculous. I just bought Endex and it works as well as Bravecto.

If you enjoy taking the risk to kill your dog for 700 thb, just do it ❤️

Edited by rech