Will this be the last generation ?

georgegeorgia

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I don’t see why they won’t keep coming. 

It still holds far more appeal than retiring in the UK, granted you may need to come more prepared than previous years. 

Im already in preparation, can’t wait!

Age? And when do u plan to retire?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

The way it's shaping up, & selling out - in a few decades Thailand could become a giant Chinese retirement community as the floodgates open with Chinese that never had the option before......

They don't welcome or want western influences, cultural or economic in their domain/territories....

Or they may invent another 4 lines and draw up a 13 line map, taking in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.

• Like 2

Well, as long as it still is the best non 3rd world place for:

Sex

Plenty of bars and restaurants

Golf at reasonable prices

Then yes, they will still come.

The Chinese are a non entity for some of us who know how to avoid their popular spots.

I will see them at the mall and that is about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brexit may make retiring to Southern Europe less attractive for UK citizens.  Florida and Dubai are expensive, Africa is generally unsafe, so if you want winter warmth the choices are limited.

And the elderly population is growing. 

Edited by Kinnock
  • Like 1

Luv to get some opinions from guys contemplating retirement, is there any guys here who are between say 45 and 60 still living in Farangland who have either changed their mind or still thinking of retiring to Thailand in the future?

I remember reading another forum, a “Adult” Pattaya based one around 12-15years ago where all the posters were desperate to retire to Thailand eg Pattaya, would love to know how many of those have since changed their mind ,Some were going to all lengths to get early retirement ,selling their houses to fund it , buying a bar etc etc just to live in the “paradise” as they called it.

of course lets fast forward  15 years and many of those guys probably would have changed their minds.

I havent read that particular Pattaya Adult based forum for years, couldn’t imagine they would have the following like they used to

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1

What I think is the “wild card” is not so much what will it will not happen in Thailand - be that rules/visas, currency swings etc, is what will the regional competition look like?

i mean I think it IS possible to some degree; that places like Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and even Vietnam will change/improve their processes, infrastructure (ie health care, domestic transportation) and governmental rule/law that would make it a higher value proposition than say what Thailand is today or might/may be in 10 or even 20 years time.

• Like 1