Chinese tourist, quarantined with new coronavirus, goes home

webfact

Chinese tourist, quarantined with new coronavirus, goes home

By The Nation

800_2471f50a8a86693.jpg?v=1579753050

A 74-year-old female Chinese tourist who carried the new coronavirus has fully recovered and returned home on Wednesday night (January 22), Dr Sopon Iamsirithaworn, director of the communicable diseases division at the Ministry of Public Health, said on Thursday.

She arrived in Thailand on January 13 with fever and symptoms that matched those of the coronavirus 2019. She was taken to Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute. Test results from two labs found she carried the virus. 

A Chinese authority announced on Thursday morning it would close Wuhan city where the epidemic began to quarantine infected patients from leaving the area by road, train and air.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380944

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-24
  • Like 1

did any of the other passengers on this plane know about this

I certainly would not want the be breathing recycled air from this person

maybe I'm wrong but if you want to spread a virus between lots of people there is no better way to do it than on an airplane 

I am not wrong - just leaving it open for a counter argument since I am not an expert

I hate plane travel for this very reason - I am also aware of living in a place that has a huge turnover of visitors and tourist from all over the world and how risky that is, one person on a flight spreads it to 300 then the 300 go mingle all across Thailand

we are exposed to this living in a country were millions of people visit from all around the world - everything you touch and interact with has been touch by someone - think about were you put your hand every day - MB taxi - Baht bus - BTS (huge one) door handles etc etc - yes dramatic I am being but nasty things arrive in Thailand and are  spread very easily 

• Like 1

Once again, I question the authorities about the reasoning and intention behind this... This virus is mutating from all world reports and if lies dormant in its mutation does it stay active?  For how long? Are they not going to study her? Is this really enough time to study it mutation and safeness to release a previous infectious person back into the wild? To get the person out of the country lowers the infectious rate and makes Thailand look a little more safer to come and travel. Hmmm?  Has her visa expired? Does she want to stay and enjoy herself in the land of smiles just a while longer? Is she being forced out and being followed like a leper to make sure she leaves? After the last few years here, wondering always has me wondering, about intent with the use of smoke and mirrors perception... A really short and point of fact article too! Is this just me? Okay that's the end of my questions, I keep my wonderment occupied now! Over and Out!

Edited by webledink33

having worked as flight crew I was often sick. We would go into toilets and hit the top of the door to open on use the side off our hands to flush, and use paper towel to to use sink,  a few of us anyways. That air is Shi.... inside of an airplane cabin. recycled over and over. Dear God why would they put her directly on a plane?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

did any of the other passengers on this plane know about this

I certainly would not want the be breathing recycled air from this person

maybe I'm wrong but if you want to spread a virus between lots of people there is no better way to do it than on an airplane 

I am not wrong - just leaving it open for a counter argument since I am not an expert

I hate plane travel for this very reason - I am also aware of living in a place that has a huge turnover of visitors and tourist from all over the world and how risky that is, one person on a flight spreads it to 300 then the 300 go mingle all across Thailand

we are exposed to this living in a country were millions of people visit from all around the world - everything you touch and interact with has been touch by someone - think about were you put your hand every day - MB taxi - Baht bus - BTS (huge one) door handles etc etc - yes dramatic I am being but nasty things arrive in Thailand and are  spread very easily 

Now is a good time to be wearing a mask when outdoors or on public transportation including aircraft. Spend a little more and use a N95 mask with replaceable filters!

Is there any wonder that such things emanate from this country when they will eat just about anything. It was once said that if you told the Chinese that ISIS testicles were a delicacy they would be wiped out very quickly.

And this....One stall that was on the east side of the market caught people's attention online. According to a menu posted by the stallholder on Dazhong Dianping – the most popular review and rating app in China, around 100 varieties of live animals and poultry were available, from foxes to wolf cubs and masked palm civets.......with this woman eating a bat!

image.png

Edited by xylophone

6 hours ago, webledink33 said:

Once again, I question the authorities about the reasoning and intention behind this... This virus is mutating from all world reports and if lies dormant in its mutation does it stay active?  For how long? Are they not going to study her? Is this really enough time to study it mutation and safeness to release a previous infectious person back into the wild? To get the person out of the country lowers the infectious rate and makes Thailand look a little more safer to come and travel. Hmmm?  Has her visa expired? Does she want to stay and enjoy herself in the land of smiles just a while longer? Is she being forced out and being followed like a leper to make sure she leaves? After the last few years here, wondering always has me wondering, about intent with the use of smoke and mirrors perception... A really short and point of fact article too! Is this just me? Okay that's the end of my questions, I keep my wonderment occupied now! Over and Out!

You were never in the military, were ya? There's no such thing as "over and out." Correct version....."webledink33 out."

What test are they using to determine it's the strain from Wuhan? And exactly what strain is it, HxNy?

EDIT: Ok it's not influenza at all. So it's not a flu. It's 2019-nCoV, which is a coronovirus that has similar symptoms as influenza. SARS, MERS are same family. So stop calling it "flu". I would suggest CARS - Commie Acute Respitory Syndrome.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

What test are they using to determine it's the strain from Wuhan? And exactly what strain is it, HxNy?

DNA analysis is being used by scientists in China. 

https://www.sciencealert.com/snakes-are-the-likely-source-of-china-s-deadly-coronavirus-here-s-why

In Thailand they use string, boiled chicken, Lao Khao, counting the number of grains of rice, a banana leaf tower, a mirror, comb, baby powder and an article of clothing from the victim.

/sarcasm

IMG_20200123_102203.jpg

Edited by SiSePuede419