BANGKOK
SooKee

Bangkok Bank - proof of 12 months international transfers (changed?)

20 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

You can save a little money by picking up your credit advice letters more often. I think you can get up to three months of them free. Some people stop in a get one each time a FTT is made in to their account. Also,  keep your bank book current and you  may not need a printed out statement. My branch produces my credit advice off the information on the bank book. I'll be getting my letter from Bangkok Bank in March from my branch and will see how they do it.

Wasn't so much about the money TBH.  Just the difference between the old 12 line summary letter they used to produce and the 13 page document it's been replaced with.  Just so that folks are aware when they ask for the old style document and show the copies posted here that it has changed.

7 hours ago, SooKee said:

I can't help thinking that this might be a way that the Bank has come up with to get some income generation going. 

You mean the banks may have to forfeit their legal status  as public charities? 

Edited by Suradit69
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SooKee said:

if folks take the copy summary letter posted in several places on TV to Bangkok Bank to try and get the same document they may well find that it's no longer available AND that there is now a fee for it

Correct, that summary letter no longer works at our IO.  They want a computerized printout of the entirety of the past year's activities (in the relevant account), which will show all 12 monthly foreign deposits, along with everything else.  Our Bkk Bank branch charges B200.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

So you're re-posting the same thread that was posted less than 24 hours ago (albeit under a different category)? And your point? A bank making money off charging fees? That's what you're complaining about? Banks charging fees for services is nothing new, neither in the West nor in Thailand.  If you can't even afford the bank fees, then retirement in Thailand may not be for you.

Do you know what a Credit advise is?

Depending how you transfer your money every month,you might not need a Credit advise. Mostly people using TransferWise needs it to prove that every transfer is foreign. 

So,if you don't need the Credit advise,why pay for it? And 600 baht is actually expensive when a bank statement at Bangkok Bank costs 200 baht and the bank letter 100 baht. Why pay 100% more if you don't need it?

On 1/24/2020 at 8:15 AM, ubonjoe said:

If your transfers show they came from abroad with the FTT code to Bangkok Bank you don't need the credit advices.

Ubonjoe,

I found out that if you don't update your passbook "frequently" I use my passbook account only infrequently that Bangkok bank lumps multiple transactions together and posts the "net" amount.  So if you had three monthly transfers and a couple of withdrawals only one entry in the passbook for the net. 

3 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Ubonjoe,

I found out that if you don't update your passbook "frequently" I use my passbook account only infrequently that Bangkok bank lumps multiple transactions together and posts the "net" amount.  So if you had three monthly transfers and a couple of withdrawals only one entry in the passbook for the net. 

I have a prompter in my Email calendar to regularly update the passbook,

5 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

So if you had three monthly transfers and a couple of withdrawals only one entry in the passbook for the net. 

You can get a bank statements that will show everything. On my Bangkok bank statement ii shows Foreign T/T.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2020 at 2:25 AM, DannyCarlton said:

Did you need to prove the source of your income, i.e. pensions?

What kind of document can be considered proof ? A pension statement for ex from the pension issuing agency back in ones homeland ?

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

What kind of document can be considered proof ? A pension statement for ex from the pension issuing agency back in ones homeland ?

Yes

That is is what I used for my extension.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

Ok. Thank you very much for the information.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a bank statements that will show everything. On my Bangkok bank statement ii shows Foreign T/T.

ubonjoe

Yes I ordered it.  However I hope that immigration does not give me grief about my passbook entries not being an exact duplicate of the monthly statement.  I do have my Transferwise details which very clearly will match the bank statement. 

3 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

However I hope that immigration does not give me grief about my passbook entries not being an exact duplicate of the monthly statement.

I can't see why it would be a problem with immigration. You will giving them the original statements.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

I always use online verification from pension and SS. Can I just print a copy of these or does it need to be an official document direct from the agency?

19 minutes ago, streetlite said:

I always use online verification from pension and SS. Can I just print a copy of these or does it need to be an official document direct from the agency?

They should accept printouts done online. It is just to prove the source and they can compare the amounts shown in baht on your bank statements.

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Ubonjoe,

You need to update your bank at least once a month. Let's say you have 2 transfers, one in May 24 and one in June 24, if not updating your book every month those 2 transfers  can be divided into 3 transfers, and the bank code at Bangkok Bank for each of those transfers will be CMB = "Combined No-Book Transaction". On top of that, in the bank book those CMB transactions won't show the correct date. Now you might need a Credit advise if you used TransferWise and the transfers needs to show up as foreign = FTT.