BANGKOK
Kelsall

Corona Virus in Chiang Mai

"Dr. Jatuchai Maneerat, public health doctor and Dr. Sumet Ongwandee, director of Chiang Mai disease control department held a press announcement to confirm the patient boy to be affected by the new virus."

https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citynews/local/new-patient-suspected-of-new-corona-virus-found-in-chiang-mai/

Edited by Kelsall
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Of the 8 people outside of China with the virus - Thailand has 4 (50%)....Small sample size that could also turn huge = beware.....

Also, this.

• Like 1

It is very, very concerning and a potential threat to just about everybody in the world. They are too slow to declare an emergency.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I guess if you thought the ques at the airport were bad previously, wait till they start vetting everyone for 10 minutes

I went to do a 90 day report in CM yesterday waste of time queues like I have never seen 6 deep on the steps and around the car park just to get in wonder if any virus vetting was taking place I gave up and went home not leaving the car anyone else there to confirm? 🤔

26 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Unfortunately, the Chinese seem to be nose pickers, sneeze and often cough with no coverup.

Lots of Chinese will be here this New Years weekend.

I am wearing a mask and avoiding Maya/Nimman area, all the other malls and any of the tourist spots.

Maybe a waste but at least an attempt to avoid possible exposure.

I'm doing the same.