BANGKOK
Kelsall

Corona Virus in Chiang Mai

We need a Wuhan meter like the AQI pollution Index.  

CM Wu:  1  

0-5, safe

6-25, go outside wearing a mask

26-49, think about moving or wear full-body protection

50-99, death in 1-year

100-200, death in a month

201-, last day

of course, expats will stay and tell themselves, "It's OK"

At least now humans can stop getting mad at every country and focus on something important.  But, like always, we can't do anything.  

• Sad 1

On 1/24/2020 at 8:53 AM, opalred said:

there are virus everywhere /do we put our head in a plastic bag

Exactly, we have immune systems! the odds are much higher that you will have a road accident - media nonsense's as usual!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Are people not being checked in China before they get on a plane ? 

Sharing a flight with 200 other people is great way to pick up any virus let alone one that could kill you.

I'm heading to Hanoi in a couple of weeks... hopefully I get rid of this cold I've had for little over a week now. I will be wearing a mask at both airports and on the flight.

14 hours ago, geisha said:

Just back from Suvarnabhumi which was particularly quiet, 5 till 7 pm. Through immigration in 5 mins and saw very little Chinese, if they were Chinese ! Saw a few full tour buses in Pattaya tho. 

That’s because they have cancelled all tour group flights out of China. It’s going to be real quiet for a while after those who came for New Years leave.

The TAT spin should be interesting. At least they have something legit to blame low arrivals on.

3 hours ago, CGW said:

Exactly, we have immune systems! the odds are much higher that you will have a road accident - media nonsense's as usual!

Some of you truly belong here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I try not to be an alarmist, but I’ve decided to curtail my presence in the tourist areas, and while I’m out I’ll be using a SURGICAL (NOT N-95) mask.

I’m usually OK with regular hand washing, but will now carry hand disinfectant in my bag.  It’s always a good idea to disinfect hands before any meal, but especially in restaurants - after handling the oft-touched menus.

Thank heavens that the Chinese government has curtailed outgoing tour groups; however, Chinese New Year couldn’t be coming at a worse time.

For now, snuggling inside on these “cold” days with a good video seems more appealing than ever...

And it gives “Netflix and chill” a whole new layer of meaning (!)

Edited by Brightly
  • Like 2

The problem is there is a 5 day period where someone could have the virus and show no symptoms.  This means taking someone's temperature at an airport could be useless.  Here is a short video that explains it

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/martenson-risk-true-pandemic-higher-were-being-told

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 10:58 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

BKK also seems quiet in general. Was on marriot hotel rooftop bar  soi 22 yday. Normally packed with chinese guests, was super empty on a friday night.

Marriott Hotel rooftop bar? I didn’t realise they were doing cheap drinks promotions for as we know, the Chinese are low cost tourists and don’t spend any money. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, jimgilly said:

The problem is there is a 5 day period where someone could have the virus and show no symptoms.  This means taking someone's temperature at an airport could be useless.  Here is a short video that explains it

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/martenson-risk-true-pandemic-higher-were-being-told

Yes could well be useless but not if they contracted it days prior to their flight.Cover all bases seems logical to me

farang are the carnivorous epidemic.

~o:37;

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

does anyone know what masks would be good against the virus AND smoke? If I am already wearing a mask outside...

I would suggest that you look for one which filters and has rebreather filters, the surgical masks are useless within about 6 minutes, and saturated with your own moisture.

Reports are some are dying/dropping dead without exhibiting symptoms....

Could be they're already weak, or some strains are more lethal - (and hopefully not evolving)....

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Reports are some are dying/dropping dead without exhibiting symptoms....

Could be they're already weak, or some strains are more lethal - (and hopefully not evolving)....

Oh virus are very clever at evolving and adapting, as has  HIV, which has been the problem in getting a vaccine against it.