BANGKOK

For anyone not sure about tranferring funds from the UK to fit in with the Immigration rules regarding the 65000 baht monthly transfers. I did a transfer this morning at 8.04am and it arrived in Kasikorn bank at 8.06am. Transferwise totally recomended.

• Like 1

And how is the transfer recorded by Kasikorn?  Immigration wants proof of international transfer so may require additional paperwork if not recorded as such.  AFAIK only Bangkok Bank has a positive (or almost) fix on getting such a stamp in passbook.  

• Like 1

Transferwise is good we've used it a few times I dont use it for my retirement visa from what I know from other guys it needs to show up as foreign transfer thats how they keep the fee's down your money is transferred from a Thai bank not from the UK

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Transferwise is good we've used it a few times I dont use it for my retirement visa from what I know from other guys it needs to show up as foreign transfer thats how they keep the fee's down your money is transferred from a Thai bank not from the UK

True but they do offer use of Bangkok Bank if you select for long stay in Thailand as the reason for transfer and that is encoded as a foreign transfer by Bangkok Bank here.  Also paperwork can be obtained to show original source of funding was from overseas from Transferwise and contact bank used here.

• Like 1

My Transferwise transfers to KBank from overseas show up as MCL (smart credit whatever that is?) transfers and NOT as TFN international transfers on my KBank statement. This is when I chose reason for transfer on the Transferwise send option as "For Thailand long term stay". Go figure.

Edited by Digitalbanana

2 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

This is when I chose reason for transfer on the Transferwise send option as "For Thailand long term stay"

Believe that option only works to route to Bangkok Bank account - if that is done it is recorded as foreign transfer on Bangkok Bank passbook.  If you account is not at Bangkok Bank then there will be a domestic type transfer to them.  

3 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

My Transferwise transfers to KBank from overseas show up as MCL (smart credit whatever that is?) transfers and NOT as TFN international transfers on my KBank statement. This is when I chose reason for transfer on the Transferwise send option as "For Thailand long term stay". Go figure.

Mine are the same. If and when it's important for me for transfers to be "International" then i will transfer to my Bangkok Bank account and double check it's tagged for Bangkok Bank local partner

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

If you account is not at Bangkok Bank then there will be a domestic type transfer to them.  

For my KBank I have two options I am aware of to get bank statements online. One via the mobile phone app which emails you a pdf, and one via the web site which prints a pdf statement. Both statements look different but the same! The attached below shows the result from the web printed PDF which lists TFN foreign transfer type (item#1) and TRANSFERWISE Dummy branch type (item#4)!

KBankTxTypes.jpg.0aaec710a2efc4f175074164192b7286.jpg

14 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

For my KBank I have two options I am aware of to get bank statements online. One via the mobile phone app which emails you a pdf, and one via the web site which prints a pdf statement. Both statements look different but the same! The attached below shows the result from the web printed PDF which lists TFN foreign transfer type (item#1) and TRANSFERWISE Dummy branch type (item#4)!

KBankTxTypes.jpg.0aaec710a2efc4f175074164192b7286.jpg

Really not up on other bank receipts but Transferwise also offers downloads of transaction which has helped some people get immigration to accept where there were questions-so probably worthwhile having them on hand just in case needed.  Have seen a recent report or two of Bangkok Bank providing letter with transaction receipts for immigration proof now so that may be what is required as we go on (at a 600 baht cost it was reported).  It does appear a bank letter of some type will be required regardless of passbook stamps.

• Like 1

I did a transfer this morning at 8.04am and it arrived in Kasikorn bank at 8.06am. Transferwise totally recomended.

I have made a number of transfers with Transferwise and the money nearly always arrives in my Bangkok Bank account the following workday at 2.00 pm.  The actual notification from Transferwise arrives by email  earlier that morning.

Not sure how you get the '2 minute' service

22 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

I did a transfer this morning at 8.04am and it arrived in Kasikorn bank at 8.06am. Transferwise totally recomended.

I have made a number of transfers with Transferwise and the money nearly always arrives in my Bangkok Bank account the following workday at 2.00 pm.  The actual notification from Transferwise arrives by email  earlier that morning.

I expect with Bangkok Bank they have different times of the day to post "certain types" of international-type transfers. 

Each and every one of my Transferwise transfers to my Bangkok Bank accounts posts a minute or two past 2:00pm although the Transferwise status shows the funds have been sent to my Thai bank numerous hours before.  Of course Transferwise is not really sending any funds; instead, they are just notifying one of the three Thai partner banks to pay out of a Transferwise acct maintained at those banks to your bank.

I have a family member receiving US social security payments monthly via the International Direct Deposit (IDD) method.  Each and every one has posted to the member's Bangkok Bank acct a minute or two after 9:00am.  

And in the case of Transferwise transfers where the one of their partner banks of Bangkok Bank, K-Bank, or TMB accomplishes the final leg of the transfer to another Thai bank like SCB, Krungsri, etc., then I expect it might be handled differently as to when they relay to "external" accts....maybe they relay them immediately or maybe they relay them at the same set time of day they would post such a transfer to an "internal" acct. 

Yeap, me thinks it can depend on various things like the "type" of incoming transfer....does a Tranferwise partner bank do an "internal" posting or "external" relay....just different Thai banks will have different policies on how certain transfers are handled.

On 1/26/2020 at 4:27 AM, rak sa_ngop said:

SCB it lands quicker than its possible to log into their app. We're talking 3-4 seconds the last three times I've used on weekdays.

Its been noted that if its sent Saturday/Sunday though it takes longer

35 minutes ago, Chivas said:

SCB it lands quicker than its possible to log into their app. We're talking 3-4 seconds the last three times I've used on weekdays.

Its been noted that if its sent Saturday/Sunday though it takes longer

On your Transferwise Receipt what does it show for the "partner bank" used?

31 minutes ago, Pib said:

On your Transferwise Receipt what does it show for the "partner bank" used?

Thats a good question. I was about to say no idea because firstly its not related to the immigration issue and as such cant recall last time I updated pass book as solely use the app.

Having just logged in I can show though screenshot from the app. Theres a reference from K bank at the bottom which you can see so that clearly must be the partner to SCB (am referring to the 39k obviously)

83106884_159980715301524_4218277833136406528_n.jpg

Edited by Chivas

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Thats a good question. I was about to say no idea because firstly its not related to the immigration issue and as such cant recall last time I updated pass book as solely use the app.

Having just logged in I can show though screenshot from the app. Theres a reference from K bank at the bottom which you can see so that clearly must be the partner to SCB (am referring to the 39k obviously)

83106884_159980715301524_4218277833136406528_n.jpg

I think above is a snapshot from your SCB acct.   

But I was talking looking at the receipt in your "Transferwise acct" to see which partner bank is listed near the bottom of the receipt. 

I expect it's going to say Kbank since your SCB app snapshot is showing the transfer came from Kbank.