BANGKOK
fullofmax

Getting the married visa - where it is the easiest ?

On 1/24/2020 at 11:24 AM, ubonjoe said:

A marriage can be registered at any Amphoe.

From my own experience, I disagree. I was told in Bangkok where I had the paperwork done for my marriage, that I could go to any Amphoe to register the marriage. I went to the local Amphoe where I was renting a house and was told emphatically, that all marriages need to be registered at the Amphoe where the wife name is registered and in the family Blue Book. Which in this case was Amphoe Phen which is a very long drive. Only then, did they register the marriage. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Morning Person said:

I went to the local Amphoe where I was renting a house and was told emphatically, that all marriages need to be registered at the Amphoe where the wife name is registered and in the family Blue Book.

That was one Amphoe of many that just incorrectly refused you and gave you false info.

Many people have gotten married at an Amphoe that was not where their wife to be was registered.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That was one Amphoe of many that just incorrectly refused you and gave you false info.

Many people have gotten married at an Amphoe that was not where their wife to be was registered.

Yes Joe Agreed, We got Married in Bangkok 27 Years Ago,My Wife was then registered in Ban Muang,Sakon Nakhon....Had NO Problems whatsoever since !!

On 1/25/2020 at 9:00 PM, Russell17au said:

extension based on marriage you need to do a 90 day report to you local immigration office

I don't think extension requires 90-day report. 90-day report is required only if you stay in Thailand 90 consecutive days. With an extension one can still exit for various reason and not do a 90-day report. 

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, Russell17au said:

As long as you have the correct paperwork they might try and talk you into staying on a retirement extension but they will still do a marriage extension. 

I ask because my immigration ( Prachinburi ) is not nice at all and I expect problems if I ask an extension from O retirement visa to marriage visa

what I think , if the boss in the IO makes problems , is that I get a marriage ( single entry ) visa in Savannakhet ( that I know already ) and after 90 days ask a one year extension in my IO: with already an O visa based on marriage, she ( the boss  ) can't refuse ; can I do this ? But first, I will discuss with the boss even if she is not happy 

I am not married yet but I prepare the paperwork because I think visa O retirement will have to get a Thai health insurance in the future