Would you change your religion for "love" or any other reason?

SoonOh

26 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

Contrary to popular belief, we don't choose God, but God chooses us; therefore, there is no such thing with God as a "false conversion".

Can you provide any evidence? How about some double-blind trials? No? There's a surprise. Have you ever wondered why god only works across family lines or in close geographic proximity? Obviously conversion by the sword could be seen as an exception. Viruses used to spread the same way until science and industry brought flight to the masses.

Quoting one of the world's most immoral books that has been used to justify immoral acts does not wash with the educated or the sceptical. You need to work on children as they are susceptible to stories without evidence.

15 hours ago, Sujo said:

Ive been living with a muslim girl for 4 years. She eats bacon, drinks, and she went and bought a dog.

Im raised catholic, i would have no problem changing religiin as it means nothing to me.

Im not an atheist though. Atheists must be so intelligent, they know for certain there is no god, but others only believe.

That's not what atheists claim. Lack of belief in a god is not a claim that a god does not exist.  It is simple logic really. Atheists will believe in a god when there is sufficient evidence to believe one exists. You know, like every other believe a person holds.

39 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

we don't choose God, but God chooses us; therefore, there is no such thing with God as a "false conversion".

Funny how the god of Abraham chose the people of the middle east to be muslim and westerners to be christians.  Looks more like invisible lines on the earth and natural geographical boundaries are making the decisions. 

52 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

I just struggled to read through six pages of comments from people who have absolutely no idea what it means to be a follower of Christ. Converting from one religion to another is merely exchanging one counterfeit for the other, and all of them will take you to hell. The atheist and the agnostic are not exempt, for they too are just a misled religion of a different shade of darkness. Entering into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ by being "born again" by the Spirit of God is the only way into the Kingdom of God. Contrary to popular belief, we don't choose God, but God chooses us; therefore, there is no such thing with God as a "false conversion".

To get back on topic, if you expect to enter into a relationship with a woman who has truly been "born again", I'm afraid it would be an exercise in futility, for as a unbeliever you will risk being rejected by her to the uttermost. 

2 Corinthians 6:14-16 “Don’t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? What harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever? And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: “I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people.”

Give heed to the street preacher and let him give you a quick indoctrination into the Truth of God's Word:

These kind of radical, fundamentalist beliefs is exactly why I'd avoid a Thai who was a funadamentalist Christian like the plague.

Ask this qeustion to the muslims that are sleeping and having ... with ladyboys , they will tell you they will never do that and that allah is almighty , so in my mind religion doesn't realy mean anything . I will respect everybody , believers and non believers but what does religion mean if 90% doesn't even live by it and it's rules .

• Like 1

19 hours ago, androokery said:

It is highly likely that anyone who believes in one of the abrahamic religions will find it easy to change. It's just another flavour of crazy. For me, as an atheist, I don't have a religion and find it highly unlikely that I will acquire one. It's also not likely that I will "love" someone who is religious, as I don't truly respect religious people.  

There is nothing wrong with following a religion as long as it does not interfere with anyone else. I am a Protestant, but would never take part in the bigoted Orange walks that occur in Scotland.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sujo said:

Ive been living with a muslim girl for 4 years. She eats bacon, drinks, and she went and bought a dog.

Im raised catholic, i would have no problem changing religiin as it means nothing to me.

Im not an atheist though. Atheists must be so intelligent, they know for certain there is no god, but others only believe.

What has Muslims got to do with dogs? I know most Muslims hate non Muslims, but dogs?

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

This was an interesting post. The question was: "Would you change your religion for love or any other reason?"

Your answer: No, I am an atheist.

Seems rather strange that you are not aware of that being an atheist and by being an atheist you have chosen to stand outside all that is deemed as religions. That simple means that you do not belong to any religion.

My question to you: If you do not belong to any religion, how can you then answer that you would not change something that you already are not a part of?

I do not follow any religion, but I am not an Atheist.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

Funny how the god of Abraham chose the people of the middle east to be muslim and westerners to be christians.  Looks more like invisible lines on the earth and natural geographical boundaries are making the decisions. 

No, just different blokes with different lives creating a following they thought up... 

Buddhism is a faith, not a religion. Followers of Buddhism don’t acknowledge a supreme god or deity. The religion’s founder, Buddha, is considered an extraordinary man, but not a god. The word Buddha means “enlightened.”

Buddhism is not an organized religion, but rather, a “way of life” or a “spiritual tradition.”

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alex2554 said:

Buddhism is a faith, not a religion. Followers of Buddhism don’t acknowledge a supreme god or deity. The religion’s founder, Buddha, is considered an extraordinary man, but not a god. The word Buddha means “enlightened.”

Buddhism is not an organized religion, but rather, a “way of life” or a “spiritual tradition.”

But still man made...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I do not follow any religion, but I am not an Atheist.

First: My question was not to you.

Second: What kind of connection does your reply have to my comment that you quoted?

Third: You do not have to follow a religion to be a part to it or connected to the same.

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're OK having the end of your penis cut off?

Just checking

are you implying there are no Catholics uncircumcised?

hint: from sea to shining sea and beyond

Edited by mamypoko

I am Catholic and yes I am circumcised and yes all girls are very happy and never complain many ask for more too.

The question was and is about religion. 

Yes, I have thai gold chain and a chain charm But it does not imply anything

On 1/24/2020 at 4:01 AM, SoonOh said:

At the immigration office I saw withe male displaying stone studded cross and on the same chain about the same size Buddha amulet.

There is no claim of god(s) in Buddhismen, so you can be a Catholic Buddhist.

I would not change my religion for love, or anything else, but my own beliefs.

Born in a Christian Scandinavian country I have a Christian cultural background and is educated as so. I'm baptized as child, and I'm happy for that, as it gave me a choice to be Christian or not; I'm however didn't confirm my belief when I became teen. When I was of age I resigned from the national Lutheran Church that we Danes automatically became member of when baptized.

For many years I was a searching Atheist – perhaps still is – and of curiosity I visited a number of religious sects to learn just a little about their different view of life; including Bahai, some Indian gurus, Rose-Croix (AMORC), and Scientology. When I was young some Muslim friends even asked me to join them for a pilgrimage to Mecca (not sure it would have been good, but perhaps possible 50 years ago).

I believe mainly in facts – even I acknowledge that there might be something between Earth and Heaven we humans don't know about – so I found FSM as the right place for me and joined the branch in my home country.

I can however follow what I find good in Buddhist philosophy, and at the same time be a Pastafarian...????

20 hours ago, SteveK said:

Pie in the sky thinking I admit, but religion has achieved nothing but millions of untimely deaths, and extreme misunderstanding/fear of some religions.

There are basically only two religions that did that or were involved in it:

• Christianity
  • Islam

giving in chronological order.

Other religions simply make clear: you can not join, as in Judaism, or Druze, they have no intention to make anyone join or convert.

And Buddhism is not doing missionaries ... no one is running around and even suggesting you should join them. Nor do Hindi or natural religions.

Many crimes were done by Christians,  but religion had not much to do with it, except spreading it while they conquered/occupied/colonized the lands.

Blaming "religion" is a stupid thing. The people did it. Does not really matter what religion they had. Some people claim atheism would be a religion, too. And the horrors under Stalin and Pol Pot are to be blamed on it. Obviously that does not make any sense at all.

Religion is connected to spiritualism ... you can easily be spiritual and be an atheist same time.

I'm atheist, but if my wife goes to the temple, it is usually an important social event. Not joining her would make her lose face, and would make me look like: a stupid farang. And: the people like to see me, why would I deprive them from that pleasure?

Wars are made over land and resources, not religion. Religion is only useful to separate them in "them" and "us" and might help to mobilize people - usually poor people having nothing to lose - to join "your effort." But you easy make atheists to join "your effort", too!

• Like 1