How to cross the road in Pattaya, according to city hall

Rimmer

Words on their own are a waste of time and energy...

Need accompanying relevant image(s)

This car  tried to cross the road...

Image may contain: car

The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately 85 mph.
The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the motorcycle. The rider's reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident.

The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.
The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department..

Pass this on to car drivers or soon to be new drivers, or new motorcycle owners and especially everyone you know who has a MOBILE phone!!!
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Save a life. Stop talking on mobile phones and Texting while trying to drive.
The life you save may be your own..... Or mine...

Keep passing this on so everyone will see what can happen by using a mobile PHONE while driving

5 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

How can I look left and right while staring at my phone, eh?

Advice to drivers:

Do not stop when the traffic light on Beach Road - yes, there are many and some of them even work from time to time - turns to red. Otherwise you'll be bumped from behind. Better cut down the chinese tour group in front.

Think its better to follow those chinese groups since they dont give <deleted> about anything when they cross

• Like 1

City Hall offering advice on how to cross the road.

They are probably fed up with their Afternoon Nap  and Morning " Committee Meetings " being interrupted by the sickening sound of Limbs being broken on the crossing directly outside their Cave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brer said:

You should only try between 4.00am and 6.00am.

You can TRY.
But you should be able to run, run very fast.....
At that time there's no more traffic slowing down those "pedal to metal" maniacs, so Somchai tries out what he can squeeze out of his Isuzu pickup.
You should also listen if you hear a motorbike engine screaming at high revs because that bike will be where you try cross the road in a second and may hit you. Happened more then once in Patts.

Edited by Peterbilt

Bad times. Between 4am and 6am is where there is little traffic to hold up the boy racers.

Best time is when the traffic is at or near a standstill. Even then, motor bike taxis and tourists on bikes don't care or are too drunk.I

A shotgun or pistol pointed in the general direction of oncoming traffic would probably make them think. Except of course, those on their mobiles.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tifino said:

The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the motorcycle. The rider's reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident.

The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.
The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department..

Pass this on to car drivers or soon to be new drivers, or new motorcycle owners and especially everyone you know who has a MOBILE phone!!!

Keep passing this on so everyone will see what can happen by using a mobile PHONE while driving

Not too many Thais in that photo. Where was it taken?

Please, will someone put a link here for us to read the Thai Driving Rules handbook?  I've searched for it (I presume it is a PDF) but was unsuccessful in locating it. 

Also, will related Pedestrian rules be within the handbook? 

Thanks. 

On 1/23/2020 at 10:04 PM, Rimmer said:

then walk quickly across

Do so even if after looking both ways and you see traffic coming toward you on your side of the road still walk across.

On 1/23/2020 at 10:04 PM, Rimmer said:

The cars should see you in hopes they stop at the crosswalk.

So, it is not the people in the vehicles who would see you but the cars themselves and the person crossing the road has to HOPE the cars will stop if the cars see you.  If the cars don't see you, what happens - you get hit.  What about the motorcycles, trucks, and the buses, etc.?

Who wrote this stuff?

'nuf sed

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 3:52 PM, tifino said:

perhaps should use this in the VIDEO we are ALL suppose to WATCH when applying for a driving licence, or renewing an old one??? !!!

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 1:41 AM, Lipoman said:

Please, will someone put a link here for us to read the Thai Driving Rules handbook?  I've searched for it (I presume it is a PDF) but was unsuccessful in locating it. 

Thanks. 

A thai Highway Code exists .....BUT THAIS do not read or understand the laws/rules of the roads.....!!!

On 1/25/2020 at 1:41 AM, Lipoman said:

Thanks. 

google THAI DRIVING LAWS.....various site will appear, choose the one you want !!

Look at this, but is terribly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_n8Fut2Tk

Thais live at the moment. When they drive vehicles they do not look longer than 5 meters, because the future starts after that point.

When they coming from side sois they brains are not capable look to right only straight on.