Can an agent submitted extension application not require health insurance for an O-A extension

On 1/24/2020 at 3:04 AM, Jim P said:

I would have thought agents would rightly be very wary of falsifying documentation from public companies who will chase their behind in court for such practices when the s$£t hits the fan and it`s exposed.

When the <deleted> hits the fan in Thailand nothing happens.. Govt officials get transferred to an in-active position and any civilians get a small fine if anything.   

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ericthai said:

When the <deleted> hits the fan in Thailand nothing happens.. Govt officials get transferred to an in-active position and any civilians get a small fine if anything.   

But we aren`t talking about govt officials are we. We are talking about agents and private companies, different ball game.

Just now, Jim P said:

But we aren`t talking about govt officials are we. We are talking about agents and private companies, different ball game.

They cant get a visa without the help of a govt official and like I said, any civilian (agent or private company) will get a small fine if anything. 

Thailand is corrupt to the core, if you have contacts and money nothing will happen to you. If agents or private companies are arranging visas they have "contacts" 

It's sad but only poor people are in jail! 

10 hours ago, ericthai said:

They cant get a visa without the help of a govt official and like I said, any civilian (agent or private company) will get a small fine if anything. 

Thailand is corrupt to the core, if you have contacts and money nothing will happen to you. If agents or private companies are arranging visas they have "contacts" 

It's sad but only poor people are in jail! 

Why have the agents have told the op to leave the country and change to another visa, you clearly haven`t got the gist of the thread. As I said falsifying documentation from an insurance company and effectively stealing business from them is a whole different can of worms to brown envelopes to falsify the financial requirement.

Edited by Jim P

On 1/25/2020 at 12:10 PM, Bogbrush said:

I took the PC Standard Extra with the maximum excess (300 000 baht) and paid 32 000 baht (68 yrs old) with exclusions on virtually everything. I take the view that it’s not a policy, just another - expensive - piece of paper necessary to stay here. I have “proper” cover through another far cheaper policy, as we all do.

I would’ve gone the ‘expiry/exit/arrive/visa exempt/O’ route but have concerns the insurance requirement will spread to O, so for 2020 at least I’ll take the hit. When you have to commit 800 000 baht, another 3 000 a month won’t break the bank. My view, anyway....

For the 32k you can have an agent that ensures you dont need the Insurance ..

17 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

For the 32k you can have an agent that ensures you dont need the Insurance ..

I’d rather abide by the law. Agents are great - until they’re not.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 10:24 PM, jvs said:

And who will pay if you get in an accident?

You don't seem to understand that the thai health insurance you need when applying for an O-A Visa or when you extend your stay based on an O-A Visa is forced on you. There are a few to chose from, and the minimum coverage is 400k, which is low and with a 40k OPD. Those insurances are in many cases useless and expensive. IF, you go for an Non-immigrant O Visa with annual extensions instead, and buy your own health insurance,then there are loads of better options with higher coverage, and also cheaper. Those health insurances also include an accident insurance. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They have been around a long time, 15 years for one guy, 17-18 for another here in Pats. 

A friend of mine,72 years old and on annual extensions based on an O-A Visa, and not a rich man, he used an agent for the first time just because of the health insurance. It worked for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1