Thai Tourism Minister to seek free visas for Chinese, Indian tourists; floats ‘Eat, Shop, Spend’ scheme for foreigners

webfact

2 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

‘Eat, Shop, Spend’

That sounds like a science-fiction novel.

How would that be possible ‘Eat, Shop, Spend' with a balloon currency that sooner or later will explode, no one with sane mindset will go to destinations where you will get ripped off, people don't afford Thailand anymore and it's not only tourists and expats even Thai people suffering. The only way would be that BOT devaluate the currency 15-20 %, and the tourist will be back...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, falankuk said:

Why to extend it only to Chinese and Indian people? when the most amount of money from tourists comes from western countries, it sounds to me like a form of discrimination against western countries if there is a similar application should be extended to everybody particularly to western countries......

Well perhaps the Chinese and Indians will be used to the smog and pollution so it will not be turn off for them, won’t discourage them from coming ( or coming back).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, FinChin67 said:

Maybe they go to visit the locked down cities in China to see if they can free some big spender Chinese to come over...? Should be easy now as they have already sold Thailand to China as a southern most province.

CM has now become a shopping mall for Chinese tourist. 

• Sad 1

I suppose it's not easy to come up with quick fix solutions. Those who can't afford entry visas for tourism don't spend a heck of a lot. This requires a long-term solution and not bandaids. It is something that must be started now and measures kept in place while ditching others that are not practical and outdated - even a tad silly. 

• Like 1

I find the way chinese tourists are handled in Thailand to be degrading. Sure nobody wants to queue at immigration sandwiched between two groups but independent chinese tourists must not feel very welcome in this country. I remember arriving in Don Mueang on an evening, three chinese guys were queuing normally with other "normal" foreigners and the IO sent them to queue at the crowded chinese only queue.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Try cleaning up the beaches and roadside first, the whole country is drowning in garbage, people don’t want to spend their vacation looking at it.

100% correct . once new visitors come ..will never come back the whole country has gone hill rapid after the last 5 years 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HeyHeyHey said:

Government: Economy is booming!

The same Government: We need stimulus to revive economy

Government: Tourist numbers are setting new records!

The same Government: We need stimulus to increase tourism

It almost sounds like, if some members of the government have invested in some of the new hotels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, falankuk said:

Why to extend it only to Chinese and Indian people? when the most amount of money from tourists comes from western countries, it sounds to me like a form of discrimination against western countries if there is a similar application should be extended to everybody particularly to western countries......

I think you're somewhat confused. The current situation is a form of discrimination towards people other than westerners as per ...

2 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Free visas for Chinese and Indians? Why not. Then they are on the same level than Europeans, Americans and Australians. I have no problem with it.

• Sad 1

I know !  We'll give em a free bar fine in Cowboy and a Pad Thai from the 7/11........    I was in a bar last night and a few of the said darker skinned Asian gentlemen came in and the whole atmosphere changed, and i must say it didn't feel good........ Bad move boys....... Sort the bht out before the goose dies.........

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yokat said:

I remember arriving in Don Mueang on an evening, three chinese guys were queuing normally with other "normal" foreigners and the IO sent them to queue at the crowded chinese only queue.

It's orders from the top. Hongkongers, Taiwanese and other assorted well behaving folks are to be assimilated with the mainland hoi polloi.

Edited by DrTuner

Well do  other countries not visit here 

If going to do for One or more then why not for everyone 

I can see why people I know are choosing to go to other places 

they are not special 

has anyone bothered to look at Chinese come here spend at Chinese shops and where does the money go well lets see back home to China