BANGKOK
Liverpudlian

How to unfreeze UK pension .

i was able to claim my basic UK pension of 102 pounds per week aprox 4+ years ago and i very recently heard of a guy who returned to blighty and after proving certain criteria he was granted the going rate wich i think was around 165 quid P/W  i have tried searching here and another forum but cant find the topic so any help would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not if you remain in the UK for a period of time. What that period is, I'm not sure. 6 months? 12 months?

I think the guy said he got it in aprox 7 weeks and that he purchased a property up lake district also provided proof that he left here on a one way ticket and i think he had to provide a UK bank details along with doctors address and something about  council tax ??

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

I think the guy said he got it in aprox 7 weeks and that he purchased a property up lake district also provided proof that he left here on a one way ticket and i think he had to provide a UK bank details along with doctors address and something about  council tax ??

This topic is in the pinned section; it provides details of what is required and websites you can contact for advice.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, elwood said:

This topic is in the pinned section; it provides details of what is required and websites you can contact for advice.

Nothing really relevant to this thread. The only thing I found with any relevance is the Age UK factsheet which states:

"If you have not been getting the annual increases, your pension is increased to the current rate when you return to live in the UK"

Which suggests that you are eligable for the full pension rate as soon as you return.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

You do not have to do anything,non-sanction benefit  nothing the dwp can do about ,nothing ever been done,just you are in UK for? that long

if proof needed a one way printed copy of  Easy Jet from close by   sent from wherever

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I read that and thought you were talking about Thailand for a moment......

I get your point, but IMHO, the Phillipines is much worse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Most of the above not required. Need to prove that you are "habitually resident" in the UK. There is no legally laid down formula for this. Normally three proofs required.

1. British passport. i.e you are a British citizen.

2. Statement by you that you have returned to take up permanent residence in the UK. Nothing more than your word required for this.

3. You have a UK address. Can be a friend's house but if you aren't on the electoral register at that address, the normal resident may be asked to vouch for you. Usually not. You can rent accommodation and be classed as "habitually resident" within 24 hours of your return. Your rental agreement would be proof of residence.

You have to prove habitual resident for pension credit.

For unfreezing pension prove ordinary residence.

for ordinary residence Shah is regardrd as the standard required.