How to unfreeze UK pension .

5 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

With regards Sanctionable benefit you are displaying your ignorance

Sanctionable benefits refer to a specific part of legislation which allow the government to apply a form of penalty on such benefits.

The term non sanctionable does not have its ordinary meaning that the benefit cannot be used to pay a penalty.

As an example a pensioner who is imprisoned loses entitlement to state pension.

So what you are stating that non-sanctionable(in its ordinary meaning)cannot be used to pay a penalty,is this your gobbledegook or does it (DWP) actually state as such,as I read the passage the DWP states specifically that other entitlement  (maybe)  adjusted that are attached to named benefit,so the actual benefit is untouched

The example you give is nonsense to being a penalty as such for there is no punishment penalty there,what he had is made up from penal system

Gobbledegook,in its purest form,either non-sanctionable is punishable,or is not,in its "ordinary meaning"as addressing the State Pension

"For example"  I think you are clueless as to the subject matter

Edited by izod10
9 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

What's to stop some entrepreneurial guy here offering a temporary gaff and postal address to overseas expats for a cut on the basis of no questions asked and postal address / letter opening service. Not offering just saying !

I think one of the reasons I didn't get my heating allowance the previous year was because my flat was rented to a pensioner for 6 months during the qualifying week and they wouldn't make two payments to the same address to different names, without some kind of checks beforehand. I think if DWP saw say a dozen pensioners all using the same address they would check.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, saengd said:

I think one of the reasons I didn't get my heating allowance the previous year was because my flat was rented to a pensioner for 6 months during the qualifying week and they wouldn't make two payments to the same address to different names, without some kind of checks beforehand. I think if DWP saw say a dozen pensioners all using the same address they would check.

Damn - onto my next hair brained scheme. I imagine that soon if not already they will be able to match in/outs on the passport computer with a clarity they never previously had. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, izod10 said:

So what you are stating that non-sanctionable(in its ordinary meaning)cannot be used to pay a penalty,is this your gobbledegook or does it (DWP) actually state as such,as I read the passage the DWP states specifically that other entitlement  (maybe)  adjusted that are attached to named benefit,so the actual benefit is untouched

The example you give is nonsense to being a penalty as such for there is no punishment penalty there,what he had is made up from penal system

Gobbledegook,in its purest form,either non-sanctionable is punishable,or is not,in its "ordinary meaning"as addressing the State Pension

"For example"  I think you are clueless as to the subject matter

As i have explained a sanctionable benefit in UK law can be reduced or stopped as a form of penalty.

The State Pension is not a sanctionable benefit , meaning it can not be reduced or stopped as a form of penalty. However this does not exclude a fine or repayment being levied against a person receiving the state pension.

If you look at the DWP website it gives 3 seperate actions that can be taken either individually or as a combination.

4 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

As i have explained a sanctionable benefit in UK law can be reduced or stopped as a form of penalty.

The State Pension is not a sanctionable benefit , meaning it can not be reduced or stopped as a form of penalty. However this does not exclude a fine or repayment being levied against a person receiving the state pension.

If you look at the DWP website it gives 3 seperate actions that can be taken either individually or as a combination.

afraid it does. Please show the examples,as referring to the State Pension

states a person receiving state pension cannot be held accountable on his state pension for any action(s) considered as a fraud   Please show

1 hour ago, URMySunshine said:

What's to stop some entrepreneurial guy here offering a temporary gaff and postal address to overseas expats for a cut on the basis of no questions asked and postal address / letter opening service. Not offering just saying !

Offer a postal address to a place with reciprocal pension agreement that they can't easily check.

Guesthouse in the Philippines

Farm in France

etc.

Depending on the current state of Brexit, there's a fair choice.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/state-pensions-annual-increases-if-you-live-abroad/countries-where-we-pay-an-annual-increase-in-the-state-pension

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, izod10 said:

afraid it does. Please show the examples,as referring to the State Pension

states a person receiving state pension cannot be held accountable on his state pension for any action(s) considered as a fraud   Please show

From government website

' What happens after a benefit fraud investigation

If you’ve committed or attempted fraud, one or more of the following may also happen:

• you’ll be told to pay back the overpaid money
  • you may be taken to court or asked to pay a penalty (between £350 and £5,000)
  • your benefits may be reduced or stopped  '

Note   reducing or stopping benefits is a seperate penalty to prosecution and repayment.

From same site

'  

Losing benefits if you’re convicted of benefit fraud

Your benefits can be reduced or stopped for up to 3 years if you’re convicted of benefit fraud. The amount of time they’re stopped for depends on how many times you’ve committed fraud.

Only certain benefits can be reduced or stopped. These are called ‘sanctionable benefits’. But if you commit fraud on a benefit that cannot be reduced or stopped, your other benefits can be reduced instead. '

Note Sanctionable benefit only refers to reduction or loss

It does not state that prosecution or repayment is not allowed.

Familiarise yourself with the Social Security Administrative act and the fraud act

12 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

From government website

' What happens after a benefit fraud investigation

If you’ve committed or attempted fraud, one or more of the following may also happen:

• you’ll be told to pay back the overpaid money
  • you may be taken to court or asked to pay a penalty (between £350 and £5,000)
  • your benefits may be reduced or stopped  '

Note   reducing or stopping benefits is a seperate penalty to prosecution and repayment.

From same site

'  

Losing benefits if you’re convicted of benefit fraud

Your benefits can be reduced or stopped for up to 3 years if you’re convicted of benefit fraud. The amount of time they’re stopped for depends on how many times you’ve committed fraud.

Only certain benefits can be reduced or stopped. These are called ‘sanctionable benefits’. But if you commit fraud on a benefit that cannot be reduced or stopped, your other benefits can be reduced instead. '

Note Sanctionable benefit only refers to reduction or loss

It does not state that prosecution or repayment is not allowed.

Familiarise yourself with the Social Security Administrative act and the fraud act

What you are stating has nothing to do with State Pension,(table 2),but (table 1) sanctionable benefits Previously stated "other benefits" attached to State pension maybe adjusted,MAYBE is the operative word

It most certainly does state no action will be forthcoming on state pension holder,on his particular state pension

You are only going off old ground,covered previously ,or are attempting to throw benefits in general into the State Pension discussion. you are making this up on the hoof ,gobbledegook at best,gobbledegook at worst, not a clue

• Like 1
7 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

With regards Sanctionable benefit you are displaying your ignorance

Sanctionable benefits refer to a specific part of legislation which allow the government to apply a form of penalty on such benefits.

The term non sanctionable does not have its ordinary meaning that the benefit cannot be used to pay a penalty.

As an example a pensioner who is imprisoned loses entitlement to state pension.

I really thought an expert from DWP was on hand here,really did,pardon me for my hignorance  lol. 

Give it a rest sunshine, your"ordinary meaning" is a load of stinking horse poo

29 minutes ago, canopus1969 said:

And apart from jumping into the briny and swimming just how can anyone leave the UK without showing their Passport !

The responsibility for UK passport control on departure is delegated to the airlines, you cant fly until you have given them details of your passport.

2 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

And apart from jumping into the briny and swimming just how can anyone leave the UK without showing their Passport !

Seriously canopus1969 ??----the same way 90% of the people (crims)  you read about that are on bail, suddenly appear in Thailand--or other places.

You have part of the UK connected to a foreign country with no boarders & no check points. That may change in a year, but that was the basis of the Good Friday agreement.

Take the plane or ferry to Belfast....bus / car /train etc to the Dublin airport....... Don't even get your feet wet.

Wikipedia

In 2005, in phase with implementation of the 1998 Good Friday Agreement, the last of the border checkpoints was removed.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You show you have one, they don't record your name or passport number.

They do, the 2014 Immigration Act included a requirement for carriers to record details of all passengers  leaving the UK and pass on that information to the UKBA, effectively these exit checks mean information will now be gathered on people leaving by any commercial transport and passed onto the Government, replacing the Embarkation Controls scrapped by a previous administration.

This part of the Act is in addition to the information supplied under API, Advance Passenger Information, requirements, which already recorded the vast majority of those leaving the UK and passed it on.

Immigration Act 2014

embarkation.pdf

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The databases aren't linked, they don't have the staff or the interest.

I will never admit I am living anywhere but in the UK to anyone.

No matter what, even if it meant jail.

You're right, the databases aren't currently linked, though a previous Home Secretary once told me that he planned to work wth Ministerial collegues to ensure that they would be in the near future, to my knowledge that never happened.

I'm not sure that I agree with your view that they don't have an interest, I think they do have and I think it's quite likely there will be a joined up approach sooner ot later, who knows you might be a guinea pig one day.  

• Like 2
14 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Seriously canopus1969 ??----the same way 90% of the people (crims)  you read about that are on bail, suddenly appear in Thailand--or other places.

You have part of the UK connected to a foreign country with no boarders & no check points. That may change in a year, but that was the basis of the Good Friday agreement.

Take the plane or ferry to Belfast....bus / car /train etc to the Dublin airport....... Don't even get your feet wet.

Wikipedia

In 2005, in phase with implementation of the 1998 Good Friday Agreement, the last of the border checkpoints was removed.

Thank you, a somewhat tortuous route but I see where you are coming from

• Like 2

Well boys ! its been an interesting banter and thanks, i do recall that the guy i mentioned rented out the property in the lake district and returned to Pattaya along with access to his updated pension being paid into a UK account, some PA members here may be able to remember the topic wich was many months ago, i am now searching for one way flights for late april  ????  

• Like 2

The new pension scheme was introduced in April 2016 it only entitle individual born after 6April 2016 the new payment was around £150 per week prior to April 2016 you would be on the old rate which was around £125 per week and is now currently around £130 per week on top of this as you live in Thailand it is frozen unless you return to the U.K. on a permanent basis or move to a country that has an agreement with the U.K. it should be noted even if you return to the U.K. for a short holiday whilst you are there you are entitled to the current rate but it’s up to you to call the pensions people and let then know your date of arrival and the date you will be leaving . Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1
On 1/24/2020 at 7:27 PM, saengd said:

As far as I can remember the qualifying week is around 19 September so if you are in the U.K. during that week you are entitled to claim Winter Fuel Allowance