Pattaya shots fired: War on drugs claims another innocent life as police sting goes wrong

webfact

Pattaya shots fired: War on drugs claims another innocent life as police sting goes wrong

8pm1.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

A completely innocent member of the public is dead and two others were seriously injured after a drug sting conducted by the Bang Lamung police ended in disaster. 

The police had tried to arrest 40 year old drug dealer Thanongsak or "Kwang" who had arrived at the sting with his wife Supatra. 

But the dealer got wise and took off alone in his Mitsubishi Triton truck and was pursued through Pattaya by gun toting police. 

They shot out one of his back tires causing him to lose control near a clinic in the Moo 8 area of the city. 

8pm2.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

Careening into cars and motorcycles the Triton ended up smashed into a shop front and a motorcycle with sidecar used for selling meatballs. 

Thanongsak then fled on foot and was arrested along with 300 grams of drugs worth 500,000 baht. 

Dead at the scene was 66 year old motorcycle rider Prasert. His male relative riding pillion was injured. 

Further down the road another innocent motorcyclist was taken to hospital with a broken leg, reported Siam Chon News.

Nong Prue police were on the scene surveying the devastation as a large crowd gathered following the culmination of the chase around 7 pm yesterday evening. 

Source: Siamchon News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-24
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I have no idea what you're on about.

Alcohol is a drug. Marijuana is a drug. Doesn't matter what they're "sold as."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_(drug)

The fact that they're derived differently doesn't change the fact they're both drugs. And I wasn't expressing any opinion on the merits of one vs the other.

You wrote sold as.

If you didn't write sold as we would not be here discussing it.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I wonder if the arrest of the this drugdealer warrants the dead of the bystanders. I mean this could have been handled far better by the police. I doubt they officers will get any punishment. 

I wonder if the dealing of drugs and doing a high speed runner from the police warrants the death of a bystander?  I doubt that the police officers are due any punishment.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1