Pattaya shots fired: War on drugs claims another innocent life as police sting goes wrong

webfact

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

The story is about a drug addict who ran from the cops.  Alcohol wasn't even mentioned.

Actually the story is about a dealer who ran from the cops,"drug addict" wasn't even mentioned.Not sure if you know Steven but many dealers don't use drugs and are in it solely for the money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

I don't mean doctors and pharmacists,  I mean ice addicts, pot heads, heroin users. 

obvious troll putting pot in with pharmaceutical drugs, ice, and heroin. Nonsensical to group medicine with pill pushers (legal or otherwise)

I've been in every major Asian country for long periods worked in the private security bodyguard industry.

Thai police are absolute cowboys sorry. Poorly trained and are operating with no care for small time nobody's risking peoples lives..Reforms are a must.

It should be clear to everyone that the "War on Drugs" is a complete failure, and new tactics are required to help people with addiction and substance abuse problems. Sadly, I'm not surprised to see the assortment of mindless statements condemning all drug abusers with no thought of how they got there or compassion for their state, with some posters even going to the asinine point of saying "Beer good! Drugs bad!". Naively, I find it surprising that such attitudes still exist these days.  

As far as this situation goes, the police used exceptionally poor judgement in their actions. I can understand the initial reaction to pursue their suspect, but considering the time of day and level of activity on the streets, they should have quickly backed off. A high-speed chase was putting the public in a dangerous enough situation, but to use their guns to send the vehicle out of control was well beyond any reasonable judgement. Those involved, and especially the lead officer in this situation should be facing immediate dismissal and criminal charges, perhaps going as far as considering manslaughter.      

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Moti24 said:

Alleviating any ailments and resorting to a daily fix are not the same thing.  Anybody assisting people to join/remain-in the latter group are indeed scum.

Addiction is an ailment, whether it be booze or illicit substances you use to alleviate your symptom.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

Send the dealers/pushers/users/addicts to the Philippines ... they have the right idea on dealing with them. imo

As a poster has already said you have no Knowledge about drug use at all, to throw users and addicts into the same pile as dealers and pushers is simply showing your ignorance on real life, you need to get one really.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

What a great forum TF seems to be for people to vent such appalling things about very sick people! Drug users are sick people, very sick people not scum.

It's what their addiction makes them do to feed it, that produces the animosity.

• Like 1