Water Pump problem. DIY? Meh. Why bother?

SiSePuede419

5 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

How long was the warranty for the paint job on the wall?  :tongue:

Who cares.  I'm not climbing up a ladder and risk injury to get paint all over myself and clothing and inhaling paint fumes.  I did that as a child to make spending money.

I'm an adult now with a real job. Painters tend to be stupid.

By the way, do you use Zero VOC paint?

Hey if you enjoy inhaling toxic fumes in order to save 150B, knock yourself out.  Literally. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5

Interesting the Hitachi pump you installed , outs lasted 14 months, the electronics package failed so it just kept operating and overheating. The  warranty for is 5 years, but that is ONLY the motor; nothing else on the pump, no electrics, valves etc. Its just be sent to Bangkok for repairs 4,500 baht and 45 days????

We installed the Danish Grundfos instead while other is being fixed. Normally 20,000 baht we got it for 13,000 baht in CNX. Warranty is 10 years on the pump and 2 years for all other parts. Think about what you have done so far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NilSS said:

Becasue if you want anything done properly here you DIY

I have had lots of jobs done around the house over the years, and have not had a bad one yet, everything from building an extension to electrical work around the house, everything done to myself and the wifes satisfaction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sletraveler said:

For some of us we DI ourselves because we enjoy it.  Helps with being productive and deriving some satisfaction from a job well done.   But with cheap labor can certainly be choosy about what projects are best done by someone else. 

Well said. I enjoy working on my jet skis, and dirt bike, now for the Honda Click, always take to the local shop. 

Edited by Billpro785

46 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

done to myself and the wifes satisfaction.

tells  you  nothing at all except  maybe your standards are low....many a  time I have people recommended with  glowing reports, turn out to be total  <deleted>, and  not  only in Thailand

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have had lots of jobs done around the house over the years, and have not had a bad one yet, everything from building an extension to electrical work around the house, everything done to myself and the wifes satisfaction.

Wow!  You should go buy a lottery ticket.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Wow!  You should go buy a lottery ticket.

Reminds me of a friend  of  mine who owned a  lot of  condos in BKK,  he  would ALWAYS praise the workmen......... they once  fitted a new  door  lock and It  looked to me like theyd  used a  knife and fork to do it

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2020 at 1:20 PM, SiSePuede419 said:

And it only cost 150B for the technician.  He spent several hours, including several trips for parts.  Even installed a bypass in case it fails, making it easier to swap out.

Well an engineer from Danmark wouldn't need several trips for parts...so it finally costs you a day babysitting that 150 baht guy...that's in Danish money the cost of the whole pump.