Entry Denials at UTP (Pattaya-Rayong) / KBV (Krabi) / URT (Surat Thani) Airports

By May of this year, I will have used up my 2 land border entries: The 1st was this month, January, and the 2nd will be in March (back-to-back visa exempt stamps + 30 day extensions). I understand BKK / DMK / CNX / HKT airports have been rife with entry denials/deportations upon arrival for those of us with excessive stamps. Can anybody give any experience of entry denials at UTP (Pattaya), KBV (Krabi), or URT (Surat Thani)? All 3 of these airports have direct international flights from either Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.

US citizen. Thanks all.

You could apply for a tourist visa instead of using you last visa exempt entry at land border crossings. That would give you 90 days of total stay by extending your 60 day entry for 30 days.

Krabi is not good. No reports of problems at others you mentioned and you could add Hat Yai or Hua Hin to your list.

• Like 1

There have been bad reports from Krabi. There have been positive reports from U-Tapao. I am not aware of recent feedback from Surat Thani. In my opinion, it is unwise to try to enter visa exempt at any airport with an extensive recent history of tourist entries, but U-Tapao would be my choice if I did decide to take the risk.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a tourist visa instead of using you last visa exempt entry at land border crossings. That would give you 90 days of total stay by extending your 60 day entry for 30 days.

Krabi is not good. No reports of problems at others you mentioned and you could add Hat Yai or Hua Hin to your list.

I was denied a tourist visa at Savannakhet last September (2019). It was with my old passport which was packed full of 6 years worth of visas/stamps/extensions, however I understand now that even with a new passport they can still look up my history using biometrics (I know folks claim the embassies/consulates can't look up your info yet but I still don't want to take the risk). So long story short, I don't want to bother with even trying for another tourist visa. I'm only planning to stay until May or July this year anyway then will be out of the country rest of 2020.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

There have been bad reports from Krabi. There have been positive reports from U-Tapao. I am not aware of recent feedback from Surat Thani. In my opinion, it is unwise to try to enter visa exempt at any airport with an extensive recent history of tourist entries, but U-Tapao would be my choice if I did decide to take the risk.

This is good to hear, considering UTP is by far my 1st choice given my current location. But you're right, it's still a risk regardless, so I'm not sure if I will bother staying in the country past May.

20 minutes ago, craigOB said:

This is good to hear, considering UTP is by far my 1st choice given my current location. But you're right, it's still a risk regardless, so I'm not sure if I will bother staying in the country past May.

If you decide to fly in, make sure that you have everything that they might ask for: a flight out within 30 days, a hotel booking, cash.

Even at U-Tapao, they might question you, but you have a better chance to pass than let's say at Bangkok's airports if you can give satisfactory answers.

Edited by Caldera

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

If you decide to fly in, make sure that you have everything that they might ask for: a flight out within 30 days, a hotel booking, cash.

Even at U-Tapao, they might question you, but you have a better chance to pass than let's say at Bangkok's airports if you can give satisfactory answers.

Absolutely, thanks for these reminders.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What's wrong with Krabi International Airport? Are SETV/METV tourists being denied there now?

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

What's wrong with Krabi International Airport? Are SETV/METV tourists being denied there now?

There have been reports of them denying entry. It has been a while but it may of been done mostly for visa exempt entries.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been reports 

Yeah well, I don't believe anything i read from these new posters every day anymore.

As far as I am concerned, the forum has lost all credibility a few years ago, when clickbait fake type of posting was allowed to go on, and still is.

Have a look at the OP also.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lkv said:

Yeah well, I don't believe anything i read from these new posters every day anymore.

The OP has been a member for almost 3 and half years. You cannot always go by the number of posts done,

4 minutes ago, lkv said:

As far as I am concerned, the forum has lost all credibility a few years ago, when clickbait fake type of posting was allowed to go on, and still is.

That is just your opinion. There have been only a few that were anywhere near questionable.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is just your opinion. There have been only a few that were anywhere near questionable.

And that is also just your opinion.

9 out of 10 of the rejection reports here are "questionable" in my opinion, along with many of "what should I do, many others get rejected, I have read about it on the forum, please help" and so on posts, which only accentuate distorting reality.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, as I am to mine.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, lkv said:

9 out of 10 of the rejection reports here are "questionable" in my opinion, along with many of "what should I do, many others get rejected, I have read about it on the forum, please help" and so on posts, which only accentuate distorting reality.

I actually know of many real rejections that have never been reported here, as most people do not have any account on this site + neither see a reason to report it here. Would say the odds are much bigger that more people are being rejected than we get to know here than that it are less or fake reports.

The same counts for near visa refusals at embassies and straight up denials of applications.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 1/24/2020 at 1:34 PM, ubonjoe said:

And Koh Samui