Social Security 432 baht/month

Neeranam

After stopping work last Oct, I asked to continue the health insurance of 432 baht a month.

Yesterday, I went to hospital and they made me pay, saying that the health insurance had stopped.

I called Bangkok today and they said I could continue payments and coincidentally just received and SMS, saying money has been taken from my account.

They also said that I couldn't get a card, which seems strange.

Also, I heard that the first 6 months after stopping work, the insurance was still valid.

Has anyone any advice on how to get free treatment the next time?

your SSO is valid 6 month after your employment has finished, free health care is provided at your dedicated government hospital only, they don't issue any cards anymore, you need to present your SSO member number or the barcode from the SSO mobile APP (which shows the name of your dedicated hospital) at the registration/hospital

Edited by MrJ

6 hours ago, BigStar said:

Get a yellow book & pink card, go to SSO and update your records with those, then you can use the pink card as your insurance card.

I already gave them those things.

I went to the office today and they said that the hospital was wrong, and offered me the refund.

They said they would send me a new card by post.

8 hours ago, MrJ said:

your SSO is valid 6 month after your employment has finished, free health care is provided at your dedicated government hospital only, they don't issue any cards anymore, you need to present your SSO member number or the barcode from the SSO mobile APP (which shows the name of your dedicated hospital) at the registration/hospital

They did me I could do it forever, but have to pay for the first 6 months. 

They do issue cards. They said they sent my previous work a card. My colleagues got one but I didn't as I never taped to my boss. They said my new card would take around a month as they have to get it from Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I already gave them those things.

I went to the office today and they said that the hospital was wrong, and offered me the refund.

They said they would send me a new card by post.

After I updated my details at the office, I tried to use my old card with my same number I've had for years. Hospital wouldn't accept it, said it had expired. Talked to SSO and they said they no longer issue cards but to use my pink card--and the number on that card. They might have just told me that when I was there, but they didn't and just handed me back my old card.

17 hours ago, MrJ said:

they don't issue any cards anymore

Do be checking your mail then.

9 hours ago, BigStar said:

After I updated my details at the office, I tried to use my old card with my same number I've had for years. Hospital wouldn't accept it, said it had expired. Talked to SSO and they said they no longer issue cards but to use my pink card--and the number on that card. They might have just told me that when I was there, but they didn't and just handed me back my old card.

Do be checking your mail then.

Some people don't have pink cards.

They definitely do issue plastic cards now instead of the paper ones, probably just couldn't be bothered, like my office, until I insisted on checking with a more senior person.