BANGKOK
Hiambruno

Marijuana possession case..

I did my extension of visa for 30 more days it lasts till 24 February but I mean in my case am I going to jail and I getting deported or sentenced?😟😟

• Haha 1

I don't think you will go to jail. Good luck.

• Thanks 2

You should have negotiated their offer to a much lower one.

There is a chance you could go to jail from what I know of the law. But, to answer your question why would anyone on here positively know the end result?

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hiambruno said:

I did my extension of visa for 30 more days it lasts till 24 February but I mean in my case am I going to jail and I getting deported or sentenced?😟😟

The penalty for possession for personal use is widely stated as imprisonment of between 1-5 years and a fine of between 20,000-100,000 Baht, although possession of a small amount is likely to get just a fine. 

I don't believe deportation is automatic.

• Haha 1

Just now, Just Weird said:

The penalty for possession for personal use is widely stated as imprisonment of between 1-5 years and a fine of between 20,000-100,000 Baht, although possession of a small amount is likely to get just a fine. 

I don't believe deportation is automatic.

I’m really freaking out and I don’t want to go to jail guys seriously I was thinking about leaving without a passport but that will cause me even more problems and I’m really stressed ...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hiambruno said:

I’m really freaking out and I don’t want to go to jail guys seriously I was thinking about leaving without a passport but that will cause me even more problems and I’m really stressed ...

That's understandable but you only have two choices, wait for court or negotiate something with the police, both of which will cost you.

You could do the no-passport escape, as some poster suggested, but I doubt whether that is easy unless you have the contacts, and that will cost you also.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rhodie said:

Just try relax mate. Not easy I know. Hopefully someone will come along with some first hand experience. Lately things seem to be a lot less draconian than years gone by.

I’m trying to relax but as much closer it gets as harder it is to calm down ..

• Like 1