Marijuana possession case..

Just now, rhodie said:

Lowest I have heard for a drugs case. That's a good sign.

They told me my case is nothing crazy but you know it’s not always the same and depends on the mood and things like that.. and made me freak out cause I’ve been through a lot since I’ve been here and my dream coming to Thailand is almost a nightmare..

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

15k is very little. Probably a slap on the wrist and fine. So doesn't sound like the inquiry officer was trying to get you to confess or the prosecutor scare mongering you. And you are lucky that it was downgraded as a really serious thing, but the catch is you have to have a doctors cert and it has to be from an authorized dealer. Not from the street type. I wouldn't worry so much.

Slap on the wrist like deportation or something,apart from the fine ?

• Like 1

Some people might think it's strange getting searched which is unusual, I have lived here a long time and I know what goes on the dealer will have his contacts also you maybe got setup.

Bye the way I have been stopped but never searched only looked through the boot of my car once I was aware they could plant something in there

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, rhodie said:

Once paperwork has been done, I don't think he can negotiate his way out.

Once you are in the so called system as you say there is no way out, Ive seen that happen to a couple of guys who were capable of buying their way out, funny thing is only one of them got deported, TIT 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hiambruno said:

Ohhh so I should be okay you guys think ?????

Nobody can know the outcome, but from what you have provided, I really think you will get a fine and let go. 15k for bail is really low.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

you will likely walk with a fine, there is very little upside to sending you to jail

Well,  it certainly sends a message not to come here and illegally purchase and possess drugs.

Also, the sentence is decretionary.  So, if for some reason that decision maker does not like young people coming here and doing illegal drug activity, they could be harser then some think.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, rhodie said:

Once paperwork has been done, I don't think he can negotiate his way out.

Always possible if you have enough money, but it does not sound like he has, should have offered 2k at the start. Sellers often tip off the cops of course and all are looking for a payday.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Well,  it certainly sends a message not to come here and illegally purchase and possess drugs.

Totally agree he should have walked into a shop in Bangers and purchased it legally as others have done.Maybe next time.It will be interesting to hear how it works out.I hope it goes well and they show that the courts are willing to downgrade the severity of penalties to show a move towards accepting and tolerating the use and consumption of cannabis.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

A few days Jail is probably the least of your concern. You say your a part time Barrister. With a conviction if it's notified to the Greek Embassy, and a jail term will be, I would guess that's the end of that career.

I already did myself I informed the consulate I didn’t had any problem with that but they couldn’t help me .. and I already lost my job and 6months of my school ..

Edited by Hiambruno
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

A few days Jail is probably the least of your concern. You say your a part time Barrister. With a conviction if it's notified to the Greek Embassy, and a jail term will be, I would guess that's the end of that career.

I thought he said barista!

• Haha 2

Don't worry, you will just get a cheap fine. But you should have been smarter and accepted to pay the cops less. 20000 could have done it. Look, how much are you paying now since you have to stay in Thailand to wait for court ? you have been wrong but don't worry anyway, you will be free and deported )be ready to pay for your plane ticket).

Next time smoke it on the beach but don't carry it anywhere, this is what I have been safely doing for 15 years ❤️

• Confused 1