Marijuana possession case..

14 minutes ago, happysanook said:

Excellent idea. You can get a Dr's note. Ridiculously, it's just supposed to be for the oil, but could help your case. I think unlikely you'll do any time in jail.

So sorry to hear this situation over weed, or any drug for that matter, but for weed it's just retarded this is even a thing. <deleted> Earth.

Yeah, I actually wasn't joking. Stress and anxiety and the need for medication to calm down. 

Can I suggest you calm down before you end up doing something silly . You have been caught with a very small amount and with that in mind I believe you will only end up with a fine . The amount of money the police were asking is crazy . I had a friend a few years back who was caught with a similar amount the police wanted 100,000 baht he said no and went to the court in Samui who fine him 30,000 baht he didn’t even get deported or a stamp in his passport . Go to court plead guilty and say it was for your own personnel use and take your punishment .Do the crime Do the time I hope you get away with a fine Good Luck 

13 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Don't worry, you will just get a cheap fine. But you should have been smarter and accepted to pay the cops less. 20000 could have done it. Look, how much are you paying now since you have to stay in Thailand to wait for court ? you have been wrong but don't worry anyway, you will be free and deported )be ready to pay for your plane ticket).

Next time smoke it on the beach but don't carry it anywhere, this is what I have been safely doing for 15 years ❤️

Great advice. Your story will be totally different then, right? 

• Haha 1

When you go to court you will probably get sentenced to a smaller fine like 5000 baht. The biggest problem is that after court they will take you to immigration and you will be deported and not allowed entering Thailand for a while. It's too late for negotiations now. That is something you should have done with the police that caught you. Now when it's gone this far there's a lot of people who want a piece of the pie.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Can I suggest you calm down before you end up doing something silly . You have been caught with a very small amount and with that in mind I believe you will only end up with a fine . The amount of money the police were asking is crazy . I had a friend a few years back who was caught with a similar amount the police wanted 100,000 baht he said no and went to the court in Samui who fine him 30,000 baht he didn’t even get deported or a stamp in his passport . Go to court plead guilty and say it was for your own personnel use and take your punishment .Do the crime Do the time I hope you get away with a fine Good Luck 

The problem with your post is " a few years back." Nothing is as it was a few years back.

When people on a two day overstay get arrested and deported, it looks a bit different, doesn't it? 

1 hour ago, Aussiepeter said:

I lived in Thailand for twenty-five years and I saw it all. I am sure that you will simply be fined for such a tiny amount. If they deport you (and I doubt that they will), just go with the flow and chill out on Tinos ,or any other cheap island back home for a while. I speak Greek (and Thai) very well and lived in Athens over thirty years ago, when finishing my law-major degree at the Deree College. I know why you are stressing - the penalties in Greece for possession of even a bit of weed are huge. It is nothing like that in statute law here. Stop stressing and let your lawyer do their job. As others have said, dress neatly, no long hair, be polite and all will end well - "ohi problemo" (no problem). You can also have a laugh, on me. On his last day in Greece in 1988, my then 13 y.o. son got a bag of "canabouri" (cannabis seeds) from the supermarket (they are sold as parrot food in Greece and are legal) and he scattered them all through the gardens in our wealthy Greek suburb. He only told me at the airport - in the following spring it sprouted all over the place. Kept the gardeners busy, pulling it all out to avoid the "Astynomia" (police). "Stini Yassas" (Cheers mate) !

Bless you seriously my worry right now is going home only I don’t mind getting deported if it’s the only solution would be a blessing to be back home that’s all I need right now I had my lesson an punishment and I’m seriously regretting it for sure but I can’t change what I did so I’ll have to face it and take responsibility I will just go Infront of the judge tell him how I feel tell him the truth and hopefully I will go home safe ???? guys you have no idea how thankful I am everyone is really instantly responding and advising me thank you all I will let you know what this comes to an end ... ????????

• Like 2

On 1/24/2020 at 3:30 PM, rhodie said:

Once paperwork has been done, I don't think he can negotiate his way out.

I think you are right , the negotiation period was the 3 days at the police station . After the courtdate is set your in the system no more negotiation . 

I feel for you sir, I think it is ridiculous that weed is illegal, and I am against any other drug except mushrooms. Safe and healthy, mother nature's gift if you ask me. I wish you get the most lenient sentencing possible, and I would be terrified in your shoes. 

Please consult a lawyer; and I think it is excellent advise to try to get a doctors script. In fact, you might even want to be upfront with them, and you might find a very sympathetic doctor who is willing to even stand up for you if you are lucky, or thrown out the door to the next one. 

I think you should have tried to pay 10,000 baht when caught, and been happy to depart with 20,000 for avoiding being in the legal system. Now that you are there, stay cool. This would terrify me beyond words, but I would be planning the best way to go about fixing this with minimal damage, and the lawyer and doctor will help, even if it is just a script. 

Look clean, don't try to run or anything that is poor risk/reward. The lawyer will let you know what you are facing, and if I had to guess I would say you face a not-too-expensive fine and possibly deportation, and worst case up to a month in IDC jail while that is processing. Just a guess on the last part -- but prepare for it and do whatever you can to stay sane and prepared for the trial, and follow a lawyers advice.

It is rare for a fine to be more than bail. Your fine will almost certainly be less than 15,000 Baht, maybe up to 10,000 Baht. You will not face imprisonment for this charge.

Deportation (and 4 or 5 nights in a hot and crowded immigration cell while fights are arranged) is a possibility following your court hearing. If you do not have funds for a direct flight it could take longer.

However, as others have suggested, the risk of deportation is low especially if you have been well behaved and appear sincerely repentant.

• Thanks 1

My Buddy got caught with 12g 5 days in jail until bailout it was weekend , he went to video court 3,000 b 4 days community service , probation for two years, No Jail except first few days, concrete floors rats, he said food ok from local vendor, plus friends brought him stuff, water cokes coffee anything really not really checked , This happened in Isaan, go get a medical pot certificate for insomnia my buddy submitted his CA medical ganja license to show he had medical issues, 200baht can’t go wrong, he didn’t get a lawyer 

Edited by Ireland32

On 1/24/2020 at 4:09 PM, Isaanbiker said:

Don't you know a Thai person who could talk to them on your behalf?

Nobody here can tell you how the story will end, but you should be aware that all has changed in a very negative way.

I recall a guy who worked here as a teacher who got caught with a few grams, but he only paid 5, or 7 K and the problem was gone.

You should have tried to pay a lower fine when you got arrested, it's quite obvious that the seller was either a cop, or working for them.

That happens every day.

Now all you can do is to show that you've understood that you made a huge mistake. When you go to court, be well dressed, shaved, never speak loud and tell them the truth and say sorry. ( The right Wai!)

A few years ago, such things were never a reason for deportation, but in a country where people get arrested for a one day overstay, I'd think twice what would be if...............................???

Use the time now and discuss your situation with the lawyer, promise him to give him a few baht more if he can help you. Try to find out through your lawyer if there's a chance that they could deport you.

Mention that you're a sportsman and you have never taken any drugs in your life before. Tell them that you were drunk and you never wanted to break any laws in this country.

Show remorse and they might let you get away with even less money to pay.

Best of luck!

It’s done on video in Isaan, no court,  wear nice shirt 

10 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Immigration can be the problem if you don’t want To be deported 

Honestly right now I’m not bothered coming back for the next 4-5 years so a deportation it’s okay for me I just wanna leave ASAP home ..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hiambruno said:

Honestly right now I’m not bothered coming back for the next 4-5 years so a deportation it’s okay for me I just wanna leave ASAP home ..

I haven't posted on your thread but have followed. Really sorry for your situation. 

As some positive guys have posted previously, try chill and let it unfold. You will go to court. IMHO forget any excuse.

The "I'm very sorry and accept I did stupid thing" etc best gig.

Try keep forum informed outcome. Maybe someone will give support if detained. Thinking you will just get a fine.

21 minutes ago, Hiambruno said:

Seems like you should be fine. Please post the result of the court appearance. I hope it all works out well for you.

On 1/25/2020 at 1:59 PM, Just Weird said:

There are shops in Bangkok where pot for smoking can be bought legally?  Where?

2nd fl. Indra Square Mall,Thanon Phaya Thai,Ratchatewi,Bangkok.

Type in Medical Cannabis Shop into google maps and go from there.I can recommend the THC oil.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you reported your presence to your embassy/consulate yet?  As this is a drug offense and very minor, they will provide no help, HOWEVER, if something does go wrong during your trial and you somehow disappear into the Thai legal/jail system, they will know you are in Thailand and inquire about you.  This is just a back-up insurance policy that will likely never be needed.

Consult with a local lawyer immediately. Ask the lawyer about this possibility: Medical marijuana is apparently now legal in Thailand with a prescription. Ask if you should find a doctor who will prescribe it to you and then use this documentation to bolster your case. A signed and stamped document showing that you have a prescription (even after the fact) will likely be seen favorably by the court.

8 minutes ago, slammma said:

Consult with a local lawyer immediately. Ask the lawyer about this possibility: Medical marijuana is apparently now legal in Thailand with a prescription. Ask if you should find a doctor who will prescribe it to you and then use this documentation to bolster your case. A signed and stamped document showing that you have a prescription (even after the fact) will likely be seen favorably by the court.

Mate it’s one day before court they’ll ask me why I didn’t show them before ..

On 1/24/2020 at 3:28 PM, Hiambruno said:

I’m trying to relax but as much closer it gets as harder it is to calm down ..

If you have trouble relaxing, then try marijuana  some meditation or go jogging around the island. Do you have a girlfriend there?

• Like 2