Marijuana possession case..

On 1/26/2020 at 1:00 PM, Aussiepeter said:

I lived in Thailand for twenty-five years and I saw it all. I am sure that you will simply be fined for such a tiny amount. If they deport you (and I doubt that they will), just go with the flow and chill out on Tinos ,or any other cheap island back home for a while. I speak Greek (and Thai) very well and lived in Athens over thirty years ago, when finishing my law-major degree at the Deree College. I know why you are stressing - the penalties in Greece for possession of even a bit of weed are huge. It is nothing like that in statute law here. Stop stressing and let your lawyer do their job. As others have said, dress neatly, no long hair, be polite and all will end well - "ohi problemo" (no problem). You can also have a laugh, on me. On his last day in Greece in 1988, my then 13 y.o. son got a bag of "canabouri" (cannabis seeds) from the supermarket (they are sold as parrot food in Greece and are legal) and he scattered them all through the gardens in our wealthy Greek suburb. He only told me at the airport - in the following spring it sprouted all over the place. Kept the gardeners busy, pulling it all out to avoid the "Astynomia" (police). "Stini Yassas" (Cheers mate) !

The bird seeds that they are selling are not cannabis sativa rather the cannabis used for making ropes, clothes etc.

It's nothing to smoke, just leave it for the birds. Katalavennis ?

4 minutes ago, milys said:

The bird seeds that they are selling are not cannabis sativa rather the cannabis used for making ropes, clothes etc.

It's nothing to smoke, just leave it for the birds. Katalavennis ?

Hemp? I am sure my father used the seeds as fishing bait years ago.

You are probably OK.  I'm sure we have all had our scares in life, 99% in our home country.  Don't worry, we all play games thinking we will never get caught.  Yea, you had some bad luck but I think it's just a wake-up call to make better decisions when traveling.  I think you will be fine, so I wish you luck in the future.  I've heard a million stories of farangs doing worse things in Thailand, but you got caught.  really, this might be a good thing since you will learn.  they didn't learn.  even if it's a dumb law or whatever, anyhow... late

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

i went thro similar in '97 for possession.  the lawyer turned up on the day of court date and offered to take me thro it all for half my bail money. i agreed.

you need to avoid being deported.  being deported means being held in captivity, shipped up to IDC in BKK for putting on to a flight.  could take 7 days or so for all paperwork etc, and IDC aint nice!!

do you best to get your lawyer to ensure you arent deported - and everything is concluded 2mo

good luck

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 12:04 PM, Just Weird said:

That shop does not legally sell pot for smoking and the oil that you refer to can only be obtained legally in Thailand from licenced clinics with a doctors prescription.

That clinic has a doctor that issues prescriptions,Not sure about the legalities of the clinic but it's not hard to find and would not be difficult for the authorities to shut it down if it was illegalI also put the oil in the pot category as euphoric effects can be achieved by smoking it through a bong and I'm also not sure about the legalities of my bong either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hiambruno said:

Got fined 2,500b from court no sentence currently awaiting to go to the police .. I’m not sure if I get deported or not ..

Fingers crossed then.Good luck.You naughty naughty boy.Thanks very much for sharing you experience it is very informative well done.

24 minutes ago, Hiambruno said:

Got fined 2,500b from court no sentence currently awaiting to go to the police .. I’m not sure if I get deported or not ..

Did you get your passport back? If so then you should be clear and ok. If they take you to immigration sounds like deportation. But I wouldn't think so. Only a fine and maybe be a good boy for 2 years hopefully. 

Just now, holy cow cm said:

Did you get your passport back? If so then you should be clear and ok. If they take you to immigration sounds like deportation. But I wouldn't think so. Only a fine and maybe be a good boy for 2 years hopefully. 

They didn’t gave my passport yet I smell like a payday negotiaton with the plc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hiambruno said:

Yeah who knows. As long as you get your passport back and nothing else except for a tip to the boys if they ask is not so bad. Anything so you do not go to immigration, but I thought  that would have only been if they jailed you rather than only giving you a fine.. 

19 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

That clinic has a doctor that issues prescriptions,Not sure about the legalities of the clinic but it's not hard to find and would not be difficult for the authorities to shut it down if it was illegalI also put the oil in the pot category as euphoric effects can be achieved by smoking it through a bong and I'm also not sure about the legalities of my bong either.

Are you talking about the GPO THC Cannabis Oil (5 ml)? It's 1.7% THC, and requires sublingual application (olive or vegetable oil base). Are you really smoking this in a bong?

https://ccd.moph.go.th/report/web/index.php?r=rpt%2Fdrug%2Fdruguse

"Real" concentrates require a nail/dab-rig (and a torch) for your bong.

37 minutes ago, Hiambruno said:

Did you get back the balance of the bail/bond you posted? 

In this recent thread, the young woman was asked for a 60,000 fee to expedite her deportation.

Edited by mtls2005

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah who knows. As long as you get your passport back and nothing else except for a tip to the boys if they ask is not so bad. Anything so you do not go to immigration, but I thought  that would have only been if they jailed you rather than only giving you a fine.. 

well you know here is a lot of up and down here brother so we’ll get to see now I’ll keep you guys updated and I hope this is a great lesson for me and information for the next one like me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hiambruno said:

Thanks for following up with us. Glad to hear the sentence was lenient. It's quite true that you do not want to spend even an hour in IDC. Not speaking from personal experience, but I have read about some seriously rough stuff in there. You are not quite out of the woods yet. Best of luck!

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Are you talking about the GPO THC Cannabis Oil (5 ml)? It's 1.7% THC, and requires sublingual application (olive or vegetable oil base). Are you really smoking this in a bong?

https://ccd.moph.go.th/report/web/index.php?r=rpt%2Fdrug%2Fdruguse

"Real" concentrates require a nail/dab-rig (and a torch) for your bong.

Did you get back the balance of the bail/bond you posted? 

No mate nothing back I just paid my fine and they let me go 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hiambruno said:

No mate nothing back I just paid my fine and they let me go 

So the 15,000 Bail? Gone? 5,000 for the lawyer? 2,500 for the fine.

They let you go? You mean "the court"? It sounded like you were in police custody still?

On 1/24/2020 at 3:17 PM, Hiambruno said:

I’m really freaking out and I don’t want to go to jail guys seriously I was thinking about leaving without a passport but that will cause me even more problems and I’m really stressed ...

Ride the stress out with some good weed. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bedfont said:

The Thai authorities now recognize and allow marijuana use for medical reasons. Maybe a letter from a doctor would get you off the hook. If need be I can put you in touch with a doctor in the US>

Way too late now and your implication that he lie and commit fraud to get out of it is shameful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

No this is not the GPO THC cannabis oil though they are 5ml bottles and I would put the THC oil from the shop with the Thai sticks of old in regards to THC strength and with my reduced tolerances it's good enough for now until the new laws about cultivating come out in March and yes I am smoking it through a bong mixed with tobacco but I much prefer to smoke it in weed form.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

No this is not the GPO THC cannabis oil though they are 5ml bottles and I would put the THC oil from the shop with the Thai sticks of old in regards to THC strength and with my reduced tolerances it's good enough for now until the new laws about cultivating come out in March and yes I am smoking it through a bong mixed with tobacco but I much prefer to smoke it in weed form.

Paint the oil on to a cigarette paper and roll a cigarette. Works fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So the 15,000 Bail? Gone? 5,000 for the lawyer? 2,500 for the fine.

They let you go? You mean "the court"? It sounded like you were in police custody still?

Well basically they give me one day cause I suppose to go today to immigration but I think they need a tip to give me my passport cause they’re the ones choosing for it I’d j get deported kr not 

1 hour ago, Hiambruno said:

They should have returned your bail money.

Normal practise is to deduct fine from bail, then hand the rest back.

I think you'll find they gave it to your lawyer, ask him for it back else he'll keep it.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1