Merc or Beemer

SoSoCNX

19 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

So wrong.

Find me a good Jap car that has a turbo and 300hp but still look luxurious and not just sporty.

all cheap charlies talking about what they have no idea always make laugh.

I have never driven a Jap car more than just trying them and going back to German cars.

Sure people around the world, even in US, buy German cars because they are bad.

So funny... hahaha...

Don't worry about the German cars !

It's the normal rant saying it's only for loosers trying to look HiSo etc, it makes them sleep better at night, let it be.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

I think that it's only the CLA that is front wheel drive... all C class, E class, and S class Benz sedans sold in Thailand are rear wheel drive unless you special order the new 4L V8 63S AMG versions with AWD (although you can put them into RWD - drift mode).

The CLS, SLK, and CLK are rear wheel drive too.

Don't know about the new A class.

yes only the $hit benz are front wheel drive. Nobody not totally insane qould buy them.

a real benz is RWD and must be a C-class at least...

9 hours ago, bkmbkk said:

My friends 520d has covered 350 K Km without a breakdown or anything unusual , still goes strong. His car is in Turkey but I don't think that makes a difference.

Have many similar stories from people I talk to.

It sounds like you have been unlucky beoynd normal for these cars.

How dare you come in here and rain on the German car bashing parade........that is not nice of you, totally not!  

19 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

For which model?

The majority of MB's on the roads in Thailand are 2WD as in rear WD.

The 2020 2 wheel drive A class is front wheel drive, I believe a 4 wheel drive is available which will drive the front and rear wheels...????

On 2/2/2020 at 1:13 AM, bkmbkk said:

My friends 520d has covered 350 K Km without a breakdown or anything unusual , still goes strong. His car is in Turkey but I don't think that makes a difference.

Have many similar stories from people I talk to.

It sounds like you have been unlucky beoynd normal for these cars.

That's not surprising. The problem in Thailand is that most people only do maintenance when things break down, disregarding preventative maintenance for end of life components and normal wear and tear.

I had an Alfa Romeo here in Thailand for 8 years, never broke down, never towed or been on a slide and I drove it up and down the country regularly.

If the person plans on owning the BMW/Merc for the long run, maintain it properly and it will last like any Japanese/Korean and give very good return for your money in terms of comfort and driving pleasure for years.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 10:53 AM, rambling said:

That's not surprising. The problem in Thailand is that most people only do maintenance when things break down, disregarding preventative maintenance for end of life components and normal wear and tear.

I had an Alfa Romeo here in Thailand for 8 years, never broke down, never towed or been on a slide and I drove it up and down the country regularly.

If the person plans on owning the BMW/Merc for the long run, maintain it properly and it will last like any Japanese/Korean and give very good return for your money in terms of comfort and driving pleasure for years.

Yer, my faithful Benz is 55years old and still rollin.

Best cars in the world.