Entry to Thailand

Hi all

I am wondering when would be a good time that i can fly into BKK rather than land entry after my recent trip.  I am back in the UK and in the process of getting a new passport (run out of stamp pages).  

2015 - VE 3 times

2016 - VE 4 times

2017 - Same

2018 - 6 VE and at the end got SETV in Dec 2018

2019 - Left to UK for a week, with a re-entry plus 30 day extension

- At the end of SETV, went to Saigon for 2 days and reapplied SETV.

- Extended SETV with Re-Entry after going to HK for a few days.

- Did 1 day border run for VE and then extended for 30 days

- Overstayed by 1 day but IO didnt say much or i get fined.  Just say let off in the passport.  Left August 4th 2019

- Sept - SETV in NYC and entered BKK.  Was questioned and i said for a holiday and showed my return ticket.  Happily let me in.  Left after 2.5 weeks in LOS back to UK

- Nov - Entry to Laos and went via Land Border crossing.  Extended for 30 days.  Overstayed for 11 hours but didnt get fined but something written in thai which i cant work out.

There is no right answer to your question. Entering with a visa even now would have a good chance of success, and using a visa is definitely better (albeit no guarantee) whatever time you decide to risk returning via Suvarnabhumi. If you want to return visa exempt, I would recommend you wait a full year before trying. If you are fly from your home country, with a visa and flight out within 60 days, I rate your chances excellent after six months away.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

There is no right answer to your question. Entering with a visa even now would have a good chance of success, and using a visa is definitely better (albeit no guarantee) whatever time you decide to risk returning via Suvarnabhumi. If you want to return visa exempt, I would recommend you wait a full year before trying. If you are fly from your home country, with a visa and flight out within 60 days, I rate your chances excellent after six months away.

So if i want to enter within 2-3 months via air.  My best bet would be getting SETV and chances are high i be fine?