Ford Ranger question.

NE1

Just lately when I start the vehicle I get 5 clicks from behind or near the glove box.

Then they return intermittently as I am driving. Some times not for half an hour , sometimes after 10 minutes.

Always 5 short clicks.

Any ideas please......There are no warning lights and the vehicle drives okay.

22 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Does it do it with the  air con turned off ?

Had the same on my Everest a few months ago.

Went to Ford and explained the problem. The mechanic knew what it was immediately. Made appointment for next day and it was fixed within 2 hours.

A part was changed in behind the dash, up behind the glovebox area. I was still under warranty so was free. Hope it helps

• Like 1

Just now, thainet said:

Had the same on my Everest a few months ago.

Went to Ford and explained the problem. The mechanic knew what it was immediately. Made appointment for next day and it was fixed within 2 hours.

A part was changed in behind the dash, up behind the glovebox area. I was still under warranty so was free. Hope it helps

Too late to take it in Friday , tel. them , closed Sat. Sun.

It is a 100 klm round trip to the nearest Ford dealer.

So I thought it might have been a quick fix.

Having said that , I went out this morning 15 - 20 klms. Only clicked on ignition turn and no other time .

Very confusing.

3 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Too late to take it in Friday , tel. them , closed Sat. Sun.

It is a 100 klm round trip to the nearest Ford dealer.

So I thought it might have been a quick fix.

Having said that , I went out this morning 15 - 20 klms. Only clicked on ignition turn and no other time .

Very confusing.

Ok last time (you don't need to post about it anymore). They (FORD) know the problem, so just take it to the dealer when you have time and get the part changed out. 

(PS. It is not a safety issue. Took me a few months to get the time to take it into the shop, so make the trip when you have a spare day).  Cheers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thainet said:

Don't know for sure, but believe it was possibly something to do with the fan area in the aircon ducting behind the dash.

Right, .... so your waffle to the OP is a wank then as his issue may be different.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Right, .... so your waffle to the OP is a wank then as his issue may be different.

For a Titanium member you are a bit of an idiot. This post nicely answered your question and was a bit more information from my first post. Waste of time answering d...s like you.

Sounds like a dodgy relay clicking. You should be able to tell which one by listening close to the relays in the fuse box or touching them with your finger as someone else turns the ignition on. Might be possible swap it with one that isn't important such as heated rear window.

Edited by Lancashirelad
  • Like 1

What NanLaew says

I've replaced the same component on my 2013 Wildtrack 3 times now.

Not a clicking sound, when the truck is turned off you can still hear a venting sound, turn ignition on and off and then it stops.

• Like 1

Gotta love'em....Ford just rung the Mrs. asked her if everything was okay with the new item fitted yesterday and if i was pleased with the service ?

She said " yes he said everything was good ".

So Ford asked , " if I send a customer satisfaction form by e mail to your husband , will he give us high marks please ". ????

Edited by NE1

On 1/29/2020 at 10:10 AM, NE1 said:

Gotta love'em....Ford just rung the Mrs. asked her if everything was okay with the new item fitted yesterday and if i was pleased with the service ?

She said " yes he said everything was good ".

So Ford asked , " if I send a customer satisfaction form by e mail to your husband , will he give us high marks please ". ????

Be careful of any unsolicited phone calls from Thai chaps that speak good English, know your name and politely ask if you have the time to chat first before identifying themselves as Ford Thailand's Senior VP of sales and then advising you that due to your much appreciated brand loyalty, you will automatically get free services at Ford service centers all over Thailand for as long as you own a Ford vehicle.

So yeah... be very careful out there.

• Like 1