Paying bills help

phka

9 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

But at least that confirms I cannot pay my bills via online banking.

Not quite ... I don't have bills to pay but looking at this site you should be able to do it online from PC. Possibly a bit of messing around to get set up though?

3 hours ago, MikeN said:

and pay your bill by simply presenting your ID 

....and the topic of this thread is that only a Thai ID card is accepted...no passport, no driving license. Fine if you have a recently issued alien ID as they apparently have the required chip, but older cards, and the majority that don’t have the card are not so lucky.

As for paying it by mobile apps, the first thing needed for the PEA “smart” app is a Thai ID to register ! The Krungsri banking app doesn’t have PEA in the payment list for some strange reason so it’s not quite as straightforward for everybody as you might think.

You can use any thai ID to register,your gf's or wife's. I'm lucky, from May last year I can pay my PEA bill without any fees using Kasikorn Banks bank app. Bangkok Bank doesn't have PEA in the payee list. 

54 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

As a Brit ex-pat, I live on my own (no Thai connections) and pay such bills from PEA, PWA, 3BB and TRUE in cash (from local ATM) at their local offices. No identification needed of any kind and no problems - very simple (for me).

You don't think paying 4 bills with cash withdrawn from an ATM at 4 different local offices is time consuming? I don't know what PWA is, but the other 3 bills I can pay using my phone faster than you can leave your property. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paahlman said:

Fantastic.. I wonder if we can still buy a coca cola, food, car, motorbike.., repairs, gasoline, snickers.. What is the difference really and where do they draw the line? Anyone knows.. It cant stop at utility bills.. What about hospital bills then or Insurance bills?

"What about hospital bills then or Insurance bills?"

Hospitals do take cash,use your ATM-card and insurance companies normally have several bank accounts, and you can pay online using internet or mobile banking. 

On 1/25/2020 at 8:51 AM, phka said:

It's to make life just a little more difficult for ex pats living here it's to make you feel unwelcome because the hate us

They are making life difficult for foreigners. Medical fees used to be the same for Thai citizens and foreigners, now there are several grades.

I do autodebit my bank account every month, save petrol and time. It's only around 5 or 10 baht per transaction to autodebit.

2 hours ago, Mbaki said:

I just went to 7-Eleven today and paid my electricity bill no problem, didn’t even ask for any ID.

Several 7/11 in areas with many condos doesn't care about the ID. They just scan the bill,you pay and off you go. Everybody's happy. 

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Scan to pay, whats that, Do I wave the bill in front of my computer screen ?

Every ATM has a scan to pay function. Just take your time and check the options and you'll find it. The electric bill for example, has a barcode. That's the one you scan. You'll even get a receipt. 

1 hour ago, paahlman said:

Agreed.. , but I do not believe they "forgot" a way to pay..hehe.. There is a reason which is yet to understand....It might blow over like everything... It will create too much problems in the long run.

Maybe someone forgot to put it in the requirements. Or maybe it's going to affect so few of their customers that they didn't deem it worth the investment to implement it. Or maybe they are working on it and it just hasn't been rolled out yet.

2 hours ago, Mbaki said:

I just went to 7-Eleven today and paid my electricity bill no problem, didn’t even ask for any ID.

Thanks for that.

So it was a single glitch/misunderstanding that was reported.

And if 7/11 would refuse we would have even more threads about it.

On 1/24/2020 at 4:52 PM, vogie said:

Charlie, where is this PEA app, just typed in PEA in play store and it came up with the Premature Ejaculation App☹️, can I pay my True internet and phone on line too. In Pattaya.

Seems you can only pay it prematurely

17 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Every ATM has a scan to pay function. Just take your time and check the options and you'll find it. The electric bill for example, has a barcode. That's the one you scan. You'll even get a receipt. 

Thanks, I never knew that was possible.

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I gave up trying to pay my water an electric online.

Have both laptop and PC, My bank is Kasikorn.

If your electric bill comes from PEA then it's not possible to pay online using K-Banks website (not yet anyway). It works with their mobile banking app,though. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

If your electric bill comes from PEA then it's not possible to pay online using K-Banks website (not yet anyway). It works with their mobile banking app,though. 

Yeah that's what I figured... can I pay online via Bangkok Bank, I have an account there as well but have only ever used it to receive my monthly salary which is set for an auto transfer to my K-bank.

11 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Google PEA that people keep talking about and your question will be answered.

I don't need to Google anything about PEA. But that reply to the poster was totally incorrect. He just couldn't find the app. To be able to pay a PEA bill online or via a bank app the bill has to be released = there has to be an "outstanding balance" as they call it. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

You don't think paying 4 bills with cash withdrawn from an ATM at 4 different local offices is time consuming? I don't know what PWA is, but the other 3 bills I can pay using my phone faster than you can leave your property. 

Yes indeed, but for me going to pay my bills gets me out of the house, doing some exercise and enjoying life in general. PWA is our Provincial Water Authority. I do not own a smart phone, only my trusted 3G Samsung!! I deal mainly in cash which is preferred by my local rural Thais - forget all this modern internet rubbish. 

3 hours ago, MiNombreEsFicticious said:

Thank you for a great laugh, I was ROTF. Imagine a Thai government trying to make life easier for Thais, why would they even consider doing that? That goes against every instinct and innate response they have. it's so unimaginable, it's comedy gold. thank you again for the laugh. 

Right. So again, ALL they do is designed to make your life miserable. YOU are SO important!!!

41 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Yeah that's what I figured... can I pay online via Bangkok Bank, I have an account there as well but have only ever used it to receive my monthly salary which is set for an auto transfer to my K-bank.

PEA is not listed as a payee at Bangkok Bank, so it's not possible to pay the bill online. If I were you, I would visit the nearest PEA office and ask them if you can pay automatically every month. They can pull money out your K-Bank account with your authorization. Just bring your passport, a bank account number and a PEA bill. This is how many condo owners pay PEA. 

Edited by Max69xl

10 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed, but for me going to pay my bills gets me out of the house, doing some exercise and enjoying life in general. PWA is our Provincial Water Authority. I do not own a smart phone, only my trusted 3G Samsung!! I deal mainly in cash which is preferred by my local rural Thais - forget all this modern internet rubbish. 

"forget all this modern internet rubbish"

Just wait, soon you might not be able to pay cash at the local office anymore. That's where it's going in several countries in Europe. 

11 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

PEA is not listed as a payee at Bangkok Bank, so it's not possible to pay the bill online. If I were you, I would visit the nearest PEA office and ask them if you can pay automatically every month. They can pull money out your K-Bank account with your authorization. Just bring your passport and bank account number. This is how many condo owners pay PEA. 

Yeah not real keen on giving them authorization to grab coin from my account, think I'll just keep paying it in person at the  7/11.

Thanks for explaining my options though.

4 hours ago, jimn said:

Your post is stupid beyond belief. Its not the shops fault its the payment system thats the problem. They developed software and forgot to add a way for a foreigner to pay, simple as that. If I was behind you in a queue and you did that I would make you put everything back yourself. What a pompous attitude to take.

It grabbed your attention, and one other. It got the response I was expecting. Job done.