'No, No America': Thousands of Iraqis rally against U.S. military presence

snoop1130

1 hour ago, WalkingOrders said:

My own view is that the USA should totally withdraw from Europe, and leave NATO, additionally that all forces should be pulled from Iraq and Afghanistan. Are we in agreement?

Obviously your opinion and certainly not US foreign policy on Europe and ME simply because withdrawing their influence will allow Russia and China to step in. What you personally think? 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And the source for the claim that Russia has hypersonic nuclear missiles is none other than Vladimir Putin. I guess for some people, he's a reliable source. 

They have tested it, its not necessarily nuclear, if claims are exgerated its still 50X better than anything the US has.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Obviously your opinion and certainly not US foreign policy on Europe and ME simply because withdrawing their influence will allow Russia and China to step in. What you personally think? 

And it's obviously not Trump's opinion either since the US now has more troops in the Mideast than it did when Trump took office.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pkspeaker said:

There is no constraint,he is the Commander IC.  He gives theorder and it has to be done.  He would not face a coup. He talks this talk because he knows the alt+right sentment is high amoung his supporters so he is leading you on, but ultimatly he is a deep state stooge.

Your lack of understanding of the American system of Government, and politics is laughable.

49 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I think Europe can handle the Russians all by themselves, and I don't see China stepping into the middle east quagmire any time soon, they need a few more carriers, and the first 5-7 will be concentrating on the South China Sea.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And it's obviously not Trump's opinion either since the US now has more troops in the Mideast than it did when Trump took office.

Absolutely right. But will not stop him from lying that he is pulling out troops as it appeals to his base. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

You might first want to recruit Donald Trump. The US now has more forces in the region than it did when Trump took office.

Again, my earlier posts regarding constraints on the Presidency go unnoticed... nuance man, its everywhere.

14 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Absolutely right. But will not stop him from lying that he is pulling out troops as it appeals to his base. 

This is an absolute lie not based on any fact, nor related to this topic in anyway. It simply a made up nonsense statement, that has nothing relevant to add to the conversation.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, mike787 said:

Why are you upset at the USA?

it looks like US bashing is quite popular in some circles. Lucky for it is America, but don't try to do the same to the country you (presumably) living now just in case stepping on somebody's toes. Certainly leave out tabu (-ed) top. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Quite a lot of going back and forth.

However, once again, anyone in support of the US presence in Iraq is either a blind nationalist or ignorant in terms of respecting international law not to mention the actual recent legislation by the Iraqi government.

Simple.

What labels me,  negates me.

Soren Kierkegaard

Yet. there are so many labels in these posts... ????

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mike787 said:

Relax!  Tell us what countries politicians do you worship or admire.

Just curious if you ever take other's valid points into consideration or just deflect...

Whew, such behavior is quite repetitive now a days especially within debates against those often in support of nationalistic views or blind faith in the government.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, WalkingOrders said:

Your lack of understanding of the American system of Government, and politics is laughable.

so is you resorting to adhominem attacks instead of making a legitimate counter argument.  US involvement in Iraq/Syria endless quagmire is bad for america, everyone knows it, he has broad support in the american voter constituency to end US involvement there and saving America billions in the first year and some lives of USM personnel and contractors.

This latest fiasco with the alasad base being rocketed demonstrates that the USM is spread too thinly in the region and they should abandon vulnerable bases like the ones in Iraq & Syria and consolidate their positions in the gulf states where there is actually a strategic reason to be there to bolster freedom of navigation.

Why does Trump not just order the redeployment?  Reagan never had a problem withdrawing from lebanon when it was obvious the US was getting involved in a regime support/nation building operation.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Just curious if you ever take other's valid points into consideration or just deflect...

Whew, such behavior is quite repetitive now a days especially within debates against those often in support of nationalistic views or blind faith in the government.

Come on, don't be shy, if I show mine you can show me your truth...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

Quite a lot of going back and forth.

However, once again, anyone in support of the US presence in Iraq is either a blind nationalist or ignorant in terms of respecting international law not to mention the actual recent legislation by the Iraqi government.

Simple.

I don't think I have seen a single post here in support of US forces remaining in Iraq.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

All you do is argue on here regardless of valid points not to mention truths in posts by others. You also have very establishment supportive responses and views.

Smells shady...

I have noticed this to be the case on TV. You will get folks just arguing for argue sake which are often those supporting either ultra-right policies or nationalist views. They pop up with new accounts/names time to time...

Nationalist views? Those would be against American foreign entanglements, against nation building, against forces remaining in Iraq and Afghanistan, and questioning the purpose of the NATO alliance. As I have been repeating over and over again. And your view on these issues ??

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You have no idea what my understanding is about the USA.

The US people are pretty much the same as people in most other countries. The problem is with the establishment politicians and various POTUS. They have a habit of interfering with other countries, declaring war (or not) on them, partly destroying their infrastructure, killing hundreds of thousands of people and staying in the country for years or decades at a time and then wondering why so many around the world hate the USA. Iraq and Afghanistan are by 2 such countries.

Yeah, actually I have a very strong idea. Made evident by your post regarding allies and 1941 if that was you. Zero understanding is my best estimate.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

All you do is argue on here regardless of valid points not to mention truths in posts by others. You also have very establishment supportive responses and views.

Smells shady...

I have noticed this to be the case on TV. You will get folks just arguing for argue sake which are often those supporting either ultra-right policies or nationalist views. They pop up with new accounts/names time to time...

"They pop up with new accounts/names time to time..."

Sound like someone who is paranoid all people he cried to mods about are coming back to haunt him.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pkspeaker said:

so is you resorting to adhominem attacks instead of making a legitimate counter argument.  US involvement in Iraq/Syria endless quagmire is bad for america, everyone knows it, he has broad support in the american voter constituency to end US involvement there and saving America billions in the first year and some lives of USM personnel and contractors.

This latest fiasco with the alasad base being rocketed demonstrates that the USM is spread too thinly in the region and they should abandon vulnerable bases like the ones in Iraq & Syria and consolidate their positions in the gulf states where there is actually a strategic reason to be there to bolster freedom of navigation.

Why does Trump not just order the redeployment?  Reagan never had a problem withdrawing from lebanon when it was obvious the US was getting involved in a regime support/nation building operation.  

Take your mighty fleet and bolster your own freedom of Navigation.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Dont quote others as me by grabbing quotes within quotes please thankyou.

• "Please, no responses to me personally using the word "YOU", or with veiled insults. Anything viewed as a personal attack will be promptly reported to moderators, in the way so kindly shown to me. Thank you. Wink!"
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1