'No, No America': Thousands of Iraqis rally against U.S. military presence

snoop1130

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Just another achievement, of the Trump foreign policy, or lack thereof. The US will be kicked out of Iraq, in a very humiliating and inglorious manner, within the year. Another few trillion down the toilet, several hundred thousand lives lost, but does the US care about brown lives lost?

By the way, did they ever find the WMD's?

No. They never did. The USA should withdraw forces today, likewise Afghanistan, likewise leave NATO and withdraw from Germany, also South Korea.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HannahD said:

It now appears that Mr. Trump will in fact keep some of his campaign promises though perhaps not as he envisioned keeping them. Withdraw from useless wars. Afghanistan? Iraq? Absolutely, but because the US is being evicted not because the US is voluntarily withdrawing. Normalize relations with Russia? Of course. While the US has been expending treasure on useless wars (pallets of $100 bills anyone?) the Russians have developed weapons that have rendered the USA a second rate military power. Can’t intimidate them any more so maybe the US should try friendship and diplomacy. What a brilliant politician. He tricked the Deep State into doing what he wanted to accomplish by letting them do what they wanted.

Re the Russians developing weapons rendering the US a second rate power. Simply untrue laughably so. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Well yeah, leaving is called withdrawing. But even if Iraq was inviting the USA to remain, I support pulling out, withdrawing, leaving.

No, you advocated choosing to withdraw. That is not what is happening here. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

No. They never did. The USA should withdraw forces today, likewise Afghanistan, likewise leave NATO and withdraw from Germany, also South Korea.

Nor did they ever find a link between Saddam, Al Qaeda and the World Trade Centre bombing...Funny that.  It just goes to show you the efficiency of the US of Lies propaganda machine although I believe more and more Americans are seeing through this nonsense now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

As an American it makes me so sad. The resentment against America in Iraq shouts out to me that we are an empire. To think my country was born from the revolutionary spirit and now it has deteriorated to this. It is not all Trump's fault. This is not a new thing and often only nuances exist between US presidents on foreign policy not a stark convrast. 

Excellent post, thank you.  Its Americans like you that give me hope for the future.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Nor did they ever find a link between Saddam, Al Qaeda and the World Trade Centre bombing...Funny that.  It just goes to show you the efficiency of the US of Lies propaganda machine although I believe more and more Americans are seeing through this nonsense now.

You think so? I bet a very large amount of Democrat progressives here think that its Trump pushing for confrontation with Iran and even Russia. And likewise they believe that it is NOT Trump fighting against a entrinched apparatus of bureaucracy that tries to control US foreign policy. Funny huh?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So it's OK to go illegally into another country and interfere with the leaders and their politics, create disruption and chaos then refuse to accept any responsibility? That sounds like US policy.

Obviously you have not been reading any of my posts. I favor a strongly non-interventionist foreign policy, especially when leftists want to scream about a US responsibility to protect or regime change in support of progressive Democracy., and yeah, I dont want any refugees unless they have been involved in protecting US blood.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

You think so? I bet a very large amount of Democrat progressives here think that its Trump pushing for confrontation with Iran and even Russia. And likewise they believe that it is NOT Trump fighting against a entrinched apparatus of bureaucracy that tries to control US foreign policy. Funny huh?

I think you'd lose that bet badly. On both counts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

It isn't Americas job to decide who rules a country and who doesn't, that's what coups are for.

unfortunately  when you arent able to decide who runs it and will never be  given the chance makes it  all a  bit of a joke..............Lets  see can I vote for the muslim party or the muslim party? almost as  good as  Thailand choices

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, ThaiFelix said:

its called ethnocentrism or eurocentrism:  a worldview centered on or biased towards Western civilization.   Everything else is considered inferior and needs to be 'saved' lol.

If only the world was as simple as textbook definitions. I just hate it when on culture starts mass murdering the other in a civil war, and then the world demands that power be used to stop the killing, or demands the fleeing women and children be fed, or housed.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I dont want any refugees unless they have been involved in protecting US blood.

Even if your illegal intervention created those same refugees?

Edited by giddyup
  • Thanks 2

Just now, giddyup said:

Even if your intervention created those same refugees?

Yeah countries and people who are better off simply because of where they were born should never ever help those less fortunate. Let them eat cake.

Sarcasm.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Yeah countries and people who are better off simply because of where they were born should never ever help those less fortunate. Let them eat cake.

Sarcasm.

Make up your mind do you want the USA to interfere to stop civil wars, feed the losers, thus enable them to fight on? Or do you want a non-interventionist policy? As for where people are born, is there something in cultures outside the USA that means they are inferior? Unable to come to peace? Govern themselved? Be prosperous? Liberals are war mongers.

• Confused 2

29 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Nice try. I have said withdraw several times. In this thread and elsewhere. 

Yes you did, you said withdrawal. That is not what is happening here, this is removal. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

When Wuhan invades Iraq and wipes out half the population, they will be crying to America for help.  But, who cares, they will be angry all day and hate and hate...OK, off to the beach, have fun Iraqis with all your hatred.   

<deleted>?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

And Saddam was also the kind of strong man Iraq needed to control the various different peoples and cultures who were forced to live inside unnatural borders, drawn up by interfering Europeans, in order to exploit (oil) and without any consideration at all for those peoples and cultures.  But of course the official explanation, same as today, is they were "saving" or civilising the Iraqis??

I thought an Empire existed that lost a war? Which forced lines to be drawn? Exploiting Europeans? What were the Ottoman's nice guys?

• Sad 2

44 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

And who supported Saddam?  "saved"?? you must have a different definition for the word?  "ungrateful"?  you think they should thank the US for bombing it back to the stoneage?  If the US really wanted to take out Saddam why didnt they just get him how they got the Iranian general....oh yeah thats right, there is no money to be made by Cheney and his cronies doing it that way.  I believe more relevant words for this discussion would be "destabilise" and "exploit" !! GO HOME YANKEE!

Go home? Good idea!

• Sad 1