'No, No America': Thousands of Iraqis rally against U.S. military presence

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

yes, and they had a  choice and they blew it............Japan had a  similar  choice

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

yes, and they had a  choice and they blew it............Japan had a  similar  choice

You might explain why the US had a right to start a war based on lies and false information?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Iraq and Afghanistan for sure. Both are massive foreign policy failures. And the Afghan and allied control over territory continues to drop to the point where the Pentagon is no longer even trying to access it, or use that as any sort of metric. 

In Iraq, due to one blunder after another, the US will be asked to leave soon. Trillions of dollars later. Hundreds of thousands of lives later. Pure US hubris. Pure GOP ignorance. Pure nonsense. Get out now. 

Cut the taxpayer's (who will never complain even one peep) losses. 

I may raise a few eyebrows here and perhaps pop up some red flags somewhere else ....but it was far more peaceful,  for the rest of the word at least, before they threw Saddam out from power (for his oil WMD)...:sorry:....or maybe I am wrong of course ????

...on the other hand, perhaps H.E. the Donald has a point when he wants to leave some of these troubled nations like Israel, the Golfe, in the Middle East and elsewhere, to solve out their issues themselves and learn to keep their mouths shut....or does he not ? ?

Edited by observer90210
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

I may raise a few eyebrows here and perhaps pop up some red flags somewhere else ....but it was far more peaceful for the rest of the word at least, before they threw Saddam out from power (for his oil WMD)...:sorry:

No, that's a fact.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

The US military are like cockroaches.....once you have them you can never get rid of them. It is high time that this imperialist power was brought to heel. Time of the EU leaders to stand up and say 'no more'.

Yeah, thinking the same, but choosing between evil and other evils that I whould call Russia or China, then what to choose? 

If even George W Bush still run the office, we will choose USA any day, but with Trump? I am in deep doubt what would benefit us the best way. If we choose to be greedy, China and Russia would with no doubt be our best economic friends for the future. But I guess we will go down with the Stars and bangers with the flag high. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

As an American it makes me so sad. The resentment against America in Iraq shouts out to me that we are an empire. To think my country was born from the revolutionary spirit and now it has deteriorated to this. It is not all Trump's fault. This is not a new thing and often only nuances exist between US presidents on foreign policy not a stark convrast. 

Agree, Trump doesn't look too good for a president, but to blame everything on him is a bit disingenuous.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

The US military are like cockroaches.....once you have them you can never get rid of them. It is high time that this imperialist power was brought to heel. Time of the EU leaders to stand up and say 'no more'.

The way for foreign countries hosting US forces to get rid of these forces is to get their government to ask the US government to withdraw its forces.  That is how it worked in the Philippines, and how it will work in Iraq and every other country that is hosting US forces, if they choose to ask.  Most of the countries hosting US forces seem keen on keeping, and in some cases increasing, these forces.

For the US to be an imperialist power it would need an empire, something like the British Empire and the Russian Empire (a.k.a. the Soviet Union).  What foreign lands does the US have this empire you imagine?

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The way for foreign countries hosting US forces to get rid of these forces is to get their government to ask the US government to withdraw its forces.  That is how it worked in the Philippines, and how it will work in Iraq and every other country that is hosting US forces, if they choose to ask.  Most of the countries hosting US forces seem keen on keeping, and in some cases increasing, these forces.

For the US to be an imperialist power it would need an empire, something like the British Empire and the Russian Empire (a.k.a. the Soviet Union).  What foreign lands does the US have this empire you imagine?

Everywhere. Try doing anything trump doesnt like. 

• Like 2