Thailand confirms fifth case of new coronavirus

snoop1130

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

I wonder if it is transmittable during the incubation period.

There are conflicting opinions from different scientific groups.  Some say quite categorically that it can not be transmitted during incubation and others state that they don't know for sure.

Still 41 dead and rising and no vaccine in sight.  Some say that a vaccine is a year away and one report I read have said that initial tests show that the ebola vaccine is showing good results.

9 minutes ago, HHTel said:

There are conflicting opinions from different scientific groups.  Some say quite categorically that it can not be transmitted during incubation and others state that they don't know for sure.

Still 41 dead and rising and no vaccine in sight.  Some say that a vaccine is a year away and one report I read have said that initial tests show that the ebola vaccine is showing good results.

Just think about it. The whole plan load is now infected. Yeah sure bring more of them.

1 minute ago, justin case said:

I bet a lot of thais are taking antibiotics right now, just in case they might get sick...

lol

totally useless against a virus and you destroy your immune system that is supposed to fight intruders

If only those antibiotics could fight their Thick Gene.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, sirineou said:

I wonder if it is transmittable during the incubation period.

During incubation, patients aren't infectious. Or as Dr. William Schaffner, a professor at Vanderbilt University and the medical director of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases, describes it, "It’s in my body but it’s not getting out."

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/new-coronavirus-u-s-what-isolation-n1122256

Not surprised the regime takes no blame in this.  They opened the Chinese Pandora’s box with free visas and special promotions enticing millions of Chinese to arrive here every month.  And Thailand has become Wuhan’s favorite vacation destination...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

Not surprised the regime takes no blame in this.  They opened the Chinese Pandora’s box with free visas and special promotions enticing millions of Chinese to arrive here every month.  And Thailand has become Wuhan’s favorite vacation destination...

Trojan horse

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/jan/24/french-cases-show-coronavirus-has-reached-europe

French cases show coronavirus has reached Europe

Three cases have been discovered, two of them from the same family

France has identified three cases of the deadly new coronavirus from China, the first cases in Europe.

2020-01-25_110525.png

2 hours ago, Bundooman said:

One of them, returning from Wusan appears to have deliberately taken a drug to suppress her symptoms and avoid detection at the airport.

How would you know what drug to take?

The woman, who had taken a normal over-the-counter anti-pyretic (reports didn't say which one, but aspirin or paracetamol would do) was found not to have the novel coronavirus. She just had a slight fever and had taken an anti-pyretic to reduce her fever, that's all.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2