Thailand confirms fifth case of new coronavirus

snoop1130

50 minutes ago, Traubert said:

'Estimate, predict, unlikely.'

I'll stick with facts if it's all the same to you.

You'll get facts when you've got the virus. WHO & co work on predictions. I'd rather trust them than Chinese coveruppers.

• Like 1

next week we have dead torist citys min end of the week

ohhh how look walkingstreet without chinese

but good no buses more for a short or longer period

news from 15.03h european time 21h thaitime today

just now www.investing.com   from china cctv

https://de.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/virustickerchina-untersagt-jegliche-gruppenreisen-1966253

15.03 Uhr - China untersagt ab Montag jegliche Gruppenreisen, wie der staatliche Fernsehsender CCTV unter Berufung auf eine Mitteilung des chinesischen Reiseverbandes berichtet. Das gelte auch für Reisen ins Ausland. Gruppenreisen innerhalb Chinas fänden bereits seit Freitag nicht mehr statt.

3:03 p.m. - China will prohibit any group travel as of Monday, as the state television channel CCTV reports, citing a message from the Chinese travel association. This also applies to trips abroad. Group trips within China have not taken place since Friday.

Edited by lapamita

6 minutes ago, lapamita said:

3:03 p.m. - China will prohibit any group travel as of Monday, as the state television channel CCTV reports, citing a message from the Chinese travel association. This also applies to trips abroad. Group trips within China have not taken place since Friday.

Thank you three times. I just might start believing there's a god. Let's hope this is permament.

• Like 1

aljazera  

Beijing to suspend domestic, overseas Chinese group tours: state media

China will suspend both domestic and overseas Chinese group tours, state media reported Saturday, as the government ramps up efforts to contain a new SARS-like virus that has infected nearly 1,300 people.

Starting Monday, all overseas group tour services, including hotel and plane ticket bookings, from Chinese travel agencies will be suspended, according to state broadcaster CCTV. Domestic tour groups were suspended from Friday, it said.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrysaora said:

Suggest you all watch this in its entirety:

This guy goes against pretty much all the medical professors and scientists around the globe.

It is definitely identifiable in a laboratory so saying that there is no test for it is absolute BS.

There are strong disagreements among the medical profession whether it can be transmitted in the incubation period, from "100% not transmittable" to "We don't really know!"

The IP as stated from many sources is around 14 days.

The current fatality is around 2 - 3% and not expected to rise above that.  However, one thing that this guy got right is that it can and probably will mutate.

From the 100's of confirmed cases, it does appear that the severity is nowhere near that of SARS.

One last comment:

A case has now been confirmed (by the Chula laboratory) in Hua Hin.  That's where I live.

It was identified in a woman who came direct from Wuhan.  The news is that after only a few days, she is recovering well. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Why are they still allowing arrivals from China, does money come into it ?

The Philippines have just turned around 500 tourists from Wuhan and sent them back to China. 

It's reported that none of them showed any signs of the virus.

Edited by HHTel
addition

23 minutes ago, HHTel said:

It is definitely identifiable in a laboratory so saying that there is no test for it is absolute BS.

You didn't pay attention did you? 

There's no test in the field to identify someone infected yet not showing symptoms.

Next?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HHTel said:

A case has now been confirmed (by the Chula laboratory) in Hua Hin.  

Chulalongkorn lab? I've been trying to find out how many labs in Thailand have the equipment to actually do the diagnosis with little luck. I can only guess it's the major international hospitals/research centers which puts it to.. 20-30? They will be overwhelmed within days. AFAIK there is no quick field test for the coronavirus. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

Chulalongkorn lab? I've been trying to find out how many labs in Thailand have the equipment to actually do the diagnosis with little luck. I can only guess it's the major international hospitals/research centers which puts it to.. 20-30? They will be overwhelmed within days. AFAIK there is no quick field test for the coronavirus. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Isn't it done by drawing blood?

26 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

I have to admit I haven't yet gotten to the details of how samples are acquired. Here's the WHO guidance I intend to read: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/330374/WHO-2019-nCoV-laboratory-2020.1-eng.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwitxtaJnJ_nAhXIwzgGHb91DuMQFjAHegQIBhAP&usg=AOvVaw3FgR8qB0vKu6VLq_KrTxpp&cshid=1579971432781

34 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

Viral culture is often considered the “gold standard” for laboratory diagnosis of viral respiratory infections. Laboratories with the appropriate experience and containment facilities, may attempt to isolate the virus. These recommendations do not cover virus isolation procedures. Culture of virus has important biosafety implications, depending on the type of virus, its pathogenicity and mechanism of spread.

1 hour ago, Chrysaora said:

You didn't pay attention did you? 

There's no test in the field to identify someone infected yet not showing symptoms.

Next?

There is no test in the field to identify anyone with the virus whether showing symptoms or not.  The diagnosis can only be confirmed in a laboratory.

It's not as dangerous as other coronavirus's.

Doctors agree that in time, most people will recover without treatment. People at risk are older people who have underlying health issues, like heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes. (That's the same demographic who is most at risk of dying from illnesses like the flu.)

The current fatality of 3% is considered over stated based on the assumption that because the majority only have mild symptoms, there are many who have not reported sick. If everyone with the virus was counted then the recorded fatality rate would drop.

It appears that normal healthy people will get symptoms of different severity but should recover without treatment.

7 hours ago, HHTel said:

This guy goes against pretty much all the medical professors and scientists around the globe.

There are strong disagreements among the medical profession whether it can be transmitted in the incubation period, from "100% not transmittable" to "We don't really know!"

The current fatality is around 2 - 3% and not expected to rise above that.  However, one thing that this guy got right is that it can and probably will mutate.

From the 100's of confirmed cases, it does appear that the severity is nowhere near that of SARS.

One last comment:

A case has now been confirmed (by the Chula laboratory) in Hua Hin.  That's where I live.

It was identified in a woman who came direct from Wuhan.  The news is that after only a few days, she is recovering well. 

Is anyone testing the other passengers from the flights that brought the people infected with the the Wuhan virus into Thailand? They should have been monitored for up to 14 days. Were they? How many infections in the coming weeks???

Thailand is seriously unprepared to deal with a grade one emergency. People can't even clear a road for an ambulance to reach a hospital quickly. 

When the number of cases already reported in Thailand increase in the coming weeks - and they absolutely will - people will become acutely aware just how unprepared the government and all the agencies are to deal with the problem. Chaos will ensue.

Again. is anyone testing the other passengers from the flights that brought the people infected with the the Wuhan virus into Thailand? They should have been monitored for up to 14 days. Were they? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HHTel said:

One last comment:

He is just a family doctor making his own informed guesses and maybe just shilling his youtube account. The maxim let's see what WHO says is probably wise counsel at this time. Alarm is diamond click bait at the moment I hope TVF doesn't make that connection !

Top comment is 

"No need to panic, but..."

• Wear a mask, gloves, special glasses, basically a full biohazard suit
• Don't touch anything outside your home or you might die.

• Barricade yourself inside your home and let no one in
• Don't go to hospital it's the most dangerous place out there.
• Even though you feel fine you might be two weeks away from death

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

It has now also reached Pakistan and Nepal.

Once it spread on the Indian subcontinent all bets are off.

Well I suppose it boils down to virulence, spread and deadliness in the end. Thank Allah this wasn't Hajj.

Hajj 2020 will begin in the evening of Tuesday, July 28 and ends in the evening of Sunday, August 2

On 1/24/2020 at 6:27 PM, thisisrascal said:

Stop all flights from China, please. 

Only returning Thai citizens should be allowed to return, and they should be quarantined. 

This will be BIG problem if fast action is not taken. Let's see the TOT's position on this. It will have a massive impact on tourism if correct measures are put in place. 

30 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

It has now also reached Pakistan and Nepal.

Once it spread on the Indian subcontinent all bets are off.

Dr Zafar Mirza dismisses media reports of Coronavirus in Pakistan -- 25JAN2020

The Special Assistant to Prime Minister (SAPM) on National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination, Dr Zafar Mirza, has rejected media reports claiming that Pakistan may have diagnosed its first case of the Coronavirus.

(quoted Twitter account) A part of media is INCORRECTLY reporting about diagnosis of a first case of novel corona virus in Pakistan. We expect responsible reporting by media. Please do not add to nation’s anxiety about nCoronavirus and should meticulously check facts before reporting. Thank you !!

https://nation.com.pk/25-Jan-2020/senior-health-official-says-no-truth-in-reports-of-coronavirus-in-pakistanN

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

Dr Zafar Mirza dismisses media reports of Coronavirus in Pakistan -- 25JAN2020

The Special Assistant to Prime Minister (SAPM) on National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination, Dr Zafar Mirza, has rejected media reports claiming that Pakistan may have diagnosed its first case of the Coronavirus.

(quoted Twitter account) A part of media is INCORRECTLY reporting about diagnosis of a first case of novel corona virus in Pakistan. We expect responsible reporting by media. Please do not add to nation’s anxiety about nCoronavirus and should meticulously check facts before reporting. Thank you !!

https://nation.com.pk/25-Jan-2020/senior-health-official-says-no-truth-in-reports-of-coronavirus-in-pakistanN

It has basically been detected in every country where a significant number of Chinese travel.

I will be very surprised if it is not already in India, just not detected yet.

10 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

It has basically been detected in every country where a significant number of Chinese travel.

I will be very surprised if it is not already in India, just not detected yet.

As far as I am aware, at least so far, it has yet to be detected outside China when not linked directly to someone who is from or has recently visited Wuhan.

• Like 2

I told an employer I will send him my CV.  Now that means CoronaVirus!!

We need to help our fellow humans...I'm off to Wuhan to make a difference!!!  I just hope Pattaya doesn't get infected.  LOL.  Oh, wait...it's already infected with another virus.

funny quote, "When you eat anything, you get everything."  

27 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

As far as I am aware, at least so far, it has yet to be detected outside China when not linked directly to someone who is from or has recently visited Wuhan.

The case in Hua Hin was a lady who came direct from Wuhan on Jan 19th.

Apologies.  I misread your post.

Edited by HHTel
correction
  • Like 1

This is the latest as of last night:

2007 confirmed cases, 1052 within Hubei.

56 fatalities, 52 within Hubei.

92 recovered, 85 within Hubei.

-----------------------------------

29 confirmed international cases

38 suspected international cases

0 fatalitites

3 international recoveries

It seems more are recovering than dying, and the containment exercise is effective so far.

• Like 1