1500cc ecosport

17 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Make sure the drain that you pour the old oil down can't be seen by the neighbors. Better still, drive into the boonies and after checking there are no witnesses, throw the bottles of used oil as far into the bush as you can.

For your info. Last week I passed the big volvo truck garage along the frontage road of highway 7 somewhere between laem chabang and Pattaya. I think it's owned by italthai.

Now it happened that they had cut open the road to lay new drainage, and you could clearly see a big drainage pipe coming from under the garage's parking lot, leaking some pure black fluid.

I doubt that was the drain from the washing machines.

Probably there are no bushes in the near vicinity.

7 hours ago, Susco said:

For your info. Last week I passed the big volvo truck garage along the frontage road of highway 7 somewhere between laem chabang and Pattaya. I think it's owned by italthai.

Now it happened that they had cut open the road to lay new drainage, and you could clearly see a big drainage pipe coming from under the garage's parking lot, leaking some pure black fluid.

I doubt that was the drain from the washing machines.

Probably there are no bushes in the near vicinity.

That they put the oil in the drain is highly unlikely, because the old oil can be sold.

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Make sure the drain that you pour the old oil down can't be seen by the neighbors. Better still, drive into the boonies and after checking there are no witnesses, throw the bottles of used oil as far into the bush as you can.

Wearing gloves in case of fingerprint evidence as well. You're not very good at this are you? Nabbed in two days on DNA evidence for you my lad.

8 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Why would anyone want to do their own oil change on a car?

So you know it's been done properly for one. Main agents can't even inflate tyres to the correct pressure. Ecosport should be 28 front 30 rear, Usually it comes with various pressures all around anything from 30 to 35 plus.

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Reason I'm asking is the system looks like lub' does the gearbox and engine, I think, and they state every 25,000 k for change.

I would prefer to do it every 10,000 or 15,000 k.

It's a new Ford with the new-fangled, award-winning and immensely robust EcoBoost mill. My last and current Rangers had a 15,000 k service interval and they collectively knocked out about 190,000 km between them over 9 services without incident. Of course that was in the pre-EcoBoost era but beyond some transmissions, Ford mechanicals are pretty sound so I don't really see the need to apply the legacy service intervals of a Ford Anglia, Humber Super Snipe or Vauxhall Viva to a new ride.

Unless you are bored and like wasting money of course.

IMHO, judging a dealer garage's service team's prowess by their apprentice oik's tendency to over-pressure the tires isn't in the least bit fair. When you need to get a flat fixed at a dedicated tire sales and repair shop, they too will stick as much air in as they think 'feels' right. I am beginning to think that these consistent high tire pressures is a Thai cultural thing like dark tinted windows and being unable to not being required to comprehend a map. If a car is still under warranty, unless they are horribly inefficient and useless, I recommend using the dealership service facilities. Once the warranty is up, you can switch to Somchai's place You will have maybe 200,000 km or 5 years to find him.

17 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

It's a new Ford with the new-fangled, award-winning and immensely robust EcoBoost mill. My last and current Rangers had a 15,000 k service interval and they collectively knocked out about 190,000 km between them over 9 services without incident. Of course that was in the pre-EcoBoost era but beyond some transmissions, Ford mechanicals are pretty sound so I don't really see the need to apply the legacy service intervals of a Ford Anglia, Humber Super Snipe or Vauxhall Viva to a new ride.

IMHO, judging a dealer garage's service team's prowess by their apprentice oik's tendency to over-pressure the tires isn't in the least bit fair. When you need to get a flat fixed at a dedicated tire sales and repair shop, they too will stick as much air in as they think 'feels' right. I am beginning to think that these consistent high tire pressures is a Thai cultural thing like dark tinted windows and being unable to not being required to comprehend a map. If a car is still under warranty, unless they are horribly inefficient and useless, I recommend using the dealership service facilities. Once the warranty is up, you can switch to Somchai's place You will have maybe 200,000 km or 5 years to find him.

Not just tyre pressures. Now it seems they want to change the water pump and the engine mounts every 75,000 k. Engine mounts (3) are elastomer type are designed to move a little bit but that is diagnosed as 'worn'.

It's a pain dealing with 22 years old 'mechanics' who were flipping burgers two months before.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

How old is your Ecosport and hown many kms on it?

4 years 75,000 k and never driven hard or offroad.

Edit. 4 brand new tyres on it a couple of weeks ago and they were still wanting to rotate the wheels.

Edited by overherebc

23 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I think folk take the higher tyre pressures because it's given free....................:crazy:

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

4 years 75,000 k and never driven hard or offroad.

Edit. 4 brand new tyres on it a couple of weeks ago and they were still wanting to rotate the wheels.

Have you got a copy of the recommended service items and costs from the Ford website? That will tell you if engine mounts and water pumps are a 'consumable' on this marque but somehow I doubt that they are. I know that car owners back home aren't supposed to need this information but we aren't back home and good service, especially car service and notably Ford car service can be questionable. The Pattaya shop were stellar the last time I used them but one thing I have noted at ANY dealership is they are only as good as their chief mechanic and if a good one quits or they hire a swinging dick, the same dealership can go south quite quickly

New tires after only 75k and you haven't driven it hard? As you suggested, the kid with the oily rag looked at a checklist and see's "75 k = rotate tires" so they're more to be pitied than scorned if they can't tell the difference between old tires and new ones.

Good luck. Maybe find another Ford dealership that's not too far away and give them a shot?

On 1/25/2020 at 9:51 AM, overherebc said:

So you know it's been done properly for one. Main agents can't even inflate tyres to the correct pressure. Ecosport should be 28 front 30 rear, Usually it comes with various pressures all around anything from 30 to 35 plus.

I guess you are referring to a Ford Dealer in Pattaya?

They are all not as bad as this dealership? I have been having excellent service with my Ford Dealer in Bangkae! Even better service than i ever had in the past with my UK Ford Dealers were when i lived in the Uk!

I own an Ecosport and very happy with it? would like to upgrade to latest model! but not available in Thailand yet?

Ford Dealers in Bangkae offer every 3 months clean, wash, wax  and mop paint work for 400 baht! up to 5 years old!. It;s like new again at a great price!

don't tar all Ford Dealers please with the same brush?

communication is normally the problem, why people get so angry and complain!

Happy customer!

1 hour ago, Martinpeter said:

I guess you are referring to a Ford Dealer in Pattaya?

They are all not as bad as this dealership? I have been having excellent service with my Ford Dealer in Bangkae! Even better service than i ever had in the past with my UK Ford Dealers were when i lived in the Uk!

I own an Ecosport and very happy with it? would like to upgrade to latest model! but not available in Thailand yet?

Ford Dealers in Bangkae offer every 3 months clean, wash, wax  and mop paint work for 400 baht! up to 5 years old!. It;s like new again at a great price!

don't tar all Ford Dealers please with the same brush?

communication is normally the problem, why people get so angry and complain!

Happy customer!

I just get pee- d off when a young so called car mechanic tries to BS me on things I know about cars and engines.

Looking at a 2nd hand car that had pale blue smoke coming out the exhaust and they tell you that's no problem, black smoke is ok. When you tell them it means worn valves or piston ring problems they will say not possible on this model.

Two main agents have tried to 'sell' parts that don't need replaced probably because they're on a bonus.

Mazda in Australia just got stuffed by the AAAA for charging people people for work that should have been covered by warranty.

So it's not just Thailand.

Doubt if you'll get an updated model in Thailand. I've been told they are not going to be continued.

Edited by overherebc

17 hours ago, overherebc said:

I just get pee- d off when a young so called car mechanic tries to BS me on things I know about cars and engines.

Looking at a 2nd hand car that had pale blue smoke coming out the exhaust and they tell you that's no problem, black smoke is ok. When you tell them it means worn valves or piston ring problems they will say not possible on this model.

Two main agents have tried to 'sell' parts that don't need replaced probably because they're on a bonus.

Mazda in Australia just got stuffed by the AAAA for charging people people for work that should have been covered by warranty.

So it's not just Thailand.

Doubt if you'll get an updated model in Thailand. I've been told they are not going to be continued.

You will laugh, our lad is a worrier, gets his bird to take his Honda Civic to the dealers for a check up near every month, for some daft reason. Of course the dealer has got wise to this.

His bird phoned Mrs.Trans saying they want 40,000bht to replace some electronic gadget, no idea what. I said what'a wrong with the car, nothing was the reply, I said tell her to bring the thing home.

I told the Mrs to tell the lad to "STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE HONDA"......????

12 minutes ago, transam said:

You will laugh, our lad is a worrier, gets his bird to take his Honda Civic to the dealers for a check up near every month, for some daft reason. Of course the dealer has got wise to this.

His bird phoned Mrs.Trans saying they want 40,000bht to replace some electronic gadget, no idea what. I said what'a wrong with the car, nothing was the reply, I said tell her to bring the thing home.

I told the Mrs to tell the lad to "STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE HONDA"......????

Yep fuse for the stereo is anywhere from 30,000 to 40,000 in some main dealers.

????????

• Haha 1