Changing work, extension stay based on employment to extension stay based on marriage and WP

Hi all,

After a meeting with my work in trying to change my yearly extension stay based on employment to a yearly extension stay based on marriage, they have denied it to me.

I'm thinking in opening a company with my wife as a shareholder but not as an employee, for now.

I understand that if they don't let me change to this new extension I could not open a company like I'd like, since 1 million in registered capital is required to set up a company having a extension stay based on marriage.

My actual company told me that if I want to leave the company in a future and I want to change to a new visa without having to leave they country, they could help me.

My objective is to don't let any gap between visas, even in the work permit, since I gonna apply to Thai nationality.

I think I won't have any problem in changing my extension based on employment to a extension based on being married to a Thai wife in a future BUT I don't want let have any gap between my actual WP and the next one. I don't know how to open a company if they don't let me change the extension neither.

Any suggestion in how to do it? Could I change the WP the same day without any gap between them, already having the required documents prepared to be employed in my new company?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Medinitas

You open the company with any type of visa. But you cannot work at it without a work permit.

Who is telling your that you cannot change the reason for your extension from working to marriage? It can be done but the existing extension has to be canceled so it can be done.

19 hours ago, Medinitas said:

After a meeting with my work in trying to change my yearly extension stay based on employment to a yearly extension stay based on marriage, they have denied it to me

It would obviously be easier for your company if you had an extension based on marriage and not business - they'd have nothing to do / contribute. Then they'd only have to take care of your work permit.