Extension with 1 day overstay

Hi guys. I think I made a mistake with my SETV. The visa page says valid from 28 Nov 2019 to 27 Feb 2020, but I entered on 28 Nov and the stamp says until 26 Jan. So I guess validity of visa is referring to entry validity, but the actual expiry given my entry day is 26 Jan.

Anyways, 26th January is Sunday so immigration will be closed. Any chance of getting an extension if I show up on Monday 27th? Or better to abandon ship and get a ticket out somewhere?

I have all the TM30 paperwork and all that jazz.

Thanks for your help.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Am I missing something (as usual) why don't you apply for extension some days prior?. Even a week 

Because I made a mistake. As I said, I thought the expiry was in February. But I guess the February part is referring to validity of entry. A 60-day period is triggered as soon as you enter the country, which was end of November, if I am understanding it correctly.

Edited by jmsthailand

2 minutes ago, Maestro said:

jmsthailand, you understand it correctly.

Go and apply for the extension on Monday. You will have to pay an overstay fine of THB 500 in addition to the extension fee of THB 1,900.

Thanks, Maestro. I read somewhere on here that if your expiry occurs at the weekend, the immigration office might waive the 500 baht. Anyways, worst case 500 baht is not too bad. As long as I don't get deported lol.

6 minutes ago, jmsthailand said:

Because I made a mistake. As I said, I thought the expiry was in February. But I guess the February part is referring to validity of entry. A 60-day period is triggered as soon as you enter the country, which was end of November, if I am understanding it correctly.

Yes, I understand now. Your post was clear. Maestro post has given you best option. If for some reason you had to avoid overstay you could border bounce tomorrow and reenter visa exempt. Clearly not the preferred option

3 hours ago, Maestro said:

Go and apply for the extension on Monday. You will have to pay an overstay fine of THB 500 in addition to the extension fee of THB 1,900.

They shouldn’t charge the overstay as long as he applies on the Monday. If he applied on the Tuesday it would be 1,000 baht fine.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes, I understand now. Your post was clear. Maestro post has given you best option. If for some reason you had to avoid overstay you could border bounce tomorrow and reenter visa exempt. Clearly not the preferred option

It is not recorded as an overstay.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is only correct in Chiang Mai. Other offices are closed on weekends and holidays.

Nakhon Phanom is open for TM30 on weekends (and some holidays). 

Perhaps we can gather a list ????

Edited by Enki

On 1/24/2020 at 9:47 PM, Maestro said:

io closed on 26th so should be no fine on the 27th

Another example where confusing a visa and a permission to stay or extension of permission  to stay causes potential or actual problems. And yet some people keep insisting that pointing out the  difference is nit picking. It doesn't matter until it matters.