Govt wants switch to gasohol E20 by mid-year

rooster59

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Well hidden support/subsidy for the farmers?

I think it is indirectly described in the article.

They is no subsidy this year for sugar cane ,and the price is low ,as for cassava they has not been a subsidy for a good few years now .

But the main problem is with very little rain last year sugar cane yields are down in my area by 50%, same with a lot of other provinces, and cassava harvest has barely started in my area  it should be in full swing , what bit they is compared with other years and the yields will be low .

So, Mr Energy Minister ,you need to check that you  have the cane and cassava that can produce the ethyl alcohol before making statements. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Great. More sugarcane burning for ethanol production.

Whether the cane is burnt or not is irrelevant. Ethanol is produced in a distillery using the exhausted sugar syrup also known as molasses. Very good use of resources and reduces the reliance on imported fuel. The waste product after ethanol can be used as very high quality fertiliser.

Brazil has cars running on 100% ethanol or alcool as they call it. They swing between ethanol production and sugar production depending on the cost of crude oil.

Lot smarter than a lot of posters on this forum.

By the way the guy was talking about palm sugar production in the first instance.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Why does many peeps around keep saying that they get less mileage using E20 compared to E10 (Gasohol 91 & 95)?

I used all of them interchangeably and notice no difference in mileage.

1 full tank (on either E20 or E10) always gets me 350-450 km. At least I don't floor the accelerator when driving. My RPM is always between 1200 and 1700 rpm max when travelling inter province or city.

There are suggestions that having 2L engine, you should go beyond 100km/h to save gas, that's above 1500rpm which sucks more gas.

If you really want to save on gas, always drive below 1500rpm, and you can go for longer drive. Use your N gear as well on longer stops, you should see your rpm goes below 1000rpm on idle.