Ex-immigration chief Surachate given stern warning by PM

rooster59

12 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

The RTP purchased a fleet of BMW on Prayut’s watch, but then again Prayut is signing off purchase orders for goodness knows how many millions of dollars for unnecessary submarines. I wonder if any Thai journalists have the balls to follow the paper trail for the BMW fleet purchase, they’re about 3 million just for the car !!

Would be traced back to BMW dealership owned by a relation of a corrupt government official with kick backs. Just guessing.????

• Like 2

Prayuth's airing of this dirty laundry in public makes him reek of his own guilt. Sure, he was offended when the Joke called out immigration for massive corruption. But we all already know of the massive corruption in the army, the police, immigration and customs. That is not exactly a secret. 

This appears to be sour grapes on the part of the Joke. But who cares? Always fun to watch the corrupt and powerful being called out. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJ54 said:

IMO it’s improper to discipline a employee publicly in such a manner.

Prayut must be following international news and has decided it might be a good idea to berate his top people in public, just like another politician does using Twitter.

• Like 1

Gross misconduct like bypassing his superiors ?, but the biggie in there is keeping the secrets or i suspect the bullets will be a little higher next time.

How the PM can keep a straight face while delivering his little speech is a mystery in this dysfunctional and corrupt administration, BJ was the only one talking about trying to curb the corruption even a little.

12 hours ago, tgw said:

this is an interesting piece of news.

something stinks to the high heavens.

one question is, why was this warning given in public ?

why allow everyone to witness the sacking of the deputy police chief and then to know about this warning?

who else than Big Joke should heed the advice?

if something happens to BJ, is this to mean "I told you so" ?

Agree with you,

If Surachate is assigned to the office of the PM, why not just a meeting or an internal memo?

Why all the high drama and a public announcement other than to let everybody know what you have done for the benefit of those on ' both sides of the fence '

Cloak and dagger, opaque and steamy windows!

Going public with this smells like a distraction to me to keep the interest elsewhere from things happening at the same time (and probably conveniently systematically being removed from news if mentioned). That whole gold heist case was also a little bit too easily solved considering the usual competence of RTP, but it sure did cause a media frenzy.. Again a mighty good distraction.

What it might be, haven't quite been able to put my finger on it yet, except that it seems that early 1930s is apparently not a good vintage.

• Like 1

was told not to do anything which could be deemed to be gross misconduct, such as performing his duty dishonestly, filing false reports, bypassing his superior, abusing his authority, being careless in the performance of his duties, abandoning his duty or doing anything which could be deemed to be persecution or oppression of others.

He was told in no uncertain terms..

"Leave that to me son, watch and learn "...

• Haha 1

There's the saying that's been variously attributed to Sun Tzu, Niccolò Machiavelli, or Petrarch, of "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

When Big Joke was suddenly moved from the Immigration hot-seat to the PM's outer office, I remember thinking that he's not really there just to give special advice.

Then there was that bizarre shooting up of his empty Lexus as it waited for him outside a massage shop off Suriwong and the speculation about who any 'message' was from.

Hakparn notably commented on 20th Jan that "It will all come out" when pressed on precisely that matter and the now the PM makes this official 'cease and desist' order public? The fact that this 2 billion baht 'conflict of interest' with his ex-boss even gets mentioned frequently in public is either a major factor or a rather elaborate red herring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

When Big Joke was suddenly moved from the Immigration hot-seat to the PM's outer office, I remember thinking that he's not really there just to give special advice.

You really had to think about that, when it was written all over the the Thai press and Thaivisa forum that he was moved there because he was stripped of his ranks?

Maybe reading was not your favorite subject in school.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Hakparn notably commented on 20th Jan that "It will all come out" when pressed on precisely that matter and the now the PM makes this official 'cease and desist' order public? The fact that this 2 billion baht 'conflict of interest' with his ex-boss even gets mentioned frequently in public is either a major factor or a rather elaborate red herring.

IMHO a not very elaborate red herring. Obvious really. Try as they might to emulate Machiavelli, the Thai elite never seem to manage it. Something to do with adolescent minds with sub normal IQs.

Edited by DannyCarlton