Pattaya: Sri Lankan tourist reports $700 theft after getting on back of Thai woman's bike

rooster59

Look at the cop's smug face as he listens intently to this story of woe.  Now guess what action will be taken to bring the perp to justice.  Pattaya police are a disgrace to a nation which has these headlines just from today's BKK Post -

Five Sukhothai cops shifted after pub raid

Five cops demoted after pub raid

Chumphon police shifted after Halloween pub raids

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He got on the back

Does she have octopus tentacles to drive a bike while reaching behind herself to get to his bag?  how does he not notice this?

anyhow.  they found the 22,000, told him they found 1,000, gave him 100 and it's a mai bpen rai.

enjoy!!    

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Look at the cop's smug face as he listens intently to this story of woe.  Now guess what action will be taken to bring the perp to justice.  Pattaya police are a disgrace to a nation which has these headlines just from today's BKK Post -

Five Sukhothai cops shifted after pub raid

Five cops demoted after pub raid

Chumphon police shifted after Halloween pub raids

Wow, you have it bad,it’s a photo,I don,t see smug! 

16 hours ago, bronzedude said:

How do you accost somebody when they're sitting behind you on a motorbike? Did she have a midget with soft fingers hiding in her underwear? Where did a Sri lankan get  22000 baht anyway? 

He was holding the week's spending money for him and his 21 mates.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, amykat said:

How do you know they don’t work in Singapore or somewhere else they get paid reasonably well??

They weren't paid all that well in Saudi when I was there, and their vacations always meant going home to a family. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bronzedude said:

How do you accost somebody when they're sitting behind you on a motorbike? Did she have a midget with soft fingers hiding in her underwear? Where did a Sri lankan get  22000 baht anyway? 

Yes she (he) does have a soft small midget in her underwear. LOL

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They weren't paid all that well in Saudi when I was there, and their vacations always meant going home to a family. 

So true, had to pay the agents fees first, but nice people and good workers

On 1/25/2020 at 10:23 PM, Leaver said:

Anyone else noticed the rise in petty theft here lately? 

Of course, it's the tourist's fault. Right? 

Maybe don't blame everything on the tourist straight away , but being pickpocketed while sitting on the back of the bike ????? Sorry but that's just not possible .

3 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Maybe don't blame everything on the tourist straight away , but being pickpocketed while sitting on the back of the bike ????? Sorry but that's just not possible .

It's a brief article, short on details.  Maybe there were two lady boys riding around and one got off the bike for the victim to get on, and it was he who was doing the "rubbing and thieving." 

On 2/2/2020 at 10:50 AM, JustAnotherHun said:

Who carries 700USD in his wallet when having a walk in Pattaya? Do those people never have heard of credit or atm card?

Even better: Have your walk with a 10-Baht-Chain around your neck ????

Me..... what is, it about 20,000 baht?

I got credit cards and ATM card too, but usually draw cash out once a week.

My gold chain got yanked off years ago. 

17 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Me..... what is, it about 20,000 baht?

I got credit cards and ATM card too, but usually draw cash out once a week.

The bar girls may be very impressed when you open such a big fat THB-wallet in a place where you find an ATM every hundred meters.

My gold chain got yanked off years ago.

Amazing! ????

5 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

The bar girls may be very impressed when you open such a big fat THB-wallet in a place where you find an ATM every hundred meters.

I prefer not to have my ATM card with me (no Credit Cards too) when out enjoying myself. I regard standing in the open withdrawing money at an ATM at night as dumb as wearing gold chains. 

On 2/4/2020 at 6:31 PM, jacko45k said:

I prefer not to have my ATM card with me (no Credit Cards too) when out enjoying myself. I regard standing in the open withdrawing money at an ATM at night as dumb as wearing gold chains. 

You never know what could happen here, and one may need access to money immediately, for a good, or not so good purpose.  For this reason, I carry my ATM card, but the card is on a secondary account attached to my main account.

When I have needed to withdraw money at night, I use the ATM's at the front of Family Marts, or the foyers of larger hotels.  The outside is will lit up and under CCTV.